2021 Dragonball Game predictions?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

coola
I Live Here

Re: 2021 Dragonball Game predictions?

Post by coola » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:56 am

I'm honestly tired of 3D fighting games, would love to see Musou style game (Dragon Quest Heroes, Hyrule Warriors) set in early Dragon Ball. Eventually JRPG :)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:45 am

coola wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:56 am I'm honestly tired of 3D fighting games, would love to see Musou style game (Dragon Quest Heroes, Hyrule Warriors) set in early Dragon Ball. Eventually JRPG :)
Haha, Goku Vs Red RIbbon Army! Yes!

Might be fun... I have played Samurai and Dynasty Warriors as a kid and enjoyed the stories that kinda fit that era, altough with overpowered legendary warriors against whole armies.
But later, I have tried the Gundam Musou game and I don't know, it didn't fit the style and it was kinda weird and got really repetitive over time.

I would seriously love to explore something different than Z or Z with bits and pieces from Super that we get all the time.
I have already fought Freeza, Cell and Buu hundreds of times in my life.
I don't know how much Super can stand alone, being kind of direct sequel/continuation of Z and GT is kind of Star Wars Sequel Trilogy thing (people like it but not so much and it is overshadowed/disregarded by Super).

But, I would love the OG Dragon Ball again. I have enjoyed the Revenge of King Piccolo so much and been kinda pissed at the same time that the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai was left out again. At least Kakarot should have recreated that with short DB recap before that, they already had the models! But nope, we get Goku in the woods having image battle with Piccolo with some monologue exposition, but I would the actual tournament recreated over fighting the pirate robots for 500th time and shoehorned into some silly story.
But it gets ommited all the time, from Z because it is part of Dragon Ball anime and from Dragon Ball anime because they have character models and mechanics for small Goku and it will be hard to change at in later parts of the game.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:11 pm

If we are getting a new game this year, we would probably hear about it by now. Both Fighterz and Kakarot came out in January afterall. I feel like we are not getting DB games in October-November like we used too.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:32 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:11 pm If we are getting a new game this year, we would probably hear about it by now. Both Fighterz and Kakarot came out in January afterall. I feel like we are not getting DB games in October-November like we used too.
I think we'll hear about the game next month on the 6th at that Dragon Ball Video Game event

7-9 months is a good amount of time to promote the game

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:27 pm

Should we stop expecting a game this year if nothing gets announced during that Battle Hour event?
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:45 am

IntangibleFancy wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:27 pm Should we stop expecting a game this year if nothing gets announced during that Battle Hour event?
Bandai announced a few games during E3 such as Jump Force, so that's a possibility as well. I do think however that battle hour has the highest chance of being where it'll be announced.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:13 am

I have got e-mail from Bandai with title: Competition, announcement, rewards…

for Dragon Ball Games Battle Hour on 6th of March and there will be DB Legends, FighterZ and Dragon Ball Super card game.

Have no idea what the card game is, there will definitely be some DLCs announced https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUtmq4oPg8g

So besides DLC, sure there is chance that they will announce a new game, anything might happen and this might be the best even for that.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Creatful_Chaos

Post by Creatful_Chaos » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:46 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:10 pm
kemuri07 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:33 pm
WittyUsername wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:24 pm FighterZ still seems to be going strong, so I don’t think there’s much of a need for a sequel. The most obvious choice for a new game would be Xenoverse 3, although I’m not sure they’d be able to offer much in terms of new characters. I guess they could include Moro, but I assume they’d want him to appear in animated form first.
I honestly don't even know what a FighterZ 2 would even look like. I take it they won't do anything with the manga stuff until they adapt it in some animated form, and even then I think that's just DLC. FighterZ alone already has pretty much everyone you would want in a DBZ fighting game.
I agree. FighterZ has already provided fans with the competitive fighting game they’ve always hoped for, so I don’t see what new things a sequel would bring. Unlike the Tenkaichi and Xenoverse games, FighterZ is a fighting game first, and a fanservice game second.
all the tenkaichi games are fighting games though...

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:22 pm

Creatful_Chaos wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:46 pm
kemuri07 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:33 pm

I honestly don't even know what a FighterZ 2 would even look like. I take it they won't do anything with the manga stuff until they adapt it in some animated form, and even then I think that's just DLC. FighterZ alone already has pretty much everyone you would want in a DBZ fighting game.
I agree. FighterZ has already provided fans with the competitive fighting game they’ve always hoped for, so I don’t see what new things a sequel would bring. Unlike the Tenkaichi and Xenoverse games, FighterZ is a fighting game first, and a fanservice game second.
Yes, but they’re not concerned about being competitive fighting games that non-Dragon Ball fans can enjoy. They’re made purely for the fans.

Creatful_Chaos

Post by Creatful_Chaos » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:46 am

WittyUsername wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:22 pm
Creatful_Chaos wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:46 pm

Yes, but they’re not concerned about being competitive fighting games that non-Dragon Ball fans can enjoy. They’re made purely for the fans.
Just because it's unconventional fighting doesn't make it "not competitive" or "a fake fighting game" the people that always talk about it like that have no knowledge of the game or its depth. Look up pandu vs zodo or jose vs pandu on youtube I guarantee you wouldn't be able to understand half of what's happening

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:28 pm

What's the chances of a new game being teased tomorrow?
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:42 pm

budokaifanatic007 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:28 pmWhat's the chances of a new game being teased tomorrow?
I personally think it's very likely, as this is close to the time that last 2 or 3 games got announced. It would be interesting if they brought Spike back into the development cycle.

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:11 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:42 pm
budokaifanatic007 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:28 pmWhat's the chances of a new game being teased tomorrow?
I personally think it's very likely, as this is close to the time that last 2 or 3 games got announced. It would be interesting if they brought Spike back into the development cycle.
Yes, as much as I don't really like spike I'm sure they could do a better job than what Dimps is doing right now.
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:13 pm

budokaifanatic007 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:11 pm
Matches Malone wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:42 pm
Yes, as much as I don't really like spike I'm sure they could do a better job than what Dimps is doing right now.
I don't expect anything new from Dimps for awhile, as it seems like they still have a lot of plans for XV2.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:14 pm

On the English DB Games Battle Hour live stream, this guy said:

"Later, we will look into the past games and maybe dip a little bit into the Future as well....?"

Could be referring to the DLC announcements that happen in 10 hours or we might actually get a new game announcement.

The new game announcement can happen during the middle of the stream as there is a small intermission. :think:

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:24 pm

Bardock God of Time wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:14 pm On the English DB Games Battle Hour live stream, this guy said:

"Later, we will look into the past games and maybe dip a little bit into the Future as well....?"

Could be referring to the DLC announcements that happen in 10 hours or we might actually get a new game announcement.

The new game announcement can happen during the middle of the stream as there is a small intermission. :think:
I think a new game announcement is very likely, but mentioning the past is equally interesting. Could they start re-releasing older games on digital stores ?

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:38 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:24 pm
Bardock God of Time wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:14 pm On the English DB Games Battle Hour live stream, this guy said:

I think a new game announcement is very likely, but mentioning the past is equally interesting. Could they start re-releasing older games on digital stores ?
I think they're just going to have a montage of the Dragon Ball games history but I would be down for that too.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:32 pm

All I really want to hear about is info on Kakarot's upcoming DLC and whether or not they intend to make a new game this year. Is it still worth tuning into the stream today or should I just check back tomorrow?

On a side note, why does Bandai always hire MCs/announcers that can't pronounce any of the character names correctly?

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:53 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:32 pm All I really want to hear about is info on Kakarot's upcoming DLC and whether or not they intend to make a new game this year. Is it still worth tuning into the stream today or should I just check back tomorrow?

On a side note, why does Bandai always hire MCs/announcers that can't pronounce any of the character names correctly?
The Closing Ceremony that has the announcements is at 10 PM central time, I'll personally be sleeping at that time.

I'd wait till tomorrow, all that information will be there in the morning.

The only thing we know now is that the "World Flight" Kakarot thing was just a special cinematic for Battle Hour, so we don't really know anything about DLC 3.

I hope we get a new game announcement, I don't really care about many video games nowadays. I only care about Naruto, Dragon Ball and Kingdom Hearts games.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:16 pm

Bardock God of Time wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:53 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:32 pm All I really want to hear about is info on Kakarot's upcoming DLC and whether or not they intend to make a new game this year. Is it still worth tuning into the stream today or should I just check back tomorrow?

The Closing Ceremony that has the announcements is at 10 PM central time, I'll personally be sleeping at that time.

I'd wait till tomorrow, all that information will be there in the morning.

The only thing we know now is that the "World Flight" Kakarot thing was just a special cinematic for Battle Hour, so we don't really know anything about DLC 3.

I hope we get a new game announcement, I don't really care about many video games nowadays. I only care about Naruto, Dragon Ball and Kingdom Hearts games.
Do we know anything about Kakarot's DLC?