2021 Dragonball Game predictions?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LightBing
I Live Here

Re: 2021 Dragonball Game predictions?

Post by LightBing » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:31 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:51 pm
LightBing wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:33 am With the current situation, which should extend itself at least until March maybe more, there's a pretty good chance of no Dragon Ball game in 2021.
I never found the source for this statement, but I heard Shueisha makes Bandai release a DB game every year or else they risk losing their license.
Even if that agreement is true extraordinary circumstances should be included. Even if they aren't it's about common sense.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:50 pm

LightBing wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:33 am With the current situation, which should extend itself at least until March maybe more, there's a pretty good chance of no Dragon Ball game in 2021.
I never found the source for this statement, but I heard Shueisha makes Bandai release a DB game every year or else they risk losing their license.
That's been the word on the street for a while. When Bandai wanted more time on bigger games smaller games like Budokai HD collection bought them time.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:38 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:50 pm
That's been the word on the street for a while. When Bandai wanted more time on bigger games smaller games like Budokai HD collection bought them time.
Is it safe to assume they'll finagle their way out of 2021 with a Xenoverse HD collection?
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:13 am

IntangibleFancy wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:38 am
Is it safe to assume they'll finagle their way out of 2021 with a Xenoverse HD collection?
Xenoverse is already HD. An HD remake would have to be Tenkaichi, Zenkai battle or Infinite World. Maybe even a raging blast remake.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:11 am

IntangibleFancy wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:38 amIs it safe to assume they'll finagle their way out of 2021 with a Xenoverse HD collection?
They could release a Nintendo game as well, which is what they did in both 2017 and 2019 to allow FighterZ and Kakarot more development time.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:56 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:13 am
IntangibleFancy wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:38 am

Xenoverse is already HD. An HD remake would have to be Tenkaichi, Zenkai battle or Infinite World. Maybe even a raging blast remake.
Then what about some kind of ultimate edition with crossplay, 120fps support , all the DLC in one, and anything else they decide to throw in?

Come to think of it, isn't that what Rockstar did to GTA V to get out of making 6?
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:35 am

IntangibleFancy wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:56 pmThen what about some kind of ultimate edition with crossplay, 120fps support , all the DLC in one, and anything else they decide to throw in?
That could work, I'll even go as far as to say that might actually happen. They could even throw in some exclusive next gen characters as well.

Super Saiyan Zach

Post by Super Saiyan Zach » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:27 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:56 pm
miguelnuva1 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:13 am
IntangibleFancy wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:38 am Is it safe to assume they'll finagle their way out of 2021 with a Xenoverse HD collection?
Then what about some kind of ultimate edition with crossplay, 120fps support , all the DLC in one, and anything else they decide to throw in?

Come to think of it, isn't that what Rockstar did to GTA V to get out of making 6?
That would basically be XV3 (and it should also have new characters both in the base game and for DLC) and I can definitely see them doing that for PS5, XSX|S & Switch.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:13 pm

If they have been working on XV2 since 2017, it better be worth the wait. I want a XV3 with no RNG and more creativity with the story mode. I'm hoping XV3 will be the Sparking 3 of the Xenoverse series because 3 tends to be the magic number for DB games.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:26 pm

Possible game announcement at this Dragon Ball game event? Dragon Ball Games Battle Hour on March 6th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caxidhXgRlI

Kakarot was announced at a Fighterz tournament right? Fingers crossed for Xenoverse 3...

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:22 am

Bardock God of Time wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:26 pm Possible game announcement at this Dragon Ball game event? Dragon Ball Games Battle Hour on March 6th

Kakarot was announced at a Fighterz tournament right? Fingers crossed for Xenoverse 3...
March is definitely a possible date, as that will give them a 9-10 month period for marketing before its potential early 2022 release date.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:30 am

I am actually kinda obverdragonballed again on the PS4 generation.
Dragon Ball XV1, altough a port from PS3, was nice change. XV2 was dissapointing gameplay-wise but the continual support is nice.
Kakarot was a nostalgic fun lacking in content and FighterZ was marvelous.

I am seriously indifferent to possibility of XV3 and not looking forward to that in comparison to getting XV2 in preorder as Day 1 Edition.

FighterZ is still going and not dead yet and not only I don't see how they can improve on it with a sequel (as it already has more characters than we bargained for) except for single player modes and also, thanks to Covid it is hard to do proper tournaments like in the era the game was created.

Expanding Kakarot for more content and arcs from other series is nice on paper but I don't see myself replaying the Z portion again, took me 50 hours to do everything.

I really have no idea what they can bring up to get me excited, but I would love some old-fashioned remake of Raging Blast 2, with more content and up-to-date visuals with the music from the series, to have this kind of DB simulator for mindless fun which I miss and Xenoverse is not it.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:32 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:30 am I really have no idea what they can bring up to get me excited, but I would love some old-fashioned remake of Raging Blast 2, with more content and up-to-date visuals with the music from the series, to have this kind of DB simulator for mindless fun which I miss and Xenoverse is not it.
At that point, might as well make Raging Blast 3 lol

I don't really trust Spike Chunsoft to make a fun game anymore though, Jump Force was just a cash grab and I hated the realistic look.
Matches Malone wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:22 am
Bardock God of Time wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:26 pm Possible game announcement at this Dragon Ball game event? Dragon Ball Games Battle Hour on March 6th

March is definitely a possible date, as that will give them a 9-10 month period for marketing before its potential early 2022 release date.
Only problem I have with this is that Kakarot's 3rd DLC has yet to come out. Would a DBXV3 or another Dragon Ball game announcement overshadow Kakarot's DLC? I worry that we'll just see a Nintendo Switch port to fulfill the yearly requirement :/

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:34 pm

Bardock God of Time wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:32 pmOnly problem I have with this is that Kakarot's 3rd DLC has yet to come out. Would a DBXV3 or another Dragon Ball game announcement overshadow Kakarot's DLC? I worry that we'll just see a Nintendo Switch port to fulfill the yearly requirement :/
They continued releasing DLC for XV2 despite FighterZ being announced, and continued releasing DLC for both despite Kakarot being announced. Of course a new game will get more attention than a DLC, but I don't think it will result in lost sales.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:43 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:34 pm
Bardock God of Time wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:32 pmOnly problem I have with this is that Kakarot's 3rd DLC has yet to come out. Would a DBXV3 or another Dragon Ball game announcement overshadow Kakarot's DLC? I worry that we'll just see a Nintendo Switch port to fulfill the yearly requirement :/
They continued releasing DLC for XV2 despite FighterZ being announced, and continued releasing DLC for both despite Kakarot being announced. Of course a new game will get more attention than a DLC, but I don't think it will result in lost sales.
Yeah, I suppose Dragon Ball sells at the end of the day . :think:

Something else I was wondering though is if they would announce Xenoverse 3 before Xenoverse 2's Pikkon DLC comes out in the spring. Surely, that might stop people from buying that DLC? All DLC characters would probably just be available in Xenoverse 3. Or does it not matter because the characters could've just been easily ported over from Xenoverse 3's development and it's just a small risk for sales?

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:09 pm

Bardock God of Time wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:32 pm
At that point, might as well make Raging Blast 3 lol

I don't really trust Spike Chunsoft to make a fun game anymore though, Jump Force was just a cash grab and I hated the realistic look.
Yeah, I haven't even bothered with Jump Force at all as the art style put me off since the first trailer and I am not much fan of crossovers, except for MK and Injustice with some extra characters.

But even tough the animations are a bit stiff in the Sparking series by today's standards, the games were fun.
On the other hand, look what Dimps did after the awesome Budokai series... Xenoverse.
The first game was fun for what it was, but XV2 really pisses me off gameplay-wise and looks outdated since release.
Budokai was simple fun and Xenoverse falls flat, when they tried to incorporate more difficult combos in 3D plane and the hit boxes are atrocious. And stamina break is something nobody shall speak about loudly when around me :lol:

So I guess, it's hit or miss for both studios and people hated Spike mostly for rebooting the series on another generation with less content than the predecessors and even tough, Raging Blast 2 introduced new never before seen characters, the game was bare bones and Ultimate Tenkaichi I never even bothered with.

Yeah, I hated people on Bandai FB profile shouting in the posts under everything back in the day ''bring back Raging Blast 3 or Budokai Tenkaichi 4, urhh!'',
but actually, yeah, bring it to me :lol:

We finally got some faux experiment with XV, that got us CAC and limited way of customization, but in the end, it's still the same and the franchise is clearly not keen on bringing something really new or daring. FighterZ is finally a decent fighting game in the franchise, plays divine and it works. But outside of that heavily leaning on the classic except for Android 21.
I would love DBO being adapted more, but that will never happen for same reasons, why the cast has the same clothes for decades now and Trunks and Goten never grow up.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:32 pm

Bardock God of Time wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:43 pmSomething else I was wondering though is if they would announce Xenoverse 3 before Xenoverse 2's Pikkon DLC comes out in the spring. Surely, that might stop people from buying that DLC? All DLC characters would probably just be available in Xenoverse 3.
I think Pikkon is going to be part of a free update like the supreme Kai of time was.

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:10 pm

I think by April or May we should be getting leaks or rumors, hopefully. I just don't know at this point what they could come out with? Maybe a game focusing on a certain saga/special? Imagine a game focused on the trunks and Bardock specials in the style of DB sagas or kakarot(but actually done correctly) now THAT would be fun.
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:45 pm

budokaifanatic007 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:10 pm I think by April or May we should be getting leaks or rumors, hopefully. I just don't know at this point what they could come out with? Maybe a game focusing on a certain saga/special? Imagine a game focused on the trunks and Bardock specials in the style of DB sagas or kakarot(but actually done correctly) now THAT would be fun.
Besides potential ports of Kakarot for the Switch and Heroes: World Mission for Playstation & Xbox in 2021, I'm not sure if we'll even see a new game.

I'm sure most people in this thread know I want Xenoverse 3 but I would be fine with other Dragon Ball games.

A Dragon Ball game that focuses on Goku when he was a kid would be nice, I feel like that part of Dragon Ball gets benched too much in recent years.

I suppose I wouldn't mind if an older Dragon Ball game gets remastered like Budokai 1&3 did, speaking of your signature -a Quad Collection of Budokai 1-3 and Infinite World for Current and Next Gen would be sweet. And I also don't like Spike anymore but I wouldn't mind Budokai Tenkaichi 3 being remastered with online play (Since the Wii had it).

It's possible we could get a cheap game by Spike Chunsoft that focuses solely on Super (but with a few Z villains like Cell or Kid Buu) and yes I don't like Spike Chunsoft but I would still end up buying it like the fool I am. Hopefully they don't pass on making a Storymode like they did with Raging Blast 2 and also not just have it focus on one saga like they did with One Piece Burning Blood. I'm talking Beerus to Tournament of Power.

Can't think of what else they could do, doubt we'll see Fighterz 2 or Kakarot 2 anytime soon. Fusions 2 maybe? :think:

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:09 am

Actually, when you mentioned Heroes, that is one game I was bit bummed to not have on PS4...
I wanted to finally play the game after it being exclusive to Nintendo and the PC port gave me some hopes.
Sure, the graphics is outdated as it uses the same engine (sorry if using the wrong term) as Budokai series,
but the game is about cards and ton of characters which brings in some novelty and the substitutes for a card game they have in XV2 and Kakarot are really bud and unentertaining and also cash grabs as you need ton of points to get new cards and figurines from the gatcha system.

I don't believe that we will get Heroes on Sony console and it will stay as a last gen exclusive to Nintendo, as I don't think that it can be succesful on PS5 in the west and I have heard rumors, that Switch dominates the Japan market as Japanese shifted more to the portable gaming.
But that is actually something I would give a chance to, to spend hours of playing repetitive game but collect cards... What the mediocre Japanese games buy me on is my weakness of collecting and completing things. I have even played Star Wars Battlefront II so much, just to get all the PS trophies (but not the first one, as I think the Master Missions are unplayable).