2021 Dragonball Game predictions?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Re: 2021 Dragonball Game predictions?

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:05 pm

Psajdak wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:17 am Budokai 3 Remake. :(
I wouldn't mind that honestly. They would have to rebuild it from the ground up though, with some DB Super extras.
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:07 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:27 am
Why not Budokai 4 ? It can include what 3 did right and add to it. I doubt it'll happen due to FighterZ being the main 2-D fighter, but it'd be great though.
Well FighterZ is strictly 2D and Budokai was 2.5D so I think there's enough of a difference to fill in a space plus FightrerZ didn't have the DBZ story experience that Budokai 1-3 had.
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:12 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:27 am
Why not Budokai 4 ? It can include what 3 did right and add to it. I doubt it'll happen due to FighterZ being the main 2-D fighter, but it'd be great though.
Budokai and FighterZ are different types of fighters tho. Budokai is a 3D fighter like Tekken or Virtua Fighter.

Budokai 4 would be nice because Dimps was already close to perfecting the formula. Infinite World had the right idea but the timing and money wasn't there.

More unique playstyles, ease up on the hidden unlockables, change customization system (boost stats only, special moves and transformations should be integral to characters), and a fleshed-out tutorial that actually teaches guard canceling then we have another tourney worth DB fighting game.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:38 pm

Infinte World 2 could be fun. Finally getting a zenkai battle port or tenkaich 3 hd would be great for a spike send-off.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:18 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:38 pm Infinte World 2 could be fun. Finally getting a zenkai battle port or tenkaich 3 hd would be great for a spike send-off.
Spike definitely deserves a better send off than what they got with Ultimate Tenkaichi. They had the unfortunate luck of working on their ps3 era of games when the franchise was at its lowest point financially.

Kakkaroto735
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kakkaroto735 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:14 am

I would love a Dragon Ball game that is done like Kakarot but starts from the Pilaf Saga and ends at Piccolo Jr. The questing would make a better fit because Dragon Ball is more suited to it than Z is. Vehicles would make sense because other than Goku, no one has a form of transport by default. Having faster vehicles would actually help in the show because no one can fly until later arcs. We would have an incentive to upgrade cars, fighting robots would make sense (Why is Super Saiyan 3 Goku struggling against an RRA bot). We could have more side quests and explore parts of the series that have been neglected in the games.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:50 am

Kakkaroto735 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:14 amWhy is Super Saiyan 3 Goku struggling against an RRA bot.
He let his guard down.

Super Saiyan Zach

Post by Super Saiyan Zach » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:34 pm

I used to think XV3 would be announced around May 2021 and release in early 2022 for PS5, XSX/S & Switch, but now I'm starting to think that it won't be announced in 2021 (and would probably get released around the end of 2022). They're still releasing DLC for XV2, with Pikkon coming in Spring 2021. I figure that they would want a break between DLC and announcement of the next game.

I don't see any major DB game getting announced next year actually. Only game release I see happening is a Switch version of Kakarot.

Kakkaroto735
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kakkaroto735 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:12 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:50 am
Kakkaroto735 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:14 amWhy is Super Saiyan 3 Goku struggling against an RRA bot.
He let his guard down.
Still, we wouldn't need explanations if it was Kid Goku fighting the RRA Bot. It would make sense. Anyway, we need more love for Dragon Ball and GT. GT isn't the best but I think we should have it as an option. The last time we had a game that had any GT story content was 5 years ago (Not counting GT characters in other spinoffs, like Heroes or GT Goku in Fighterz /XV2). Similarly, we have had Kid Goku in most of the modern Dragon Ball games and maybe Roshi, but we never get an OG Dragon Ball story mode. Only 2 or 3 representatives from that part of the show.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:26 am

Kakkaroto735 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:12 pm Still, we wouldn't need explanations if it was Kid Goku fighting the RRA Bot.

We need more love for Dragon Ball and GT.
I was being sarcastic.

I completely agree. DB should get its own Kakarot style game while GT is what the DLC for this game should've been. That way things are left for Super to receive its own full game in the future.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:56 pm

Is anyone else wondering about the people working on DB's 2021 game? Dimps is busy and so is CC2 so that only leaves SPIKE, Arcsys, and a new studio Bandai decides to hire.

I'm praying so hard SPIKE has nothing to do with this new game. After the underwhelming "work" they did for MHA and OPM and that terrible Jump Force game I just don't think they can do it.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:47 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:56 pm Is anyone else wondering about the people working on DB's 2021 game? Dimps is busy and so is CC2 so that only leaves SPIKE, Arcsys, and a new studio Bandai decides to hire.

I'm praying so hard SPIKE has nothing to do with this new game. After the underwhelming "work" they did for MHA and OPM and that terrible Jump Force game I just don't think they can do it.
From what I gathered My Hero One’s Justice was developed by Byking and not spike even if the style is fairly similar. One Punch Man A Hero Nobody Knows is definitely a Spike Chunsoft arena fighter
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:34 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:56 pm Is anyone else wondering about the people working on DB's 2021 game? Dimps is busy and so is CC2 so that only leaves SPIKE, Arcsys, and a new studio Bandai decides to hire.
CC2 just put out Kakarot so they're not making it. Arcsys are expected to put out a 4th season for fighterZ so they're off the table too. That just leaves Dimps, as they haven't put out a main game since 2016's XenoVerese 2.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:03 pm

I think the reason why we haven't had XV3 yet because they are making the story 100X bigger than it was before. I hope they do more creative stuff with the story mode. I always wanted to have the main character pick what will happen to the main story and your character becomes more evil with the wrong choices. For example, you can have Kuririn kill Vegeta and that will lead up to a new series of events.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:31 pm

I expect a game that is more essential than hype, somewhat like Hyper Dimension and Super Dragon Ball Z, which didn't bloat the roster like Super Butoden and Budokai before them, and kept their vision down to different media, respectively the anime and the manga. They could try to make one that abridges the best of the movies and manga of Dragon Ball Super.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:41 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:03 pm I think the reason why we haven't had XV3 yet because they are making the story 100X bigger than it was before. I hope they do more creative stuff with the story mode. I always wanted to have the main character pick what will happen to the main story and your character becomes more evil with the wrong choices. For example, you can have Kuririn kill Vegeta and that will lead up to a new series of events.
A stroy that expansive while it could never be done would be great for example saying your playing as a saiyan and you let Kuririn kill Vegeta.

Now not only do you have to replace Vegeta on name do you

A. Try to father Trunks so he has enough power to survive long enough to warn about the Androids or

B. With Vegeta gone and you not pursing Bulma who comes back, future you, F. Gohan, human Trunks or no one at all.

Just once choice how big a create your own adventure game could be.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:50 pm

When do they usually announce DB games?

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:14 am

IntangibleFancy wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:50 pm When do they usually announce DB games?
It can be anytime from now until May, with a full presentation in June at E3...assuming there is an E3. I think Kakarot was announced in March or February, while XV2 was announced in May.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:33 am

With the pandemic I wouldn't expect anything soon.

The Kakarot was announced in January at the FighterZ World Tour Finals, then we got gameplay and name reveal at E3 I believe release in January.
FighterZ was announced at E3 and released in January.
Xenoverse 2 announced May and released in October.

With the current situation, which should extend itself at least until March maybe more, there's a pretty good chance of no Dragon Ball game in 2021.

My prediction is an announcement much later this year for a new game with release in 2022 and continued support for current active ones.
Potential ports for the new consoles for FighterZ and Kakarot at least.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:51 pm

LightBing wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:33 am With the current situation, which should extend itself at least until March maybe more, there's a pretty good chance of no Dragon Ball game in 2021.
I never found the source for this statement, but I heard Shueisha makes Bandai release a DB game every year or else they risk losing their license.