New Dragon Ball video game ideas

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Re: New Dragon Ball video game ideas

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:39 pm

So basically you want Burst Limit with better graphics, no Drama Pieces (they don't belong in regular matches) and CaCs.

Yeah, chances are Budokai 4 ain't happenin'. You'll just have to stick to mods.
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:44 am

Burst Limit still looks gorgeous, shame it only went up to Cell.

I think we'll get Xenoverse 3 with updated shading to the existing models, which would explain the last game getting characters to this day. If they can use the same models it's well worth the effort and Xenoverse 3 would launch with an insane amount of characters to play.

As for Story, I don't think they'll use the first games' plot again. It was too much reuse with XV2 already.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:10 am

What do you think of my idea for a game? BTW this would be its opening:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g7ATEO ... sp=sharing

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:37 am

Bardock God of Time wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:51 pm
FPSSJ4_Goku wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:58 am What if you could import your Time Patrollers from Xenoverse 2 into FighterZ with a code? They'd look exactly how they do in XV2, except with FighterZ's art style. Their ki color would be blue, and you can pick the attacks that they have. The alternate colors would be your seven presets. It'd be nice to play as ourselves in FighterZ.
It would be cool but with the way they make characters in Fighterz, it wouldn't work.

I could see it working if Dimps made a Budokai 4 or Burst Limit 2 - Character Creation in general for Budokai 4 would be a feature I want.
Why wouldn't it work out is FighterZ?

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:17 pm

FPSSJ4_Goku wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:37 am
Bardock God of Time wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:51 pm
FPSSJ4_Goku wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:58 am What if you could import your Time Patrollers from Xenoverse 2 into FighterZ with a code? They'd look exactly how they do in XV2, except with FighterZ's art style. Their ki color would be blue, and you can pick the attacks that they have. The alternate colors would be your seven presets. It'd be nice to play as ourselves in FighterZ.
It would be cool but with the way they make characters in Fighterz, it wouldn't work.

I could see it working if Dimps made a Budokai 4 or Burst Limit 2 - Character Creation in general for Budokai 4 would be a feature I want.
Why wouldn't it work out is FighterZ?
It wouldn't work because of how they make the character models. It would take them years to have a character creation system in Fighterz

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:17 pm

Budokai Tenkaichi HD Collection

First three games. BT3 definitely would have online.

Budokai 4

Same idea as Burst Limit but more focused and complete. Could potentially provide another competitively viable DB fighting game.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:05 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:17 pm Budokai Tenkaichi HD Collection

First three games. BT3 definitely would have online.

Budokai 4

Same idea as Burst Limit but more focused and complete. Could potentially provide another competitively viable DB fighting game.
They could port BT3 to modern consoles, specifically, the Wii version because they can go in and modify its online gameplay and make it not laggy as all hell. Better yet, combine the two and give them special features for each console.

Xbox One and Series X? Kinect support.

PS4 and PS5? It has the original PlayStation 2 controls and Dualshock 2s could be rereleased just for this game.

Nintendo Switch? Motion controls, touchscreen support and voice chat.

PC? You can connect any controller you want and play with it.

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:23 am

I'd buy a Sparking! collection day one. Tenkaichi 2's Story mode had so much stuff it blew my mind back in the day.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:27 am

FlpShimizu wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:23 am I'd buy a Sparking! collection day one. Tenkaichi 2's Story mode had so much stuff it blew my mind back in the day.
I never got the chance to play BT2 because I wasn't born when the games got released. I could get a BT2 ISO and play it with PCSX2 or Dolphin, but I always go for BT3 because it's the more popular one. What's BT2 like?

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:42 am

FPSSJ4_Goku wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:27 am
FlpShimizu wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:23 am I'd buy a Sparking! collection day one. Tenkaichi 2's Story mode had so much stuff it blew my mind back in the day.
I never got the chance to play BT2 because I wasn't born when the games got released. I could get a BT2 ISO and play it with PCSX2 or Dolphin, but I always go for BT3 because it's the more popular one. What's BT2 like?
Gameplay-wise, it's like BT3 but slower and less stuff. Although BT2 has things BT3 doesn't like super guard and guard cancels.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:50 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:42 am
FPSSJ4_Goku wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:27 am
Gameplay-wise, it's like BT3 but slower and less stuff. Although BT2 has things BT3 doesn't like super guard and guard cancels.
Cool, I might ask my parents to buy a PS2 or a Wii for me to play this game one day.

BootyCheeksJohnson
Beyond Newbie

Post by BootyCheeksJohnson » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:22 pm

My older brother suggested that the Dynasty Warriors guys develop a Dragon Ball game. Something in the vain of Hyrule Warriors or Persona 5 Strikers.
We need a Steve Simmons retranslation of the manga.

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:01 pm

I'd really like a Dragonball puzzle game in the vein of Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41h9qlG1J4o

you could use the Dragonball SD versions of the chracters and change a few things around and have a hit on your hands

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:47 am

There could maybe be a Hyper Dragon Ball Z-style game, with more characters and a story mode from Piccolo Jr. to Mira.

The story mode would be separated into series and arcs, and you could unlock outfits, techniques, and characters.

Here are all the arcs:

Pre-Dragon Ball
-----------------------------
Bardock arc
-----------------------------

Dragon Ball
----------------------------
Piccolo Jr. arc

Dragon Ball Z
Dead Zone arc
Saiyan arc
The World's Strongest arc
Freeza arc -> Lord Slug arc
Tree of Might arc
Cooler arc
Android arc
Cell arc
Super Android 13 arc
Broly arc
History of Trunks arc
Cell Games arc
Bojack arc
Buu arc
Broly - Second coming arc
Bio Broly arc
Super Buu arc, and if you get here, you unlock the:
Fusion Reborn arc
Kid Buu arc
Wrath of the Dragon arc
Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return arc
Dragon Ball Super
---------------------------
Battle of Gods arc
Ressurection F arc
Universe 6 arc
(Optional) Copy Vegeta arc
Goku Black arc
(Optional) Training arc with Krillin and Master Roshi
Zeno Expo arc
Tournament of Power arc
Broly arc
Super Dragon Ball Heroes arc
Moro arc
Granola arc
End of Z arc
--------------------------
Dragon Ball GT
--------------------------
Black Star Dragon Ball arc
Baby arc
Super 17 arc
Shadow Dragon arc
Goku Jr. arc
-------------------------
Dragon Ball Heroes
------------------------
Dragon Ball XENOVERSE arc
Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2 arc
Dragon Ball Online arc
Dragon Ball Fusions arc

Yea, it's long, I know.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:59 pm

I want a sequel to Dragon Ball Fusions, but on the Switch. With better graphics and English voice acting.

That and a game similar to Xenoverse, but you play as a Time Breaker instead of a Time Patroller. This could be offered as an option for Xenoverse 3, but I don't see that happening.

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:19 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:59 pm I want a sequel to Dragon Ball Fusions, but on the Switch. With better graphics and English voice acting.

That and a game similar to Xenoverse, but you play as a Time Breaker instead of a Time Patroller. This could be offered as an option for Xenoverse 3, but I don't see that happening.
That sounds like the most plausible thing here. Miitopia from the 3DS is getting ported to the Switch in May, so it wouldn't be I'mpossible for them to do the same for Dragon Ball Fusions. I personally think that the Butouden series should get a sequel because Extreme Butouden wasn't exactly...great. And this time, rather than using sprites, they could go back to 3D models. But what character model type would they use? The Budokai style? Refined Budokai (DBZ: B2, 3 and Infinite World)? Tenkaichi? Battle of Z? Heroes? Xenoverse? Kakarot? FighterZ?

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:29 am

A game with the Shonen Jump roster (like Jump Force) but gameplay like Dragon Ball FighterZ, and developed by Arc System Works.

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:59 am

Melee_Sovereign wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:29 am A game with the Shonen Jump roster (like Jump Force) but gameplay like Dragon Ball FighterZ, and developed by Arc System Works.
Do you mean "characters from Shonen Jump" or the "roster size from Shonen Jump"? If you're going with the latter, then it wouldn't really be a Dragon Ball game.

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:52 pm

Characters from Shonen Jump.

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:42 pm

I'd love to have Budokai 3/Infinite World (plus open world) cartoon style game with roster of the SDBH (and its models).
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.