Kūsō Kagaku Sekai Gulliver Boy (mechanical design 1995?)

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kevasbsh

Kūsō Kagaku Sekai Gulliver Boy (mechanical design 1995?)

Post by Kevasbsh » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:04 pm

Source from Daizenshuu 5 : ”. For mecha, speaking based on having previously designed a plane called the “Lady Bee” for “Gulliver Boy”, when I actually saw it in three dimensions, I felt it’s possible to design it so it works very logically: “you can get in here, and this part lights up”.

After some research I found this Japanese promotional art which I believe presents Toriyama's designs for Gulliver Boy, a japanese turned-base RPG.

Google translations odd but still got Toriyama's name :

"The original is Oji Hiroi from the "Tengai Series". Furthermore, in the original character design, "Toyoo Kaeda of Genie Eidoden Wataru. Also, that Akira Toriyama participated in the special mechanical design. That is. All 500,000 readers are the original authors and staff. This history's wealthiest police swashbuckler Caliber Boy is finally coming to Saturn. Spenjarkain Toriyama".
https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/20 ... 2998-2.jpg

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/20 ... 3747-2.jpg

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Kūsō Kagaku Sekai Gulliver Boy (mechanical design 1995?)

Post by tinlunlau » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:34 am

From my limited knowledge of Japanese, I see the words "special mecha design: akira toriyama".
The world is your's.

Kevasbsh

Post by Kevasbsh » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:46 pm

Had the chance to talk with one of the developer's and he confirms Toriyama's involvement

Kevasbsh

Post by Kevasbsh » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:50 pm

Also found this in better quality