DBGT Final Bout 2 on PSP

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Aren Mek

DBGT Final Bout 2 on PSP

Post by Aren Mek » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:27 pm

Hi guys, over the past few years I have decided to remake the game Dragon Ball evolution for PSP, since I didn't like very much the original version, and this is the result :).

https://youtu.be/zyxH34C8OEU

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: DBGT Final Bout 2 on PSP

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:45 pm

This looks cool.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:51 am

That looked way better than I expected. Good work!

Do have to say some stages work better as backgrounds than others but all in all a very impressive project.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:30 am

Aren Mek wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:27 pm Hi guys, over the past few years I have decided to remake the game Dragon Ball evolution for PSP, since I didn't like very much the original version, and this is the result :).

Very impressive. Didn't expect it to look so good. Can't wait for you to release it.

One question though: Why did you pick Evolution over Shin Budokai? Does Evolution offer more or did want to achieve more 3D look like original Final Bout had? I think Shin Budokai has more characters to replace + ability to transform, so you could perhaps include some other characters.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:54 pm

Nice. :thumbup: The sprites and music alone make this better than the DBE game itself.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:24 pm

This is fantastic, man. Adult GT Goku looks great.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:54 pm

Aren Mek wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:27 pm Hi guys, over the past few years I have decided to remake the game Dragon Ball evolution for PSP, since I didn't like very much the original version, and this is the result :).

Looks cool. And the Final Bout music is making me nostalgic making me remember my early teens. But I wish you could've picked nicer 2-d art! Just a question; would you be able to make Rild playable, or have you made him playable anywhere?

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:43 pm

The background stages are a bit strange. And Trunks looks... I think you need to fix his shorts. And that gun. Other than that - great!

I have a question... Did you extracted models from Budokai 3/Heroes? I'm playing around with Earth Special Forces and I could use some knowledge about exporting models, if you're willing to share your wisdom that is.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.