Dragon Ball Games Battle Hour - What is your Dragon Ball Game Moment?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Dragon Ball Games Battle Hour - What is your Dragon Ball Game Moment?

Post by Bardock God of Time » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:41 pm

In anticipation of Dragon Ball Games Battle Hour on Saturday: March 6th, 2021 - Bandai Namco and the Dragon Ball Games Battle Hour twitter: https://twitter.com/db_eventpj has asked Dragon Ball fans what is their favorite moment from any Dragon Ball game.

The hashtag being #DBGameMoment

Some examples from their website: https://dbgbh.bn-ent.net/en/ and their Twitter:
When 10,000 submissions are reached on twitter, there will be In-Game rewards in: FighterZ, Xenoverse 2, Dokkan Battle and Legends:
I wanted to make this topic to hear from everyone, what is their favorite Dragon Ball Game moment, whether it's something that happened in game or something related to the game (Pre-Order Line at Gamestop or getting your game in the mail).

My favorite moment was when I pre-ordered Dragon Ball Burst Limit from Gamestop and got this white T-Shirt that had Cell and Goku on it. It was like a poster for a pay-per-view match. I wore that shirt all the time as a kid until it ripped.

My favorite in-game moment was in Battle of Z when we got to see Beerus in a Dragon Ball game for the first time, even though the game wasn't the best, I loved that moment. "I'll destroy everything" Beerus says after his pudding spilled, gave me chills and it showcased Beerus' chaotic nature well.

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Games Battle Hour - What is your Dragon Ball Game Moment?

Post by FlpShimizu » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:12 am

I only managed to get a PS2 by 2004. The first DB game I played on the system was Budokai 3.

You can imagine what a 11 year old felt when he saw a beam struggle between SSJ Goku's (They transformed in game!) Kamehameha and Raditz's Double Sunday. This coming from Final Bout the day before.

It was just fucking magical.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Games Battle Hour - What is your Dragon Ball Game Moment?

Post by Bardock God of Time » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:01 pm

FlpShimizu wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:12 am I only managed to get a PS2 by 2004. The first DB game I played on the system was Budokai 3.

You can imagine what a 11 year old felt when he saw a beam struggle between SSJ Goku's (They transformed in game!) Kamehameha and Raditz's Double Sunday. This coming from Final Bout the day before.

It was just fucking magical.
Beam Struggles were pretty awesome back then, still are, but I think I went through a few controllers because I broke them spinning the analog sticks too fast.

Though I think it was better on the hand then having to mash all four buttons at once like some Dragon Ball games required you to do - I think Raging Blast made you do that and Burst Limit.