Most Wanted FighterZ Character

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

baconisbacc

Re: Most Wanted FighterZ Character

Post by baconisbacc » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:22 am

I really want Mr. Satan. Not only because I love joke characters in fighting games, but also because he would bring a lot of cool stuff to the table.
First of all he has such hilarious moves like the Dynamite Punch, or the Chocolate Bomb
And Secondly he would be a Ginyu-esque character, but instead of the Ginyu force, he calls upon Fighters from the Tenkaichi Budokai. Nam could be one of his attacks, where he would drop in from the sky with a Cross-Arm Dive, or Punta would just be a slow but massive Hitbox, hell we could even have a Jackie Chun cameo, I just want to see more unique fighters like this being represented.

Or Farmer with a Shotgun, that works too.
"YOU SAY I'M ARROGANT, I SAY DAMN RIGHT. THAT'S PRIDE. PRIDE IN THE SAIYAN I AM."
Tenkaichi Tag Team Pro

Ardent Aigis Simp

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:54 pm

It'll never happen, but Purple of the Red Ribbon army with his "family" would be amazing. Hell I just smile thinking about him doing the tatami mat flip as his reflect.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:33 pm

Kodoshin wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:54 pm It'll never happen, but Purple of the Red Ribbon army with his "family" would be amazing. Hell I just smile thinking about him doing the tatami mat flip as his reflect.
Was Murasaki renamed to Purple somewhere?

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:38 pm

Yuji wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:33 pm
Kodoshin wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:54 pm It'll never happen, but Purple of the Red Ribbon army with his "family" would be amazing. Hell I just smile thinking about him doing the tatami mat flip as his reflect.
Was Murasaki renamed to Purple somewhere?
Ah yes that's it. I'm probably losing my mind remembering him as Sgt. Major Purple. Ignore me.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:22 pm

Pikkon would be very fun with his tornado attacks and fire.

And Hercule with his jet pack and trick attacks is a stable in Dragon Ball games.

Aside from that? I think they could probably get Dabura, Super Buu, Raditz, and movie characters would be great.

Yo'Goodfella
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Yo'Goodfella » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:26 pm

My absolute wildest dream, as likely as pigs flying, would be Rozie, I'd imagine her as a technical rushdown character with setplay elements due to her ability to control ki-blasts and really high combo and sauce potential due to her signature style being multi-hitting. She would have fun animations as well!

A more realistic proposition would be Whis (or Vados? Maaaaybe if they stretch the movesets a little bit). FighterZ, despite having quite the number of super strong godly beings, doesn't REALLY have a Slayer/Rachel type character that is so powerful, they cannot really be defeated, but when they are knocked down, they just lunge on the ground and chill. Beerus comes the closest with this, with his lose quotes suggesting he's just gotten bored, but doesn't really express it in his animations. But Whis totally can. Instead of getting hit, he could simply pretend to, maybe only getting hurt for REALLY painful blows or massive beams. His attitude would suggest that, at least.

Then again, that same attitude could probably be applied to Arale...

Also Mr. Satan could work REALLY well if done properly... Ala Lowain from Granblue Fantasy, where while you CAN win as this cook against knights, captains, and legendary beings... It would only be a story he told at a bar with his friends. The guy never actually wins a fight. We can do that with Mr. Satan, as when he wins, it would only be a recreation told by the man to hype up his audience with his 2 teammates playing along. Then again, it could be more difficult to implement because of the 3v3 nature.
Pretty much a guy who has been really late on catching up with Dragonball and Fighterz.

I'm really not an expert on the matter, but I like to think.

In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by In Brightest Day » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:16 pm

Yo'Goodfella wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:26 pm My absolute wildest dream, as likely as pigs flying, would be Rozie, I'd imagine her as a technical rushdown character with setplay elements due to her ability to control ki-blasts and really high combo and sauce potential due to her signature style being multi-hitting. She would have fun animations as well!
Couldn’t Rozie just be an assist character for Ribrianne? I wouldn’t be completely surprised to see her in the game.

Yo'Goodfella
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Yo'Goodfella » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:13 pm

In Brightest Day wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:16 pm
Yo'Goodfella wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:26 pm My absolute wildest dream, as likely as pigs flying, would be Rozie, I'd imagine her as a technical rushdown character with setplay elements due to her ability to control ki-blasts and really high combo and sauce potential due to her signature style being multi-hitting. She would have fun animations as well!
Couldn’t Rozie just be an assist character for Ribrianne? I wouldn’t be completely surprised to see her in the game.
Right, I didn't specify "playable character". That would indeed be by far the most likely way she could ever get in. I wonder if she will even have lines of dialogue besides attacking ones this way. That is, if ArcSys is willing to invest all of these resources on a trio this late in the game's lifetime. If we even get new any new characters.

I also thought of a neat idea to introduce more characters without bloating the roster, but it would be quite a pain in the neck to implement. Assist characters would be a way to have lots of characters in there. However, it's only an idea as the core of the fight is now three fighters and if we add an assist to that it will be overkill. That assist idea really works only if the main characters don't do assists to begin with (Marvel Vs Capcom 1).

It just wouldn't be the same.
Pretty much a guy who has been really late on catching up with Dragonball and Fighterz.

I'm really not an expert on the matter, but I like to think.

flipcakes

Post by flipcakes » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:58 am

I would love it if they added Toppo, they could have some of his attacks be the other Pride Troopers in the same way they did Ginyu.

I unfortunately don't think they'd do this since they seem to only really focus on the anime for Super, but I'd totally love to see some more manga only characters. Like Moro, Saganbo, and Seven-Three.

But yeah just going down the list of characters I'd love to see:

Tao Pai Pai
General Blue
Piccolo Daimaō
More OG Dragon Ball characters in general
Oob
Ribrianne
Cabba
Frost

If they even are going to add any more characters, looking at my list I think Toppo would be the most likely. It's crazy to me that he's not in there yet.
夢中になれる モノが
いつか君を すげぇ奴にするんだ

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:49 am

I absolutely want Kaiōshin. It pains me that he's not even in Xenoverse yet either.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:12 pm

-Omega Shenron
-Nouva Shenron
-Toppo
-Tao Pai Pai
-Magetta? (maybe, i think he could be fun to play)
-RIBRIANNE (she already has plenty of game like moves, and i would love to annoy the crap out of players by beating them with her)
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:42 am

Dr Gero (#20)
Dabura
Chiaotzu
Super Buu
God Toppo
Zangya
Imperfect Cell

I'd love to see those - Gero especially is a must.

In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by In Brightest Day » Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:53 pm

Personally, I’d have the last couple of seasons look something like:

Season 4
- Raditz, Majuub, Mercenary Tao, Cabba, Omega Shenron, Toppo.

Season 5
- Pikkon, Ribrianne, Chi-Chi, Bergamo, Jaco, King Piccolo.

Season 6
- Pan (GT), Frost, Nam, Dabura, Yajirobe, Dyspo.

Unpopular opinion but I say leave the obvious Z favourites (Future Gohan, Super Buu, Majin Vegeta) and recent additions from Super (Moro, Merus, Granolah) for FighterZ 2 - you could base the entire marketing of the sequel around those six characters, especially if it’s release coincided with the return of the anime.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:21 pm

My choices are based on visuals and presentation rather than actual gameplay possibilities, which I don't care too much about.

- Jaco
- Mister Satan
- Ribriand
- Bergamo
- Magetta (though this would be possible only if other characters don't have insulting lines they can throw during fights).
- Tapion
- Chichi (23rd Tenkaichi Budokai)
- Cabba

Needless to say, the most recent additions from the anime must always be included, so whatever new heroes / bad guys there are in the 2022 movie, they have to be in Fighterz or Fighterz 2.
And even though I understand that they don't want to adapt manga-only characters (Moro, Granolah...) and they'd rather get inspired by actual animation, I'm pretty sure they would be able to adapt the manga panels into gameplay and animation amazingly well!
But it's possible they want to wait until the anime gets a chance to flesh out their moves and fights so that they don't miss opportunities going in first and have even more content to choose animations and moves from.