What A Tenkaichi HD Collection Should Have.

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Yokumi24

What A Tenkaichi HD Collection Should Have.

Post by Yokumi24 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:37 pm

For me a collection should contain the following:
- Updated graphics
Keep the original character artwork
- Tenkaichi 2 and 3
- Remixed tracks
- Bug fixes
- Online mode with a lobby system
- Increased game speed
- Improved Tutorial Mode for both games
- Concept Art or more content to unlock
I don't think adding Dragon Ball Super characters to Tenkaichi 3 would make the game any better I think just staying true to the original 161 characters is enough
Although it's very unlikely for this to happen because of various reasons I do think if it would do be released these features would definitely reignite interest in the ps2 titles beyond playing for nostalgia.

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: What A Tenkaichi HD Collection Should Have.

Post by Naruto6583 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:01 pm

Let’s not forget that if they did an hd collection chances are they’ll use music from tenkaichi 2, 3, tag team, raging blast and ultimate tenkaichi since tenkaichi 1 internationally recycled music from the budokai trilogy. And well given what happened with Yamamoto. Don’t think I’d be interested in a slap dash placement that plagued the budokai hd collection
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:38 am

I agree with most of these, with the exception being online for Tenkaichi 2, as I think that being included in 3 will be enough. It's a real shame these 2 are still Ps2/Wii exclusive, as they'd sell like crazy if released at the right price.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:54 am

Naruto6583 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:01 pm Let’s not forget that if they did an hd collection chances are they’ll use music from tenkaichi 2, 3, tag team, raging blast and ultimate tenkaichi since tenkaichi 1 internationally recycled music from the budokai trilogy. And well given what happened with Yamamoto. Don’t think I’d be interested in a slap dash placement that plagued the budokai hd collection
Only the American release had Budokai 3 music tracks. From what I can remember, the other releases of the game had the original anime OST instead.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:08 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:54 am
Naruto6583 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:01 pm Let’s not forget that if they did an hd collection chances are they’ll use music from tenkaichi 2, 3, tag team, raging blast and ultimate tenkaichi since tenkaichi 1 internationally recycled music from the budokai trilogy. And well given what happened with Yamamoto. Don’t think I’d be interested in a slap dash placement that plagued the budokai hd collection
Only the American release had Budokai 3 music tracks. From what I can remember, the other releases of the game had the original anime OST instead.
Oh that I was not aware of. Thanks for letting me know. On a side note if we got an hd collection would it be released in Japan? I don’t remember if the budokai hd collection was even released there
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:33 pm

If this ever happens BT2 and 3 would be the best options to include. I have some fond memories of BT1, but it doesn't hold up compared to its sequels.

I really love the english BT2 soundtrack, so wouldn't mind an option to have it in BT3 too. Tracks like Go Ahead, Fly High, Dark Half, Lost Courage, Mind Space, Open Wings, Jungle, and a bunch of others that I forget the names of sound epic.

Another thing I'd like is for characters in BT3 to get battle damaged easier. As it stands they have to lose a beam struggle or get hit by a particular ultimate for it to happen, meaning you don't see it very often. It would also be good if they let you see which costume you're choosing on the select screen, and maybe even start off battle damaged.

And they should fix the tournament mode so the CPU doesn't immediately fly themselves into a ringout.

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:16 pm

90sDBZ wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:33 pm If this ever happens BT2 and 3 would be the best options to include. I have some fond memories of BT1, but it doesn't hold up compared to its sequels.

I really love the english BT2 soundtrack, so wouldn't mind an option to have it in BT3 too. Tracks like Go Ahead, Fly High, Dark Half, Lost Courage, Mind Space, Open Wings, Jungle, and a bunch of others that I forget the names of sound epic.

Another thing I'd like is for characters in BT3 to get battle damaged easier. As it stands they have to lose a beam struggle or get hit by a particular ultimate for it to happen, meaning you don't see it very often. It would also be good if they let you see which costume you're choosing on the select screen, and maybe even start off battle damaged.

And they should fix the tournament mode so the CPU doesn't immediately fly themselves into a ringout.
I mean, I'd rather still have the whole trilogy even if one game is going to collect the most dust. But if we could only get 2 of the trilogy for reasons, losing the first one means nothing.

That said, what it SHOULD have and what it'd likely have are two different things.

If they didn't half-ass it, they'd remaster the game from the ground up. Keep the engine so the games play the same save for a few quality of life updates. Then take the time to update the models, update the lighting, update the animation, update the environments and their destructibility (how long, how fucking long has Bandai Namco been saying "full environmental destructibility" when what they actually mean is "you can destroy the top part of about five or six rocks/buildings on the map as well as cause a crater that disappears after 2 seconds), a better overworld, an ACTUAL overworld for 3, online leaderboards and multiplayer (that don't come at the cost of local play), and some extra bug fixes. At worst, it ought to look like Xenoverse or Ultimate Tenkaichi. At best, it ought to look like FighterZ.
It's by far not the best fighting game and it's not going to any tournaments anytime soon, but they're fun enough for what they are and having them in high-quality HD graphics with fully redone models, animation, and lighting would be a godly thing. As mentioned, if absolutely necessary, we'd only get 2 and 3, but preferably it'd be all 3 games. Maybe with Tenkaichi Tag Team as a bonus. Every non-Raging Blast "Tenkaichi" game except that one. You know, THAT one. It'd make for some great times and be a great nostalgic throwback to the late-2000s era of DBZ when the games were pretty much all the franchise had going for it.

What we'd ACTUALLY get is:
  • Tenkaichi 1 and 3, randomly leaving out 2 for reasons undefined
  • The games presented purely as they were on the PS2; nothing's improved
  • Brand new glitches as a result of rushed emulation
  • Original soundtracks replaced by Xenoverse music as well as brand new songs that sound as generic as Xenoverse's music
  • Badly upscaled screen-size to justify putting "HD" on the cover
  • No online play
  • Crap
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:35 am

Online multi-player. The lack of online support is what killed the Budokai HD Collection (aside from missing one of the three quintessential games) so Bamco can't make the same mistake with the Tenkaichi HD Collection.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:25 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:35 am Online multi-player. The lack of online support is what killed the Budokai HD Collection (aside from missing one of the three quintessential games) so Bamco can't make the same mistake with the Tenkaichi HD Collection.
It's hard to believe, but Budokai HD turns 9 years old later this year. I'd actually still be up for another Budokai Collection with Budokai 2 and Infinite World included too. Enable online play and I'd be very happy.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:38 am

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:25 am
DBZAOTA482 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:35 am Online multi-player. The lack of online support is what killed the Budokai HD Collection (aside from missing one of the three quintessential games) so Bamco can't make the same mistake with the Tenkaichi HD Collection.
It's hard to believe, but Budokai HD turns 9 years old later this year. I'd actually still be up for another Budokai Collection with Budokai 2 and Infinite World included too. Enable online play and I'd be very happy.
Agreed but add another road to it.

Budokai ultimate collection

Budokai 1
Budokai 2
Budokai 3
Infinte world
Shim budokai
another road

Tenkaichi ultimate collection

Tenkaichi 1
Tenkaichi 2
Tenkaichi 3
Tenkaichi tag team

UltraInstinctRorikon
Beyond Newbie

Post by UltraInstinctRorikon » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:13 am

We absolutely need Tenkaichi 3 on PC and modern consoles it's the best damn game ever.

-Maybe some texture work for higher res

Just deliver that and I'm fine honestly. Though even more honest they could just straight up port the game without online and i'd be happy, love that game to death. But yeah def should add online anyways would be awesome.
We the ones

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:00 pm

I get the impression that with Xenoverse 2, Bandai now sees the Tenkaichi games as “obsolete.”

Nosferatu93
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nosferatu93 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:00 pm

I would pay a lot for that. Everything after burst limit lacked imo. Xenoverse has awful graphics fir a gsme that is about an anime.

We have the hardware power and it still is bad. Bad developers but more like people buy everything no matter the quality. Why would they even try.

💁 we wait since ps 1 for good game with anime like graphics i thought ps4 would do it back then. But the cake was a lie.😅

Tenkaichi 3 with kakarot graphics a bit more refined fighting system and more destruction = perfection. 🥲

Its doable from a technical stand point but yea. Hoping is all thats left also for a good home release. I mean high five to the next 25 years☠️.
Hellsing