Do Legends and Xenoverse share the same models?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Do Legends and Xenoverse share the same models?

Post by IntangibleFancy » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:42 pm

Dimps works on both games so I assumed they share models, but Xenoverse's characters still look really bad. I thought it was just the shading, but the mods I looked at don't really fix the problem and now that I've started to compare the characters I'm getting the feeling that the shaders aren't the only issue with Xenoverse's visuals.

Is Legends putting more work into the models, or was I wrong about the whole sharing thing?
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Do Legends and Xenoverse share the same models?

Post by Thanos » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:26 am

IntangibleFancy wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:42 pm Dimps works on both games so I assumed they share models, but Xenoverse's characters still look really bad. I thought it was just the shading, but the mods I looked at don't really fix the problem and now that I've started to compare the characters I'm getting the feeling that the shaders aren't the only issue with Xenoverse's visuals.

Is Legends putting more work into the models, or was I wrong about the whole sharing thing?
It's interesting you use Vegeta as an example; I feel like he is the worst-looking character in Xenoverse. To me he literally looks nothing like how Vegeta should. What's with those ears, eyes and mouth?! He looked bad in Raging Blast also, so apparently making an HD model of Vegeta is hard, because he looked nearly perfect in the PS2 games.

He looks a bit better in Legends, but still pretty off-model.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Re: Do Legends and Xenoverse share the same models?

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:20 pm

Thanos wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:26 am He looks a bit better in Legends, but still pretty off-model.
Here's one of his Super units.

I'm starting to think they go in and modify base models so they match the arc the unit debuted in.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time