What the worst Dragon Ball game you played?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Re: What the worst Dragon Ball game you played?

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu May 27, 2021 6:40 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:29 pm The American DB games seem to be the major stinkers in the DB game library with LOG1, Sagas, Taiketsu, GT: Transformation, TCG, and DBZ for Kinect. LOG2&LOG3 are the only decent American DB games in my opinion.
Japanese in general make better video games than Americans.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu May 27, 2021 8:47 pm

Taiketsu, Ultimate Battle 22, Battle of Z, DBZ for Kinect. They were all terrible.
First Legacy of Goku was bad as well, but still one step above those mentioned imo.
super michael wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 7:37 pm Dragon Ball GT Final Bout
Final Bout isn't GT game. Only US release had GT in its name (which is funny considering GT wasn't even a thing in US back then). It had GT characters because it was being aired at that time. It was part of Butoden series that always focused on saga that was most recent. It still has more DBZ than GT characters technically with variety being on Z side as well.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Thu May 27, 2021 10:56 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:47 pm Taiketsu, Ultimate Battle 22, Battle of Z, DBZ for Kinect. They were all terrible.
First Legacy of Goku was bad as well, but still one step above those mentioned imo.
super michael wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 7:37 pm Dragon Ball GT Final Bout
Final Bout isn't GT game. Only US release had GT in its name (which is funny considering GT wasn't even a thing in US back then). It had GT characters because it was being aired at that time. It was part of Butoden series that always focused on saga that was most recent. It still has more DBZ than GT characters technically with variety being on Z side as well.
The funny thing is that GT didn't start getting released by FUNimation on TV and home video here until 2003, so the game had the branding a full six years before the series was even brought over.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Fri May 28, 2021 6:39 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:29 pm LOG2&LOG3 are the only decent American DB games in my opinion.
I could be wrong, but wasn't Shin Budokai made primarily for America? It came out there over a month ahead of Japan.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri May 28, 2021 4:35 pm

90sDBZ wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:39 am
Hellspawn28 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:29 pm LOG2&LOG3 are the only decent American DB games in my opinion.
I could be wrong, but wasn't Shin Budokai made primarily for America? It came out there over a month ahead of Japan.
The game was still made by Dimps and published by Bandai Namco. Atari had a deal to release their games first before Japan did.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Yo'Goodfella
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Yo'Goodfella » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:48 am

Thanos wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:47 pm Dragon Ball Z: Taiketsu is hilariously horrible. #18 butt rockets and all.
I have NO idea why going for 3-d like sprites or trying 3d in general when one's not capable of doing it right is so common. It just makes the game look... Like ass, I have no clear word to describe this. The only two games that managed to get it somewhat right that I've seen are Tekken Advance and Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance GBA.

And that's only the start of the problems.

Then again, I haven't played much of it. I borrowed it from a friend, played it for about 5 minutes and said "NO." Then borrowed Dragon Ball Advanced Adventure which is MILES better and one of my favorite games.

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:11 pm Do really badly made DB characters for MUGEN count?

Dragonball is infamous for that kind of nonsense in MUGEN... As well as having DBZ-like characters with all the projectiles and flashing on screen (Rare Akuma).

Personally, I only got some DB characters in a pack to fight against, alongside with the characters I downloaded individually, which are silly edits, mostly by The_None. All so I wouldn't have to face them all the time.

And boy, the DB characters I got were tiny sprites of Great Saiyaman, SSJ Trunks and LSSJ Broly which have insane amounts of health but hardly ever attack or animate. But BOY there was a particular stinker in Omega Shenron. His health was gigantic, it was a messed up 3d sprite and had the tendency to freeze on the ground and become invulnerable randomly when knocked down.

At least we got Hyper Dragon Ball Z.
Pretty much a guy who has been really late on catching up with Dragonball and Fighterz.

I'm really not an expert on the matter, but I like to think.

RashFaustinho

Post by RashFaustinho » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:40 am

Dragon Ball Z Sagas, Taiketsu, Legacy of Goku all take the upper spot.

Personally I really dislike Dragon Ball Legends (the Mobile game) even though it has a better quality than those games I mentioned.