Dragon Ball Online

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Dragon Ball Online

Post by Hulk10 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:27 pm

I find a lot of the distant future info in that game to be dubious. I'd heard that the info in the game was canon though.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Online

Post by Xeogran » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:06 am

I believe it's that not everything from DBO is canon (since it was closed and never fulfilled), but Toriyama and Toyotaro now take concepts from it to include in DBS like the Yardrats or Tenshinhan's Dojo for example.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:38 pm

Xeogran wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:06 am I believe it's that not everything from DBO is canon (since it was closed and never fulfilled), but Toriyama and Toyotaro now take concepts from it to include in DBS like the Yardrats or Tenshinhan's Dojo for example.
I believe that you may be right.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:05 pm

There's a topic with a lot of information about DBO. Also, in the same topic we have this quote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:16 amThe only sources we have are for him having to sign off on everything and that he spent 5 years contributing designs. There's absolutely nothing providing information one way or the other on what Toriyama's involvement was in regards to contributing ideas/writing for the game.