A sequel for FighterZ is coming?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZAOTA482
Banned

A sequel for FighterZ is coming?

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:51 pm

It's said ArcSystem is looking for a team to work on a fighting game for a "super famous battle manga" though it doesn't necessarily mean it's Dragon Ball. Naruto, One Piece, or Demon Slayer could that very manga but, on the other hand, FighterZ sold 6 million copies and Bamco usually follows up their series if they've shown to gather a profit.

Not only that there's still a lot they can do with the formula. Stuff like Rollback netcode and new characters are obvious inclusions but there's other stuff they can do:
  • Reduce the crazy tracking on Superdash and make it easier to punish
  • No autocorrect on whiff
  • Pushblock
  • Revamped movesets (characters like Tien are wasted opportunities)
  • New Story Mode
  • Reworked Arcade Mode with difficulty based on progression and the computer actually playing better rather than beefed up stats. Also mini-storylines for each character.
  • 1 vs. 1 Mode. Self-explanatory.
  • Challenge Mode. Engage in battles with different objectives to fulfill.
  • Survival Mode. Play as one character and fight an infinite amount of opponents till you are K.O.'d.
  • Gallery Mode. Play intros, outros, cutscenes, and music freely. Also you can look at artwork.
  • Alternate costumes (nothing crazy needed. Stuff like Goku w/ Kanjiless orange gi and Yamcha w/ short hair will do)
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: A sequel for FighterZ is coming?

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:17 am

We will probably see XV3 next year than a sequel to Fighterz.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

RashFaustinho

Post by RashFaustinho » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:22 am

In case there is a sequel, I can see all the improvements for the "competitive" FGC, but if they want to do a FighterZ 2, I beg that Arksys makes a DECENT single player experience, for the Dragon Ball fans who are not interested in competitive fighting.

Because the first game didn't have that. Its single player was one of the most boring Story Modes of the entire Dragon Ball videogame franchise.

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:04 am

No where does it say ArcSystem is working on it, a developer hasn't been confirmed yet.
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:20 pm

budokaifanatic007 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:04 am No where does it say ArcSystem is working on it, a developer hasn't been confirmed yet.
No, but sources say ArcSystem is working on a fighting game based on a "super famous battle manga that everyone knows" and no battle manga is more famous than Dragon Ball.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:20 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:20 pm
budokaifanatic007 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:04 am No where does it say ArcSystem is working on it, a developer hasn't been confirmed yet.
No, but sources say ArcSystem is working on a fighting game based on a "super famous battle manga that everyone knows" and no battle manga is more famous than Dragon Ball.
A bit too vague. Naruto , One Piece, FOTNS or YuYu would fit the bill.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:38 pm

Yuji wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:20 pm
Naruto and One Piece are debatable. FOTNS and YuYu are generally pretty niche outside Japan.
fadeddreams5 wrote:

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:40 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:38 pm

Naruto and One Piece are debatable. FOTNS and YuYu are generally pretty niche outside Japan.
ArcSys are a Japanese company, which tend to be a lot more... egocentric when it comes to such broad statements such as "a manga that everyone knows." What they probably meant was "a manga that everyone knows [in Japan]."

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:47 pm

Yuji wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:40 pm ArcSys are a Japanese company, which tend to be a lot more... egocentric when it comes to such broad statements such as "a manga that everyone knows." What they probably meant was "a manga that everyone knows [in Japan]."
If it's based on a battle manga, odds are ArcSystem aren't the ones calling the shots. Bamco for certain would know better than to alienate such a large portion of their potential consumers.
Last edited by DBZAOTA482 on Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fadeddreams5 wrote:

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:07 pm

Would they say "super famous battle manga" if it were a sequel to the one they already made? That sounds to me more like it'd be for something else. Like hey, DBZ worked out well for us, let's have a crack at Naruto.

A sequel to FighterZ would be cool, though it sounds like they're still working on supporting the original. It was quiet for a while, but they just announced a new patch.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:10 pm

Kataphrut wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:07 pm Would they say "super famous battle manga" if it were a sequel to the one they already made? That sounds to me more like it'd be for something else. Like hey, DBZ worked out well for us, let's have a crack at Naruto.
So you can make posts like this. They want to keep you guessing.
fadeddreams5 wrote:

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 am

Yuji wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:40 pm
DBZAOTA482 wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:38 pm

ArcSys are a Japanese company, which tend to be a lot more... egocentric when it comes to such broad statements such as "a manga that everyone knows." What they probably meant was "a manga that everyone knows [in Japan]."
It's better to be precise about whp those sources are. Could you please be?

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:14 am

I just released a video form:

https://youtu.be/Q2U_2ZW7xWw
fadeddreams5 wrote:

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:27 pm

"super famous battle manga"

Doesn't Japan have like dozens of dozens of these?
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:03 pm

I'm all for anime fighter crossover in the Fighterz. Seeing Naruto, Ichigo, Yusuke, and other anime characters in the game style would be so excellent. And if they do Fighterz 2 with rollback, I'm also for it.

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:33 pm

You think its likely we see a game announcement at TGS?
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

RichardKing2
Beyond Newbie

Post by RichardKing2 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:53 pm

Nope, I dont