Advanced Tenkaichi 2 in 2021

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZeroAnnihilated
Not-So-Newbie

Advanced Tenkaichi 2 in 2021

Post by ZeroAnnihilated » Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:19 am

It's been 15 years since this game's release. It makes me smile to see the Tenkaichi community still alive and well.

Just thought I'd bring some advanced Tenkaichi 2 entertainment from an old school player to show love and respect to the golden age of DBZ gaming. Every time I try to quit, this game has a way of pulling me back. Maybe one day, we'll see a new chapter in the Tenkaichi series. One we can continue to be proud of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvsmxdBF_tI

This is for all my fellow Tenkaichi fans. Now tell me why you love the series.
Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them.

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Re: Advanced Tenkaichi 2 in 2021

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:10 pm

Having completely skipped the Raging Blast games (never had PS360 if you can believe it), I was surprised to see how much the Xenoverse games made me miss the Tenkaichis even as they fixed a lot of my issues with them. They made the combos smoother and more visually connected, added the jump/backdash, let you reliably follow up the end of a melee string with nearly any special move, and so on, but in that refinement they were also more constricted, cutting back on the more literal "simulator" elements. Ascending and descending, the different air dash speeds, melee and long range modes being a distinct sets of actions, etc. A lot of them felt janky to me and I imagine most players didn't get a lot of them, but they are movement and I'm not surprised a few people figured out how to use it. Really those short rises, dashes, and falls to circle around the opponent is what most gets me going "Oh I could never do that" in your videos. That isn't to ignore the specifics like, again, teleporting out of every action (like the series), energy attacks requiring spacing, a heavy blow, or timing to a recklessly charging enemy to land (like the series), or melee strings being a moment-to-moment battle of remembering which combo enders you have already used so you do not use the same one twice and send the enemy flying before you don't mean to, etc.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada