Need Help buying a new Dragon Ball Game

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

hellomotto

Need Help buying a new Dragon Ball Game

Post by hellomotto » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:12 pm

H all,

To be honest the last Dragon Ball games that i consider to be any good/great are the Dragon Ball Budokai series and Tenkaichi 3. I haven't played any of the newer games, so I need help buying a new Dragon ball game, the two options are;

1. Dragon Ball Z Kakarot
or
2. Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2

I enjoy Dragon Ball lore, like replying the missions and what if missions, i really like the RPG with good fighting mechanics. So can someone help?

Jord
Advanced Regular

Re: Need Help buying a new Dragon Ball Game

Post by Jord » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:31 am

hellomotto wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:12 pm H all,

To be honest the last Dragon Ball games that i consider to be any good/great are the Dragon Ball Budokai series and Tenkaichi 3. I haven't played any of the newer games, so I need help buying a new Dragon ball game, the two options are;

1. Dragon Ball Z Kakarot
or
2. Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2

I enjoy Dragon Ball lore, like replying the missions and what if missions, i really like the RPG with good fighting mechanics. So can someone help?
They are very different games. Kakarot is an action-adventure game that retells the story of Z while Xenoverse is a fighting game with a (flimsy) what-oi scenario.