Dragon Ball: The Breakers (PS4/Switch/Xbox One/Steam)

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

EGonzo
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball: The Breakers (PS4/Switch/Xbox One/Steam)

Post by EGonzo » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:18 pm

Naruto6583 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:04 pm
Modern_Dingus wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:43 pm Honestly, I think a lot of people are harping on this game unfairly, saying Bandai has run out of ideas is a pretty extreme statement to make considering that 90% of all Dragon ball games are fighting games.

The graphics really aren't that awful, especially when compared to Xenoverse. I think this is just another example of every single thing ever; New is bad, old is good. I'm not saying Breakers is gonna be a solid 10/10 but good god, it's not even out yet, and people are literally comparing it to Final Bout.

Maybe there's a reason Dragon Ball has followed the same status quo for 30+ years, fans won't give anything a chance.
Wait? People are actually comparing this to final bout?
Yeah, which I find weird because I remembered liking that game

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:49 am

Graphics is not the problem, more so, how the world feels empty and patched together quite fast.
People were complaining about Kakarot maps being cheap and empty, but they actually look awesome and accurate to the DB world feeling.

But, as I remember, during the Beta, the producer said that they wanted to do the Beta early in development, so hopes up that they might change the maps for better and adress some gameplay issues or mechanics.
Have no idea when this is coming out.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:20 pm

They've run out of ideas.
Quite the opposite. We could have gotten yet another arena fighter that covers the entirety of Z, plus some GT and Super tacked.

Someone had to stand up and pitch an brand new way to play with Dragonball.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:59 pm

I was very disappointed when the game was first announced. It doesn't really look like it should be its own game, more like a mini-game inside of a much bigger one or a mobile game at most. Another thing that bothers me is how low budget it looks. I mean the game itself looks like a bad PS3 game, if I was actually interested in it I would be let down at how low quality the particle effects for the explosions and the energy beams are. A lot of the fun, for me as a raid boss, would be watching my blasts pepper the ground and destroy the map. Speaking of, the bosses are another problem I have with the game. From the looks of it the current lineup is Frieza, Cell, and Buu, it isn't really doing anything different from the previous arena fighter game like the players defending it are arguing. It has no reason to exclude Super characters like Zamasu or Black from the base game and no reason to keep other villains like Broly or Hirudegarn away.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Anonymous Friend

Post by Anonymous Friend » Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:48 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:59 pm I was very disappointed when the game was first announced. It doesn't really look like it should be its own game, more like a mini-game inside of a much bigger one or a mobile game at most. Another thing that bothers me is how low budget it looks. I mean the game itself looks like a bad PS3 game, if I was actually interested in it I would be let down at how low quality the particle effects for the explosions and the energy beams are. A lot of the fun, for me as a raid boss, would be watching my blasts pepper the ground and destroy the map. Speaking of, the bosses are another problem I have with the game. From the looks of it the current lineup is Frieza, Cell, and Buu, it isn't really doing anything different from the previous arena fighter game like the players defending it are arguing. It has no reason to exclude Super characters like Zamasu or Black from the base game and no reason to keep other villains like Broly or Hirudegarn away.
What does it matter how it is released or what it wuold be attached to if you still have to pay for it?

Bardock God of Time
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:52 pm

I saw on Twitter that Dimps have been developing this game for 3 years. :lol:

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:05 pm

Bardock God of Time wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:52 pm I saw on Twitter that Dimps have been developing this game for 3 years. :lol:
This has to be a sick joke :crazy: :|
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:20 am

People immediately latched onto the “3 years” bit and got upset. That tweet in question said “Including the conceptual period, Breakers has been in development for 3 years” However that would put Breakers conceptualization around 2018.What notable things did Dimps put out around 2018, that would cause them to start thinking about Breakers as an idea? SAO: Fatal Bullet and XV2 Crystal Raid Battle.

The dev team for Fatal bullet & Breakers is most likely the same since they play similarly & are both made by the same devs. Taking into account the reused graphical assets there’s probably a year and a half of actual dev time at most, if we factor in the COVID situation. No way it’s actually 3 straight years of only dev time.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:33 pm

On the dev time, you'd sure hope not considering how obviously this relies on XV2 assets.

I'm keen to try it but yeah I think I'm gonna fall off pretty fast for 1 reason. It seems almost entirely multilayer focused and the online in XV2 for me anyway has always been terrible. I have never played a good 1 on 1 fight without lag and poor hit detection.

I hope it will be improved due to the multilayer functioning well being vital to this games success.

Anonymous Friend

Post by Anonymous Friend » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:03 pm

budokaifanatic007 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:05 pm
Bardock God of Time wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:52 pm I saw on Twitter that Dimps have been developing this game for 3 years. :lol:
Why? Would you rather them just save time and keep pumping out the same ol , same ol retelling of Raditz to Kid Buu we've been getting for two decades. Or put some effort into a different twist on something Dragon Ball?

Plus there a bunch of mechanics and balancing that would have to done with something like this.
I'm keen to try it but yeah I think I'm gonna fall off pretty fast for 1 reason. It seems almost entirely multilayer focused and the online in XV2 for me anyway has always been terrible. I have never played a good 1 on 1 fight without lag and poor hit detection.
This genre is definitely multiplayer focused, as it is a PvP experience. It basically Hide and Seek. And I think the heroic powerups might allow you to fight back. It won't be so reliant on the twitch reactions of a fighting game, though.

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:59 am

Yeah, maybe they meant 3 months?

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:59 pm

You're underestimating the effort and time it takes to make a game nowadays.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:30 am

Anonymous Friend wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:03 pm
Why? Would you rather them just save time and keep pumping out the same ol , same ol retelling of Raditz to Kid Buu we've been getting for two decades. Or put some effort into a different twist on something Dragon Ball?

Plus there a bunch of mechanics and balancing that would have to done with something like this.
This genre is definitely multiplayer focused, as it is a PvP experience. It basically Hide and Seek. And I think the heroic powerups might allow you to fight back. It won't be so reliant on the twitch reactions of a fighting game, though.
No, I would rather just get retellings of Super. I'd definitely prefer a new Kakarot game centred around Super, instead of this glorified Xenoverse 2 mod.

This really has no business being its own game. Not only are many assets so clearly recycled from X2, but it could just be a special gameplay mode for that game.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:48 am

I'm just not interested in a game like this. But I also can't stand the fact that every PS/XBox game that's come out every year since the PS2 era, has basically been the same retelling of Z other than FighterZ, which isn't my cup of tea either.

I think that a retelling of Super would be perfectly fine. Or a brand new story (Xenoverse is an "original story," but you basically still replay through Z). But this... I just have no interest at all. Not going to say it's horrible, though.

But to me, this game looks incredibly boring.

Anonymous Friend

Post by Anonymous Friend » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:02 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:30 am
Anonymous Friend wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:03 pm

No, I would rather just get retellings of Super. I'd definitely prefer a new Kakarot game centred around Super, instead of this glorified Xenoverse 2 mod.

This really has no business being its own game. Not only are many assets so clearly recycled from X2, but it could just be a special gameplay mode for that game.
Does it really matter if it's a standalone release or new DLC mode? You'd have to pay for it either way.

Anonymous Friend

Post by Anonymous Friend » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:04 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:48 am I'm just not interested in a game like this. But I also can't stand the fact that every PS/XBox game that's come out every year since the PS2 era, has basically been the same retelling of Z other than FighterZ, which isn't my cup of tea either.

I think that a retelling of Super would be perfectly fine. Or a brand new story (Xenoverse is an "original story," but you basically still replay through Z). But this... I just have no interest at all. Not going to say it's horrible, though.

But to me, this game looks incredibly boring.
I've been looking for an assymetrical multiplayer game on consoles that weren't horror based for quite some time, and one that I can probably get some of my friends into. They might not be DB fans but it's some thing familiar enough, that they might try.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:48 pm

Watched the annoucement trailler and gosh! While the premise is interesting (being a human trying to survive unstoppable villains), why it looks so dumb? I mean is this really a PS2 game? Such outdated graphics! Not to mention that our main is another bland customizable char much like Ultimate Tenkaichi!

And why the hell Pilaf arc Bulma is there? For F's sake, I know that young Bulma is her more marketable version, but it doesn't make a f*ck sense for she to be there against Cell!

I could have more interest in this game if had actual good graphics, if it was in first person (which is much better from a terror perspective) and if the story was surrounded the Future Earth with villains that we should survive would be: Androids 17 and 18, Imperfect Cell and Goku Black on that order.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:45 pm

How well do you guys see this game doing?
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:05 pm

I think it's going to do well given it's obviously made on a budget. Cannot believe they aren't doing crossplay with this. Player count is so important for this type of game and that's a dealbreaker for me.

Seekeroftruth
Beyond Newbie

Post by Seekeroftruth » Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:36 am

This game is a complete and utter rip off of Friday 13th video game.