Dragon Ball: The Breakers (PS4/Switch/Xbox One/Steam)

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Re: Dragon Ball: The Breakers (PS4/Switch/Xbox One/Steam)

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Thu May 12, 2022 5:37 pm

Asin wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:54 pm
budokaifanatic007 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:28 pm On the 15th, it will be 6 months snice the first trailer and major info dropped for this game. What the hell happened to this game?
Yeah, I'm wondering about that too. They've been awfully quiet regarding Breakers. I get it ain't one of the major games, but damn, still no news?
If they are shooting for a 2022 release I think we would of heard something by now, the game Could be cancelled for all we know.
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Fri May 13, 2022 5:23 pm

budokaifanatic007 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 5:37 pm
budokaifanatic007 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:28 pm On the 15th, it will be 6 months snice the first trailer and major info dropped for this game. What the hell happened to this game?
Yeah, I'm wondering about that too. They've been awfully quiet regarding Breakers. I get it ain't one of the major games, but damn, still no news?
If they are shooting for a 2022 release I think we would of heard something by now, the game Could be cancelled for all we know.
That would warrant an official announcement. Plus, if creating this is as cheap as all of you say it is, why would they need to cancel it this far in development.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Sat May 14, 2022 4:21 pm

Anonymous Friend wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:23 pm
budokaifanatic007 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 5:37 pm

That would warrant an official announcement. Plus, if creating this is as cheap as all of you say it is, why would they need to cancel it this far in development.
Well they're doing a very poor job at marketing it, most of the hype has died.
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun May 15, 2022 11:52 am

In the current still-COVID-times when literally every game is delayed, why would you think they’d be out there making a big overwhelming stink about what’s already been explained as a fairly small-scale game?

There was already SO. MUCH. STUFF. datamined out of the small beta they ran, that it’s clear there’s a lot more still yet to come.

I continue to feel like everyone has absolutely unrealistic expectations about what the world of game development is like even in the best of times… which it still absolutely is not yet again. You think the game is “cancelled” just because it’s been a few months? So much weird rampant speculation and honestly entitlement issues going around! Gotta chill out my dudes and dudettes. Maybe it’ll be a disaster, sure, there’s always that possibility with anything, but there’s nooooothing indicating that right now.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Thu May 26, 2022 8:43 pm

UltraInstinctRorikon
Beyond Newbie

Post by UltraInstinctRorikon » Sat May 28, 2022 9:44 am

This game does not look fun to me. I can't see it being too popular.
We the ones

Bardock God of Time
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Sat May 28, 2022 4:05 pm

UltraInstinctRorikon wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 9:44 am This game does not look fun to me. I can't see it being too popular.
doesn't help that Dead by Daylight already exists

I can only see this game selling well if it's cheap and maybe comes with a Xenoverse 2 character. (Like Semi-Perfect Cell)

It could be popular if it was a free game maybe. It just seems like a game most people will just buy and play one time and then put it back on their shelf or uninstall

Maybe it'll sell well in Japan but I'm not sure about the rest of the world

UltraInstinctRorikon
Beyond Newbie

Post by UltraInstinctRorikon » Sat May 28, 2022 6:29 pm

Bardock God of Time wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 4:05 pm
UltraInstinctRorikon wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 9:44 am This game does not look fun to me. I can't see it being too popular.

I can only see this game selling well if it's cheap and maybe comes with a Xenoverse 2 character. (Like Semi-Perfect Cell)

It could be popular if it was a free game maybe. It just seems like a game most people will just buy and play one time and then put it back on their shelf or uninstall

Maybe it'll sell well in Japan but I'm not sure about the rest of the world
Yeah. Guess we'll see. I would've preferred a different take with the OG Dragon Ball cast. Honestly I'm not into PvP games.
We the ones

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue May 31, 2022 1:44 pm

This is probably our only major DB game for 2022. I will be surprise if we get something else this year or next year.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:21 pm

Bardock God of Time wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 4:05 pm
But what if I want an assymetrical multi without the horror elements?
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:08 am

I was wondering about that too as no new information , no tweets ect... its possible they saw the lack of interest and knee it'd be more niche than most dragonball games so will want to hype it just a few months before release to get maximum impact of hype but I was hoping for a bit more information.

Modern_Dingus

Post by Modern_Dingus » Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:46 pm

SSJmole wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:08 am I was wondering about that too as no new information , no tweets ect... its possible they saw the lack of interest and knee it'd be more niche than most dragonball games so will want to hype it just a few months before release to get maximum impact of hype but I was hoping for a bit more information.
A user on Twitter, Rechow ( @TheRechow ), recently datamined some info in XV2's latest update showing some stuff about starting the Breakers from within XV2? Not to mention that the Playtest versions are updated frequently. Here's a link to the source;

https://twitter.com/TheRechow/status/15 ... 4776128514
Are you a fan of Xenoverse 2? Want to help spread awareness of other races utility? Check this out!
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=46756

Bardock God of Time
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:58 pm

Breakers is showing up at Comic Con

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:03 pm

Modern_Dingus wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:46 pm
SSJmole wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:08 am I was wondering about that too as no new information , no tweets ect... its possible they saw the lack of interest and knee it'd be more niche than most dragonball games so will want to hype it just a few months before release to get maximum impact of hype but I was hoping for a bit more information.
A user on Twitter, Rechow ( @TheRechow ), recently datamined some info in XV2's latest update showing some stuff about starting the Breakers from within XV2? Not to mention that the Playtest versions are updated frequently. Here's a link to the source;

Definitely same engine, assets etc. so it might be doable. Would make sense if they try to sell it as a DLC in the end, as it might have a bigger chance that way + you can tie to to some in-game Xenoverse rewards, like new clothes, techniques, etc. to boost the interest.

But with that, XV2 would be a really weird mish-mash of a game now, like the stripped down version of Dragon Ball Heroes is already kinda weird... but I like that they changed the arcade tension bar into a button sequence. I would have love that in the home version of Heroes as well.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Modern_Dingus

Post by Modern_Dingus » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:06 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:03 pm
Modern_Dingus wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:46 pm

Definitely same engine, assets etc. so it might be doable. Would make sense if they try to sell it as a DLC in the end, as it might have a bigger chance that way + you can tie to to some in-game Xenoverse rewards, like new clothes, techniques, etc. to boost the interest.

But with that, XV2 would be a really weird mish-mash of a game now, like the stripped down version of Dragon Ball Heroes is already kinda weird... but I like that they changed the arcade tension bar into a button sequence. I would have love that in the home version of Heroes as well.
I've seen some speculation around about Breakers being thrown into XV2, but I see no basis for this. Just because both games share similarities isn't enough evidence for Breakers being cancelled. Especially considering that the Playtest branch is consistently being updated

It's most likely just some crossover event for the release of The Breakers. If we're lucky, it's some free thing that makes you get hyped for The Breakers, at worst, it's something you can access if you buy the Breakers.
Are you a fan of Xenoverse 2? Want to help spread awareness of other races utility? Check this out!
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=46756

Bardock God of Time
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:19 am

https://mobile.twitter.com/DBTB_EN/stat ... 1992888320

Release date trailer: October 14 2022

I'm gonna get the physical copy just for that Steelbook

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:19 pm

Nooooo, as a figure in the limited edition, you get statue of Cell's shell! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Really?!

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:54 pm

For a 2022 game the graphics are absolutely terrible. Looks a decade older than it is.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:36 pm

Xeno Goku Black wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:54 pm For a 2022 game the graphics are absolutely terrible. Looks a decade older than it is.
It's really sad that a DBZ mobile game can look better than DBZ console games

Honestly, some of the older DBZ console games have better graphics - I'd say Burst Limit still lives up

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:47 am

Bardock God of Time wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:36 pm
Xeno Goku Black wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:54 pm For a 2022 game the graphics are absolutely terrible. Looks a decade older than it is.
It's really sad that a DBZ mobile game can look better than DBZ console games

Honestly, some of the older DBZ console games have better graphics - I'd say Burst Limit still lives up
Ultimate Battle also looks quite good in contrast on how the game is.

If my trouble with this game was only graphics, it would be good actually. My problem is that the gameplay is quite symplistic, clunky and the world is barren and put together on extremely low budget.

Well actually, with the gameplay, if the game looked beautiful and had cool atmosphere to compensate for the rest.
Star Wars Squadrons looks cool and plays great, Friday 13th wasn’t top notch, but the atmosphere was cool.

This is basically low budget cash grab, as lot of Japanese franchise games are… look how much DLC XV2 gets, look at the amount of money from base game till now you paid for the content and the game is still broken and clunky.