Dragon Ball: The Breakers (PS4/Switch/Xbox One/Steam)

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeogran
I Live Here

Dragon Ball: The Breakers (PS4/Switch/Xbox One/Steam)

Post by Xeogran » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:20 am

Official Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8h3C2spt4E
Official Website News: https://en.dragon-ball-official.com/news/01_679.html

We're finally getting something, folks!
Last edited by Xeogran on Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:17 am, edited 5 times in total.

Saiya6Cit
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball 2022 Game

Post by Saiya6Cit » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:43 am

I see cell is like this meme:

Good, my favorite villain is Cell.

Thanks for the news.

I still expect they will come out with the DBGT Videogame, same as they did with kakarot, so at least the DBGT story can live there.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball: The Breakers (PS4/Switch/Xbox One/Steam)

Post by Bardock God of Time » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:22 am

Yoooo OG BULMA AND OOLONG

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:29 am

Nice to be able to play as Blooma! I'm looking forward to new what is likely to be a game with new Wakamoto Norio voice work, too!
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:39 am

This is so insanely out of left field and I love it. Though I wonder why it's Bulma, Oolong and then a bunch of generic nobodies.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:40 am

This is out of nowhere and a crazy twist for a Dragon Ball game! :crazy:

I don't know what to think about it... It's like Dead by Daylight with Dragon Ball shoved in. Kudos for doing something different I guess.

This will either bomb badly our be surprisingly fun, I don't see a middle ground.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:49 am

That new Dead by Daylight chapter looks weird...

Anyway, jokes aside, it doesn't look promising at all. But we'll have to see when actual gameplay comes out, maybe it'll be good. Right now, not hyped at all. Besides, if this is going to be like Evolve where monster has different forms (and it looks like that) then it limits villain to only few options. Most of DB villains do not have many evolutions. Aside from Z villains, i can only think about Baby having multiple forms, maybe someone like Broly if we count SSJ transformations. Or maybe this is going to be something more original and not every villain will follow the same route as Cell. I really hope it is.

Too soon to know. We'll just have to wait. Good to see OG DB characters playable though. That might be the most fun part of it.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:53 am

Kanassa wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:39 am This is so insanely out of left field and I love it. Though I wonder why it's Bulma, Oolong and then a bunch of generic nobodies.
The nobodies is weird, there are more than enough characters to fill out a starting roster of "civilians".
Since this is connected to Xenoverse and they talk about customization, maybe they are meant to represent the liberty to create your own character.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:00 am

I dunno, it looks like it's a PS2 or PS3 game.

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:15 am

I'm not gonna trash it before I play it but I hope this game is just a filler game to hold us over for a real game...hopefully.
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:24 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNhOkS3z5Ig

You can play as the 'Raider' or as the 'Survivors'
Survivors can use items, guns, vehicles and grappling hooks to survive
Raider can destroy the area to limit the space Survivors can go to
Cell, Frieza and Buu will be the launch Raiders
This is in the same universe as Xenoverse 2, in fact you can link your save data from Xenoverse 2 and the two games will eb working together for a good while
Closed Beta Test soon
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:27 am

Kanassa wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:24 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNhOkS3z5Ig

You can play as the 'Raider' or as the 'Survivors'
Survivors can use items, guns, vehicles and grappling hooks to survive
Raider can destroy the area to limit the space Survivors can go to
Cell, Frieza and Buu will be the launch Raiders
This is in the same universe as Xenoverse 2, in fact you can link your save data from Xenoverse 2 and the two games will eb working together for a good while
Closed Beta Test soon
Sounds like a fun game to play with friends. Dimps just posted a job ad for an action game so maybe this is a filler game to hold us over until the bigger game?
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:32 am

So left field :crazy: I did not expect this

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:44 am

100% unexpected. I mean it's also nothing I'd ever play, but it's a hilarious idea.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:30 pm

When I saw the trailer, I was a bit "meh" about it.

But after reading more info about it, I'm kinda interested.

Koitsukai is right about it looking like a game from 2 generations ago, though.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:56 pm

When I first saw it I thought it was part of the Xenoverse update, wasn't expecting a standalone game.

More interested in the lore than anything else. Will watch LPs, but I've never had interest in these types of games

In that Friday the 13th: The Game, there were situations where you can call the Police or this one guy to come fight Jason, I hope there is an option to summon Future Trunks or whomever to fight and kill off Cell, that could be fun to see.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:19 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:56 pm When I first saw it I thought it was part of the Xenoverse update, wasn't expecting a standalone game.

More interested in the lore than anything else. Will watch LPs, but I've never had interest in these types of games

In that Friday the 13th: The Game, there were situations where you can call the Police or this one guy to come fight Jason, I hope there is an option to summon Future Trunks or whomever to fight and kill off Cell, that could be fun to see.
Haven't played Friday The 13th game but i assume you talk about Tommy Jarvis. I've read that this game will allow you to temporary gain power of Z fighters or something like that. No idea if it's just power or actually transforming into someone like Goku.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:25 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:19 pm
FoolsGil wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:56 pm When I first saw it I thought it was part of the Xenoverse update, wasn't expecting a standalone game.

Haven't played Friday The 13th game but i assume you talk about Tommy Jarvis. I've read that this game will allow you to temporary gain power of Z fighters or something like that. No idea if it's just power or actually transforming into someone like Goku.
Yeah Tommy Jarvis. Gaining the powers to fight could be good. Oolong the Super Swine, I'd pay to see that.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:35 pm

The key art is cool but yeah I am definitely over the Xenoverse look.

However if you've playing dragon ball games for 25 plus years I'm down to try anything and I'm glad they are branching out as well.

The context here is pretty crazy though. So it's oolong and bulma from very early dragon ball coming into the z arc?

I worry about microtransactions here. Will be a bit less worried if it's free to play.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:43 pm

nato25 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:35 pm The key art is cool but yeah I am definitely over the Xenoverse look.

However if you've playing dragon ball games for 25 plus years I'm down to try anything and I'm glad they are branching out as well.

The context here is pretty crazy though. So it's oolong and bulma from very early dragon ball coming into the z arc?

I worry about microtransactions here. Will be a bit less worried if it's free to play.
It seems so, yes, there's a time machine at their disposal. I did get the feeling Cell was crashing Pilaf's party.