Dragon Ball: The Breakers (PS4/Switch/Xbox One/Steam)

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Dragon Ball: The Breakers (PS4/Switch/Xbox One/Steam)

Post by Anonymous Friend » Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:16 pm

Seekeroftruth wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:36 am This game is a complete and utter rip off of Friday 13th video game.
There's dozens of assymetrical multiplayer games out there. Me and some buddies have been looking for one that wasn't horror based for some time. I even gave Evolve a chance.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:55 pm

Are there any Game shows or events coming up? Maybe we can get some more gameplay and updates.
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:29 pm

After the discontinuation of Jump Force, I don’t see this game doing well, unless released at really low price or free to play with in game purchases… but would enjoy such game if done right.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:36 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:29 pm After the discontinuation of Jump Force, I don’t see this game doing well, unless released at really low price or free to play with in game purchases… but would enjoy such game if done right.
I can see it being priced around 20 Bucks max, anything over that it will flop for sure.
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:28 am

They announced right from the start that the game with have "accessible pricing" -- there's no reason to expect a "full" $60 price tag or anything like that on this game.

Several of the things folks have questioned and worried about multiple times in this thread have already been addressed in the various announcements over and over. Be sure to read up on things!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Vegerotto72

Post by Vegerotto72 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:12 am

sunsetshimmer wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:17 pm
Vegerotto72 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:17 pm the things I'm worried about are the new player experience and balancing, there's a reason dead by daylight has succeeded where last year, evolve, home sweet home, and f13 have failed.
Haven't played Evolve or Friday 13th, but DBD has a lot of balancing issues, starting with some killers being much stronger than others, ending on some perks being much stronger than others. That results in boredom at higher levels since people use the same few killers and the same few perks. Anyway, let's hope this game is well thought and one side isn't noticably stronger than the other (like Jason in Friday 13th from what i've heard).
sorry for the late reply, the reason dead by daylight succeeds is because a new player isn't going to realize how SWF/killer sided the game is until they've already dumped in ~100 hours and possibly already bought DLC. the same can't be said for games like f13 where anyone with more than 20 hours in the game will realize the easiest way to win is to kill Jason giving a new player who random rolled into a lobby filled with experienced players a bad experience. I've personally already given up hope on the breakers from both having played the playtest and from realizing bamco and dimps doesn't do crossplay. I'm hoping that either evil dead the game is good or that VHS breaks its 2-month long radio silence since dbd really needs competition

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:31 am

What is also tricky, that these type of games fail big because of reliance on online multiplayer and not even a good ones are safe. Star Wars Squadrons is really good dodgefight sim, but after more than half a year after release, pretty much dead. Now you just have barebones single player for 40 bucks.
I hear that Dead by daylight is pretty much praised, but Friday 13 is going somehow and Predator pretty much failed.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:53 pm

Still no news about the game? Gosh...that really worries me
I don't know if this is a stupid question, but is there any possibility of them changing up their minds and making the game free to play? I know they say since the beginning that it won't be free, but that is what worries me the most, it doesn't matter if the price is going to be accessible, if you make a not-so-high budget game with the focus being the online multiplayer, with in-game purchases, then you're asking for you game to flop, I really wish this doesn't happen with this game, I'll never be able to play it, but I really found it fun by watching the gameplays of the open beta.
I've also heard rumors that there's a chance of the game being canceled
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:31 pm

Rafa Fast wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:53 pm Still no news about the game? Gosh...that really worries me
I don't know if this is a stupid question, but is there any possibility of them changing up their minds and making the game free to play? I know they say since the beginning that it won't be free, but that is what worries me the most, it doesn't matter if the price is going to be accessible, if you make a not-so-high budget game with the focus being the online multiplayer, with in-game purchases, then you're asking for you game to flop, I really wish this doesn't happen with this game, I'll never be able to play it, but I really found it fun by watching the gameplays of the open beta.
It'd be a shame if the game was cancelled because that might make future Dragon Ball game developers be scared to try something new.

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:48 pm

Rafa Fast wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:53 pm Still no news about the game? Gosh...that really worries me
Free to play would of been the best move, certainly doesn't seem like this was big project although I'm still shocked it took 3 years :eh:

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:48 am

Bardock God of Time wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:31 pm It'd be a shame if the game was cancelled because that might make future Dragon Ball game developers be scared to try something new.
That's what I'm wishing for, Like, okay, No DB game should avoid have fighting, but you can easily make a different variety of genres with that element, I wish they make another platform/beat 'em up game in the future, we had Advanced Adventure, Revenge of the King Piccolo, and then...???
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:51 am

budokaifanatic007 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:48 pm Free to play would of been the best move, certainly doesn't seem like this was big project although I'm still shocked it took 3 years :eh:
Wait what???? Now that's new for me! Where I can check out that information??? Shouldn't dragon ball games have a development time slot of 2 years?

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:35 am

Rafa Fast wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:51 am
budokaifanatic007 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:48 pm Free to play would of been the best move, certainly doesn't seem like this was big project although I'm still shocked it took 3 years :eh:
Wait what???? Now that's new for me! Where I can check out that information??? Shouldn't dragon ball games have a development time slot of 2 years?
"Jenni Lada: When did work begin on Dragon Ball: The Breakers?

Ryosuke Hara: Including the conceptual period, I would say that the game has been in development for around 3 years."
https://www.siliconera.com/interview-no ... he-moment/

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:48 am

Rafa Fast wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:51 am Shouldn't dragon ball games have a development time slot of 2 years?
Well the recent two years haven't been very kind to mankind, almost everyone's schedules were affected in one way or another.

Anonymous Friend

Post by Anonymous Friend » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:04 pm

budokaifanatic007 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:48 pm
Free to play would of been the best move, certainly doesn't seem like this was big project although I'm still shocked it took 3 years :eh:
Free to play means characters/skins for MTX and a grind to unlock the ones through progression.

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:25 pm

Anonymous Friend wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:04 pm
Free to play means characters/skins for MTX and a grind to unlock the ones through progression.
What’s MTX?

Anonymous Friend

Post by Anonymous Friend » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:54 pm

budokaifanatic007 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:25 pm
Anonymous Friend wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:04 pm
What’s MTX?
Microtransaction.

Shorty GZ2
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shorty GZ2 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:21 pm

This game fell off fr

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Wed May 04, 2022 10:28 pm

On the 15th, it will be 6 months snice the first trailer and major info dropped for this game. What the hell happened to this game?

Asin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Asin » Wed May 11, 2022 11:54 pm

budokaifanatic007 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:28 pm On the 15th, it will be 6 months snice the first trailer and major info dropped for this game. What the hell happened to this game?
Yeah, I'm wondering about that too. They've been awfully quiet regarding Breakers. I get it ain't one of the major games, but damn, still no news?