HD collection for PS4 and PS5

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

budokaifanatic007
Regular

HD collection for PS4 and PS5

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:25 am

Could you see BN releasing an HD collection of the PS2 games for last and current gen? I guess the Tenkaichi games wouldn't be included because apparently they don't have the source code?(I'm not even sure this is true). I would love to see Budokai 2 and 3 in 60fps.
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: HD collection for PS4 and PS5

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:02 pm

I think instead of breakers that should have been the move it could also gauge interest in a 4th game.

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:50 pm

ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:02 pm I think instead of breakers that should have been the move it could also gauge interest in a 4th game.
Yea honestly, Some fans were asking Daisuke Uchiyama for a remake of Z2(Japanese version of Budokai 2) in the game producer challenge YT live chat. At this point with the release of Breakers, anything is possible in my opinion but it does seem like Bandai neglects the Tenkaichi series.
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:14 pm

Since Budokai is turning 20 this year, they should do another HD Collection only this time include Budokai 2. Heck maybe even all the Budokai games.

They should also include the full movelist feature for Budokai 3.

Bamco is also pushing for the games to be more competitive so I can see them teaching players about guard cancels and other obscure advanced stuff.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:16 pm

budokaifanatic007 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:25 am Could you see BN releasing an HD collection of the PS2 games for last and current gen? I guess the Tenkaichi games wouldn't be included because apparently they don't have the source code?(I'm not even sure this is true). I would love to see Budokai 2 and 3 in 60fps.
B2 and B3 were always in 60fps.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:09 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:14 pm Since Budokai is turning 20 this year, they should do another HD Collection only this time include Budokai 2. Heck maybe even all the Budokai games.

They should also include the full movelist feature for Budokai 3.

Bamco is also pushing for the games to be more competitive so I can see them teaching players about guard cancels and other obscure advanced stuff.
I love that idea and I think it has more of a chance of happening than a Tenkaichi HD collection. I don't see them mention the series that often and the fact that they have been playing the Budokai games at the Battle hour gives me hope, lets see!

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:34 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:16 pm
budokaifanatic007 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:25 am Could you see BN releasing an HD collection of the PS2 games for last and current gen? I guess the Tenkaichi games wouldn't be included because apparently they don't have the source code?(I'm not even sure this is true). I would love to see Budokai 2 and 3 in 60fps.
Really? on the PS2?

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:04 pm

budokaifanatic007 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:34 pm
Really? on the PS2?
Yes
fadeddreams5 wrote:

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:01 pm

On another note the reasoning behind Budokai 2 being omitted is so stupid https://www.vg247.com/dragon-ball-z-bud ... is-missing. I always like Budokai 2's story mode, Infinite World's story mode had a similar aspect.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:46 am

budokaifanatic007 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:01 pm On another note the reasoning behind Budokai 2 being omitted is so stupid https://www.vg247.com/dragon-ball-z-bud ... is-missing. I always like Budokai 2's story mode, Infinite World's story mode had a similar aspect.
That has to be PR bs.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:26 pm

budokaifanatic007 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:34 pm
Really? on the PS2?
More PS2 games were 60FPS than the following generations.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue May 31, 2022 1:50 pm

It still surrpises me that Namco Bandai didn't make any of the early 2010 DB games backwards compatible for the Xbox One. They already have the Budokai HD release for the Xbox 360.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue May 31, 2022 3:09 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 1:50 pm It still surrpises me that Namco Bandai didn't make any of the early 2010 DB games backwards compatible for the Xbox One. They already have the Budokai HD release for the Xbox 360.
Little interest in the Xbox platform overall in Japan, combined with the fact that some of the earlier of those titles are entwined with Atari/Infogrames internationally, and I can see why they wouldn't bother.

(Additionally/related: none of those games are available digitally still, and there are only a small percentage of titles that Microsoft went through the effort of making backward compatible that weren't themselves either already available digitally or re-made-again digitally.)
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

gokugambitoptimus
Beyond Newbie

Post by gokugambitoptimus » Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:50 am

Do you think could be possible to release a remastered Budokai Tenkaichi 3 but with new things like multiplayer online and the new characters and transformations from Super/Heroes/Legends/etc ?

Even they could earn some extra money if they use the DLC way to introduce some updates for the game based in new films or whatever new for the franchise in the future

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:03 pm

gokugambitoptimus wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:50 am Do you think could be possible to release a remastered Budokai Tenkaichi 3 but with new things like multiplayer online and the new characters and transformations from Super/Heroes/Legends/etc ?

Even they could earn some extra money if they use the DLC way to introduce some updates for the game based in new films or whatever new for the franchise in the future
Extra functioanlity is extra work and extra costs. Then all those things need to be tested. Even more extra work and extra money.

Then you have to ask: How many units will this sell, when there much, much, newer looking and very similar playing products out there?

You're best hope if for someone to upload this to Fightcade.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

gokugambitoptimus
Beyond Newbie

Post by gokugambitoptimus » Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:38 pm

Anonymous Friend wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:03 pm Extra functioanlity is extra work and extra costs. Then all those things need to be tested. Even more extra work and extra money.

Then you have to ask: How many units will this sell, when there much, much, newer looking and very similar playing products out there?

Well, Bandai Namco has a lot of experience with fighting games and a lot of that fighting games have online multiplayer, so I don't think the tests for the new things would be a problem

If they think Dragon Ball: The Breakers, a Dragon Ball game with mechanics that nobodoy asked, is a good idea to be released, I don't see why a remaster with updates (in a era with a lot of remasters) of a beloved game could be a problem. And like I said, the DLC would help to earn more money

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:57 pm

If we ever got an HD remaster of BT3, I wouldn’t want them to add any new content, outside of having an online mode that isn’t completely laggy. Just keep the game as is, but with updated presentation.

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:06 pm

gokugambitoptimus wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:38 pm
Anonymous Friend wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:03 pm Extra functioanlity is extra work and extra costs. Then all those things need to be tested. Even more extra work and extra money.

Well, Bandai Namco has a lot of experience with fighting games and a lot of that fighting games have online multiplayer, so I don't think the tests for the new things would be a problem

If they think Dragon Ball: The Breakers, a Dragon Ball game with mechanics that nobodoy asked, is a good idea to be released, I don't see why a remaster with updates (in a era with a lot of remasters) of a beloved game could be a problem. And like I said, the DLC would help to earn more money
Re-releasing/Remasters have nothing to do with "experience". Especially since it never a core team that does them. They either use their c-squad or outsource things like that because the core/a-squad are doing other things. Everything comes down to money with these big corporations. Will spending this amount of money on the work and resources and printing discs/paying for server space and long term maintenance reap enough sales to warrant it. Heck, Street Fighter V wouldn't have been made if Sony din't pony up the money for it's development.

Breakers getting green lit means someone made a presentation and those making decissions thought it would make them money. This isn't the eighties where game development was so cheap basically everything was getting greenlit.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:12 pm

Super Dragon Ball Z needs to be re-released for current gen game consoles. I wanna play this again with an arcade stick badly!!!
The world is your's.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:39 am

They have to be releasing something in 2023, the question is will we get an HD Collection?

I personally want to see a Budokai HD collection that has 1, 2V, 3, Infinite World and Burst Limit

Hopefully it'll have better music replacements, some of the music choices in the story mode felt weird.

Most people I imagine would want a Budokai Tenkaichi collection, but Raging Blast 1&2 would be neat too.