The most underrated DB Games - Origins

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Krillin1994
Regular

The most underrated DB Games - Origins

Post by Krillin1994 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:05 pm

We all know the most popular and sometimes overrated/ or rated accurately games the DB franchise have spawned. But I rarely ever see any love for the most criminally underrated games DB has ever seen.

that is DB origins and Origins 2.

I think they were such a refreshing direction for the franchise that was just focusing on huge rosters at the time and super flashy spectacle (I love tenkaichi 3 and cutscene ultimates don't get me wrong), but I loved the collectible finding - what if scenarios, bridging of content. well paced breathing room of the games.

Hearing mystical adventure play when loading the first game was always great. Loved how the second game refined the formula, added an expanded roster of characters - Who'd have thought you'd have a game where Eighter, Arale and Bulma were there to play - Bulma never seems to be playable. Decent level of challenge with the difficulty (Mercenary Tao at Fortune Teller Baba's was fiendish yet so satisfying to clear)

It really bummed me out that they had the Demon King Piccolo tease, yet we ultimately never got Origins 3 to round out OG DB, and likely never will