Upcoming Fortnite x Dragon Ball Collaboration

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

obiwan23s
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Upcoming Fortnite x Dragon Ball Collaboration

Post by obiwan23s » Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:51 pm

I searched the forums and couldn't find another thread on this, so figured I'd start one. Recently data miners and leakers found a capsule item in the game that looks exactly like the capsules in DB and even has the Capsule Corporation logo on them. This has let to an assumption that a Dragon Ball collaboration is coming soon to Fortnite.

Currently reputable Fortnite leakers are saying that 4 skins will be coming to the in game shop in mid to late August. Currently the staff of Epic Games, the developer of Fortnite, is on their summer break due to return around 8 Aug 2022. The film Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero is set to make its North American debut on 19 Aug 2022. Recently Fortnite has made a habit of releasing crossover skins that coincide with the other property releasing new content. They do this frequently when a new Marvel film or Disney Plus series drops. So it would very much be in line with their release strategy to release the DB skins along with the new movie.

Goku and Vegeta are a given for 2 of the skins. Leakers are saying Beerus is another, with the 4th yet to be confirmed. Many think the 4th will be a female skin, but DB is one of the few properties where I dont think Epic needs to force a female skin in with the set. I think DB fans would rather have Gohan, Piccolo or Future Trunks as the 4th skin than Android 18, Bulma or Chi-Chi. I could easily see the 4th being Whis as well.

Fortnite recently released a second set of skins from Naruto, bringing the total skins in game from that series to 8. This would mean there is huge potential for more DB collab skins in the future.

Apparently from newly mined game data the Goku and Vegeta skins will have Super Saiyan transformation emotes and there will be in game quests and free rewards, possibly even Dragon Balls hidden on the map that when collected would summon Shenron.

Overall I am pretty pumped about this. I know a lot of people look down on Fortnite because a lot of children play it, but recently the game debuted a "Zero Build" game type where there is no building involved, just straight gunplay/combat. So if the building aspect of the game was something that turned you off about the game, maybe give Zero Build mode a try. I hated Fortnite at first but as I got better at it I learned to like it and now I have a lot of fun playing it. As for there being lots of children playing it...yes, there are some young kids playing but plenty of teens, young adults and even lame late-30s types like me playing it. You can definitely find a group to play with.

If anyone here wants to play during the DB collab, PM me and I'll give you my PSN ID.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Re: Upcoming Fortnite x Dragon Ball Collaboration

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:11 pm

Bulma makes slightly more sense as a skin then Gohan or Piccolo due to the type of game Fortnite is.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:48 pm

This might be the first time I ever buy in-game currency for a free-to-play game. They got me. :lol:

Smart marketing move to promote the new film through Fortnite. That'll definitely make some people aware that there's a movie coming out. I have a lot of friends who are casual fans of DB that have no clue that there's a new movie. A lot of people are out of the loop since there's really been no significant DB anime content for a few years.

DB coming to Fortnite is honestly more exciting than that new Breakers game.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:29 am

Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

obiwan23s
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by obiwan23s » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:15 pm

There was a screenshot going around Twitter that showed the 4 DB skins coming for Fortnite. It was Vegeta in Android Saga/Super style Saiyan armor, Goku in the Namek Saga gi, Bulma in her Namek Saga outfit and Beerus.

I'm ok with Bulma since they used that outfit, that's a classic and popular one. Bulma would be a good opportunity for multiple edit styles for other outfits she has. We'll see how they do it. All of the Naruto skins they released had 2 styles for every character.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:22 pm

Now we will have an official Goku vs Superman fight :D
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Majin Man 101
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Man 101 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:48 pm

I love other battles royales such as PUBG, and have sunk hundreds and hundreds of hours into them. Fortnite however has never been my favorite. Although, I am getting excited and will probably play quite a bit for this event. Who knows I may even buy a skin.

lipidking

Post by lipidking » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:47 pm

I'm calling that once these skins are out people are going to try remaking the scene of Goku and Bulma meeting for the first time. Only difference is that Goku isn't immune to live ammunition here.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:22 pm

People can finally have Goku vs. Superman ;)
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:31 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:29 am Officially announced.
This tweet is now the most liked tweet on the official Fortnite twitter account. Over 300,000 likes. :shock:

Wrigglything
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wrigglything » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:29 pm

I've never been one to care about Fortnite myself, but I can't being at least impressed that they can garner a strong response to the community. There's definetely something to be said about over saturating your game with licensed content, especially one with a notable child audience, on the other hand it would be amusing to have Goku, Spider Man and Morty being on the same level playing field.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:21 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:31 pm This tweet is now the most liked tweet on the official Fortnite twitter account. Over 300,000 likes. :shock:
That's Dragon Ball for ya. :P
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

DiloVortexx
Not-So-Newbie
Location: hehe dromaeosaurids,, (icon drawn by @/FeralWolf1234)

Post by DiloVortexx » Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:17 pm

now i usually dont give two flying fucks about fortnite but this.. this is an exception.. and the skins that leaked actually look super good what in the fuck

this makes me actually kinda wanna pick up the game so i can get the beerus skin bc 1. comfort character go brr 2. furry 3. because its dragon ball and they actually made quality content....
Dilo/Volt/Kareol/Zhadio -- Demiromantic pansexual demiboy (transmasc non-binary; goes by he/him, they/them, xe/xem/xyrs and raptorself pronouns!! to see more of my preferences regarding gender, sexuality and pronouns, click here!

dilo is pronounced dye - low, kareol is pronounced kah - rey - ohl (like bowl) and zhadio is pronounced zah - dee - ohh for those who may have trouble pronouncing my names! ^^")

autistic digital artist who likes drawing creatures and monsters and also they really like dragon ball lol (i may post dragon ball related oc art as well.. cuz i've done that a few times)
since i'm used to the lgbtq+ focused side of the fandom, those are usually the kind of topics youll see me post in if any of those pop up : o bc i have a pretty queer reading of the series ^^"

oh, you don't know what neopronouns are all about? well, have a resource for that!!
want to know how to use tone indicators to help out neurodivergent people to understand your words better? click here!

if you see me randomly type a bunch of letters like SDHFJFJGHD, thats just a thing in the lgbtq+ community called keysmashing which is usually used to show someone is laughing (either nervously or bluntly and so on and so forth)
if you need any help learning about lgbtq+ terms and such, feel free to ask! i will try my best to help out ^^

goten and trunks are gay and trans ♥

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:19 pm

Trailer leaked. The models could honestly look better, but holy shit. You can fire a Kamehameha and even beam clash. Goku and Vegeta have multiple forms. You can go to Capsule Corp, the Lookout and the World Tournament arena. You can ride a Saiyan Pod or the Nimbus and use the Power Pole as a pickaxe. You can even watch the fucking anime with other players. :lol:

I was honestly just expecting some cosmetics and that’s it. This is crazy. This is going to be the first time I ever buy in-game currency.

DiloVortexx
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DiloVortexx » Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:27 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:19 pm Trailer leaked. The models could honestly look better, but holy shit. You can fire a Kamehameha and even beam clash. Goku and Vegeta have multiple forms. You can go to Capsule Corp, the Lookout and the World Tournament arena. You can ride a Saiyan Pod or the Nimbus and use the Power Pole as a pickaxe. You can even watch the fucking anime with other players. :lol:

I was honestly just expecting some cosmetics and that’s it. This is crazy. This is going to be the first time I ever buy in-game currency.
LMAO YEA SAME JSKDJSKDFJ
I'm so happy with what we're getting this shit is so cool : o
Dilo/Volt/Kareol/Zhadio -- Demiromantic pansexual demiboy (transmasc non-binary; goes by he/him, they/them, xe/xem/xyrs and raptorself pronouns!! to see more of my preferences regarding gender, sexuality and pronouns, click here!

dilo is pronounced dye - low, kareol is pronounced kah - rey - ohl (like bowl) and zhadio is pronounced zah - dee - ohh for those who may have trouble pronouncing my names! ^^")

autistic digital artist who likes drawing creatures and monsters and also they really like dragon ball lol (i may post dragon ball related oc art as well.. cuz i've done that a few times)
since i'm used to the lgbtq+ focused side of the fandom, those are usually the kind of topics youll see me post in if any of those pop up : o bc i have a pretty queer reading of the series ^^"

oh, you don't know what neopronouns are all about? well, have a resource for that!!
want to know how to use tone indicators to help out neurodivergent people to understand your words better? click here!

if you see me randomly type a bunch of letters like SDHFJFJGHD, thats just a thing in the lgbtq+ community called keysmashing which is usually used to show someone is laughing (either nervously or bluntly and so on and so forth)
if you need any help learning about lgbtq+ terms and such, feel free to ask! i will try my best to help out ^^

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:00 pm

Oh God, am I finally going to learn what Fortnite is just so that I can have Gokuu and Superman fight?

Why yes, yes I am.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

DiloVortexx
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DiloVortexx » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:53 am

JulieYBM wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:00 pm Oh God, am I finally going to learn what Fortnite is just so that I can have Gokuu and Superman fight?

Why yes, yes I am.
now thats a power move if I've ever seen one, and yeah same hat julie
move over death battle, we got the real super powered humanoid battle simulator right here SJDKFJDFGJ

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:02 am

Darth Vader cashes in money in the bank and takes them both out.

Wrigglything
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wrigglything » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:40 am

First impressions on the skins. These could change over time since we have yet to really see them in action and gameplay not to mention the recency of it all but here we go:
Goku: a little skinnier than I'm used to, but it grew on me eventually. Wished Toei and Shueisha would have a non bare chested MUI Goku more often, though no offense to those who like that design
Bulma: like it quite a bit, at least. She appears as she is in Super. Wished it extends to her Namek outfit at least but it seems to be more Super based, so oh well
Vegeta: not too bad. He's OK, appears as he is in Super. I'd like to see people being confused on his Blue forms though
Beerus: same with Vegeta in feelings, but I saw him the least.
I guess I'm not the most sold by the redesigns just yet. Hopefully with time I'll grow into it.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:47 am

Trailers officially released

Cinematic Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rxqpnwe ... LL&index=2
Gameplay Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFN81-- ... LL&index=1

I like Bulma/Beerus character models a lot. Goku/Vegeta not really and it's a shame DBS Broly color scheme still isn't the default one.

Despite of that, I can see there's a lot of effort in this collaboration and since Fornite is a really popular game, this will help the franchise reach new people.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.