Puns names for your CaCs.

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Puns names for your CaCs.

Post by Anonymous Friend » Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:33 pm

I picked up Xenoverse 2 a bit ago and have been playing through it. I started with a buu girl named Penelope. Now I've decided to make a namekian,who uses only strike attacks, named Slugger and freeza-race. who once I can deck him out in them, will only use attacks from Freeza and his kind. named Fridg.

Did you try to use pun names for your characters? What are they?

Maybe even offer pun names that other people can use.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

Draconic
I Live Here

Re: Puns names for your CaCs.

Post by Draconic » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:41 pm

I called my namekian avatar Codobelc. In romanian there's a lullaby that goes "melc, melc, codobelc". Melc means snail, while codobelc is basically gibberish made up only to rhyme. I liked the sound of that for a CaC so I used it :D
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:22 pm

Kuraio for the Freeza race character. It sounds like Cryo from cryogen.
I'm attempting Gumble to the Majin race one as the concatenation of gum and bubble.

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:01 pm

I believe I used the name “Tempra” as a dual pun on “tempura” and “temporal”, making it both a classic Toriyama food pun as well as related to being in the Time Patrol.

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:59 pm

Mine CaC is named "Trouser", I've made a character based on Trunks. I've always liked every iteration of Trunks, so I've created a "copy" of him because of my liking of the character.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:39 am

In Xenoverse 1, my main character was a Saiyan woman named "Pikruel." A pun of "pickle," even though it's technically a fruit, not a vegetable. At the time, female Saiyans (especially Super Saiyans) were still a novel concept.

In Xenoverse 2, my main character was a green skinned human (though I imagined him being an alien) character with red hair. I named him "Holly," because he had Christmas colors. He's actually the character used for my avatar, at the time of writing this. I later created a companion for him named "Mistle," like mistletoe.

I also had a Majin character named Meiji, which is a Japanese candy company. I initially tried to come up with a magic word to use for a pun, but after thinking about it, I realized if Buu was going to name his offspring after something, it would be his favorite thing in the world: Sweets.

I had an orange and red Frieza race character named Heeta. This was before the manga introduced a similarly named group of characters... Now, if I bring the character back in XV3, I'll have to come up with a different name. I originally was trying for a cold or ice themed name, but I liked the idea of going the opposite direction better.

I had a Namekian character as well. I kept their colors consistent with Namekians, but gave him a slightly blue hue. I named him Brudrogan (or something like that), after the blue dragon sea slugs.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:33 am

I made a saiyan who looked slightly like my brother, who's nickname is Latus, and called him Lattuce, like him and Lettuce, keeping the veggy pun.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Lance Freeman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lance Freeman » Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:18 pm

Every lady Majin, in every game I can, gets called Abby Kadabra.