Dragon Ball Online on the way

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Demi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Demi » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:04 pm

Tony93 wrote:
KinoFourpaws wrote: For the Horde!! ... What? o-o
OH HECK YES.

I just cant wait to scream KAIO-KEN UP TO TEN TIMES! Or I AM THE [Rank] OF ALL SAIYANS! XD
You're the sort of person that makes me not want to buy this game.

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:51 am

Yeah... retards come with generally all mmorpgs. I hope that this game, unlike WoW, will not have a limit to how many people you can have on your ignore list.
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

Cbot

Post by Cbot » Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:58 pm

The saiyans will rise again!!!!

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:28 am

Cbot wrote:The saiyans will rise again!!!!
"FOR the HORDE!11"
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

Olivier Hague
I Live Here

Post by Olivier Hague » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:14 pm

The game developers are currently looking for a coder... who would be working on the Xbox360 version of the game. Just so you know.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:34 pm

Olivier Hague wrote:The game developers are currently looking for a coder... who would be working on the Xbox360 version of the game. Just so you know.
Got a source on this? I'd love to update with that.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Olivier Hague
I Live Here

Post by Olivier Hague » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:38 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Got a source on this?
Here.

gohanku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by gohanku » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:49 pm

Wow, Olivier Hague, nice find, so there might be an Xbox360 version of Dragonball Online? Nice.
[quote="SSj Kaboom talking about Future Gohan in BT3"]I feel sorry for Future Gohan.

Everyone's like, "What?! What are you doing with [b][i]two[/i][/b] arms?! You tear that off right now, mister!"

Poor guy.[/quote]
Lol'ed.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:16 pm

Tony93 wrote:Or I AM THE [Rank] OF ALL SAIYANS! XD
You're the Towel Boy of all Saiyans?

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:00 pm

Olivier Hague wrote:The game developers are currently looking for a coder... who would be working on the Xbox360 version of the game. Just so you know.
Really? That's great cause I'm getting a 360 for Mistwalker's Blue Dragon & Lost Odyssey. So having DBO for the 360 would help a lot.
XBL Gamertag: Dragon Piece
Send me a message letting me know who you are
[quote="penguintruth"]In the case of the Mountain Dew, the DBZ dub is like drinking Mountain Dew and thinking, "I sure do love Coca Cola!"[/quote]

Sasuke_Chidori
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sasuke_Chidori » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:21 pm

Not to sound negative, but this game doesn't seem to be something of the normal Xbox 360 quality. It would be better to have a PS3 or 360 release of Sparking 3. Even though I think it's a bit crazy to port this over to the 360, and we'll probably never see this game, it does make sense from a business standpoint. 360 is great for MMORPG's, and has had a bit of experience. Me? I'll be getting a PS3 in the summer and 360 sometime late this year/early next year for Blue Dragon/Halo 3, and this news only sweetens the deal.(If it comes true, anyways.)

Thanks for the heads up.
PLAY B3YOND.

Iyouboushi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Iyouboushi » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:39 pm

I find it weird that they're releasing it on the XBox. Does the XBox have region-specific discs or are they "one machine plays all" ? I wouldn't mind if they released it for PS2 but does the slimline even have the ability to play online games? (I know the old clunky one had the ability to play FFXI but I heard they stopped that.. I feel so out of date here). I guess that's wishful thinking though.

This makes me wonder if there will be a port here. I doubt the computer version will be brought over, but the Xbox version might.
"Words! I need more words! My grasp of the language is not sufficient to describe the violent-wretching nausia your singing is causing me to experience!"
[url=http://iyou.cyberbotx.com]My Website[/url] :: [url=http://iyouboushi.netfirms.com/rk/kenshinfaq.html]The Ultimate RK FAQ[/url]

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:43 pm

Sasuke_Chidori wrote:Not to sound negative, but this game doesn't seem to be something of the normal Xbox 360 quality.
Can you imagine the 360 version of DBO being at the same graphical level as Blue Dragon? That would be awesome.....but highly unlikely.
[quote="penguintruth"]In the case of the Mountain Dew, the DBZ dub is like drinking Mountain Dew and thinking, "I sure do love Coca Cola!"[/quote]

Sasuke_Chidori
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sasuke_Chidori » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:03 pm

It would be GORGEOUS. I'm sure that if it really is released, it will play in 720p, so it won't really look that bad. If they're just porting the game over to the 360, it won't look that much better, but it'll be a cheaper alternative to upgrading your PC with all of this extra crap that will be outdated in a year.

I wonder if they'll do cross-platform online. You know, PC and 360 at the same time?
PLAY B3YOND.

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:11 pm

Sasuke_Chidori wrote: I wonder if they'll do cross-platform online. You know, PC and 360 at the same time?
I can definitely see that happen when Atari does the localization of the game for the U.S. & they will.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:22 pm

Sasuke_Chidori wrote:I wonder if they'll do cross-platform online. You know, PC and 360 at the same time?
We have confirmation now that 'Team Fortress 2' will do that very thing, so we know it's possible.

-edit-
Holy shit. I just saw the screencaps. I don't know why, but I was assuming this was going to be some half-baked 2D dealie. I swear to god I will learn Japanese to play this game.

Sasuke_Chidori
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sasuke_Chidori » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:30 pm

A new Team Fortress? I could have sworn a sequel was canceled or something. :lol:

When this game hits the U.S., it'll be a 360 purchase for me. Achievements and a 61" HDTV in the den really helped make my decision.

I just saw the screen caps as well. The graphics aren't as bad as I thought, now that I take a second look. It looks like a sure-purchase for any Dragon Ball fan. Also.. what the heck is up with the 1/2 Saibamen, 1/2 frog creature? :?
PLAY B3YOND.

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:00 pm

Ya'll & your HDTV's. I'm stuck with the Standards cause of ma' hick-brain parents (No, seriously :shock:). Aside from that, I'm not in much of a financial position to be purchasing those.

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Sat May 26, 2007 3:56 pm

How did I miss this until today? Sounds wicked cool if they do it right.

I'd try to bring respect back to the humans, play a Yamcha-esque character...
Trunks & Goten forever

Amaranth Sparrow

Post by Amaranth Sparrow » Mon May 28, 2007 7:39 pm

Well, since Saiyans won't be playable and they've only confirmed Humans and Namekians so far, you don't have much choice. =P

It's been over a month since they've released any new info, and that was just the programming position announced via the official NTL site...