Dragon Ball Z 3 Japanese Music Vids (With charcater hacks)

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Aukon

Dragon Ball Z 3 Japanese Music Vids (With charcater hacks)

Post by Aukon » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:36 pm

While browsing the YouTubes, I came across these user submitted Japanese music videos of Dragon Ball Z 3 (Budokai 3). These are unique, as they show characters from the game use attacks that other characters had originally, you could say it's a hack.

You'll see what I mean.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=goqpoBX2Cnk
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KpQ-3Vm_O1w
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PC2Od3lOygs
http://youtube.com/watch?v=gOBEUKRMh7U
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ePS3Kx7dTVs

More dbz game videos here: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=pakukiti
Last edited by Aukon on Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:00 am

That was pretty cool. They should have allowed us to assign moves to any character in the Budokai games. Guess I might have to find a Character Mod code for my Gameshark in order to do it.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:25 am

Those videos were awesome, it's just too bad nobody (that I know of) knows how to "hack" the game to do all the things this person apparently did. I'm still waiting on the reliable way to cheat Bulma into the game.

TAS
Beyond Newbie

Post by TAS » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:39 am

That was pretty cool. They should have allowed us to assign moves to any character in the Budokai games.
Yeah I've sortta thought the same thing for awhile now.

Like first off get rid of all the Defense Up, Strength Up, etc, stat boosting crap, and let the gameplay be more dependent on the characters you pick and how you play rather then what stat boosts you apply to the characters.

But anyways about the moves, a number of characters throughout the series have shown a variety of moves (like Goku) and they could really do something cool with that aspect when applied to gameplay.

For instance using something similar to the capsule system you'd be able to equip characters (and/or transformations) with certain moves that they've used, and a lot of character (Goku, Cell, etc) would have a lot of moves at their disposal to choose from and you could apply any two Death Moves (Kamehameha, etc) and one Ultimate (Spirit Bomb, etc) per character, and the same would also apply to transformations, ie Base Goku and SS Goku wouldn't have to have the same moves unless you wanted them too, ie once you transform you could have a totaly different move set (kinda like Shin Budokai 2 and BT2)

I don't think that every character should be able to use any move though, like characters that don't know how to use the Kamehameha shouldn't be able to have the ability to equip it, though I defenitly think there should be a Free Mode in said game for those who want to play around with that aspect, as well as stuff like Super Saiyan Raditz, etc, ie a mode that's not bound by what the anime/movies/specials/manga did, but I defenitly think it should be a seperate mode, that way you can satsify the purists who don't want to see that kinda thing in the main story, but also satsify those who want to see What If content.

Anonymous Friend

Post by Anonymous Friend » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:49 am

Deus ex Machina wrote:Those videos were awesome, it's just too bad nobody (that I know of) knows how to "hack" the game to do all the things this person apparently did. I'm still waiting on the reliable way to cheat Bulma into the game.
If you can get a Codebreaker go to www.cmgsccc.com and use some of the codes there. There may not be any for the Budokai/Sparking games unless someone found them but you can always make requests. As soon as I get on a computer without filters I'll put in some requests.

On the PS1 there were a lot of Character mod codes for 3-D fighting games, like Tekken and the Westling games, giving one character another's move list. I haven't really seen that much on the PS2 side. And I never really used them though, I just never saw the use until I started playing Dragonball fighting games. I guess we'll just have to hope that Super Dragonball Z gets a sequel and more customibility. On a side note I remember reading somewhere about using a Gameshark/Codebreaker to fight Videl with a Bulma skin in Budokai 3. Does anyone have it or know where to find it?
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:53 pm

Bulma, Gero, Cell, 17 and 16 as Saiyaman? 18 being saved by Videl? This is one weird set of videos... :lol:
Last edited by SuperSaiyan3Goku on Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:56 pm

Looks like we've got some Shoujo-ai fans behind these videos...
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Aukon

Post by Aukon » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:07 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:Looks like we've got some Shoujo-ai fans behind these videos...
As it seems. :P
Daizenshuu EX Registered Member

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:34 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:Looks like we've got some Shoujo-ai fans behind these videos...
And there is nothing wrong with that. ;)

These vids kick ass! Dammit, I wish I could hack my Budokai 3 Greatest Hits like that, it's like Super DBZ sneaking its way into Budokai 3. I'm favoriting all these vids when I get a chance. :D
14 years later

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:14 pm

Everyone doing the Ginyu poses is hilarious.

Vegeta doing them would've been icing on the cake. X3
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Aukon

Post by Aukon » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:00 am

Chuquita wrote:Everyone doing the Ginyu poses is hilarious.

Vegeta doing them would've been icing on the cake. X3
Oh man, that would be great entertainment. :o

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:14 pm

18's evil grin near the end of the last video was totally creepy... and awesome.

I would have liked to see more of the hacked characters, though (like Bulma, Babidi, Kibito and the like).
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:40 pm

I would have LOVED to see Vegeta make an ass out of himself by doing the Ginyu poses! :lol:

Mayuri Furiza Kurotsuchi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mayuri Furiza Kurotsuchi » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:32 pm

SuperSaiyan3Goku wrote:I would have LOVED to see Vegeta make an ass out of himself by doing the Ginyu poses! :lol:
I used to have a pic of it, but I don't know what happened to it. I'll see if I can find it again.

Aukon

Post by Aukon » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:32 am

This ones a little random, but same style.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycTnyjpeqLc

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:17 pm

Actually, that's closer to that series of videos that used to be in youtube where a japanese guy most wittily cut & edited DBZ footage to make Goku deflect Freeza's blast into Vegeta, let Gohan be killed by the genki dama, and most famously, let the farmer with a shotgun defeat each and every DBZ villain.

But they have been deleted under mysterious circumstances. o:

Aukon

Post by Aukon » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:15 pm

Pedro The Hutt wrote:Actually, that's closer to that series of videos that used to be in youtube where a japanese guy most wittily cut & edited DBZ footage to make Goku deflect Freeza's blast into Vegeta, let Gohan be killed by the genki dama, and most famously, let the farmer with a shotgun defeat each and every DBZ villain.

But they have been deleted under mysterious circumstances. o:
Sounds like it's entertaining, sadly for me I haven't seen them. D:

Thanks for the info.