Dragonball Z Sparking! Meteor

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:34 pm

DNA wrote: Gt Goku still not being in?
Sounds good to me.

WHAT DO WE WANT?!

GT Goku!

WHEN DO WE WANT HIM?!

Right now!

WHAT DO WE GET INSTEAD?!

BABIDI!
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:46 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:
DNA wrote: Gt Goku still not being in?
Sounds good to me.

WHAT DO WE WANT?!

GT Goku!

WHEN DO WE WANT HIM?!

Right now!

WHAT DO WE GET INSTEAD?!

BABIDI!
Okay, that is SAD. :|

The only thing noticeably different about the series is that we now get alternating loading screens. I don't see any obvious differences... which is why it would be more suitable to call it Tenkaichi 1.75. We need an absolute change in the way the characters move, and how the game looks overall. C'mon, SPIKE, you can do this!
XBL: CallyMan90 | YouTube | DeviantART

~ LAST SURVIVING MEMBER OF ROOM 29 ~

Drunken Master
Regular

Post by Drunken Master » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:05 pm

I gotta agree with HyperBlaze about the Goku thing. Goku to me, was much cooler in the "Dragon Ball" era. His attacks were cooler, and more unique, and it was fun to read/watch him kick ass with Tenshinhan and Piccolo at the end of "Dragon Ball". It's going to fun to play as him. I'm not really a fan of all these damn super saiyan. Maybe with all the Dragon Ball characters...there can finally be a decent Tournament arc.
AKA [b]Pope Blitzkrieg XVI[/b], [b]Mr. Shades-Internet McCool[/b]

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:06 pm

SSj Kaboom it worked :D

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:12 pm

DNA wrote:SSj Kaboom it worked :D
Huh?
deviantART
[thread]

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:15 pm

I still think that having more than one version of adult Goku is entirely redundant. To fix the problem, there should be something like the capsule system in the Budokai games so you can give Goku all of his old attacks. Then we wouldn't have to have a second adult Goku take up a space for an actual "new" character.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:18 pm

SSj Kaboom, people are discussing GT Goku xD

Anyway, we have 5 or 6 Vegetas and a bunch of Gohans, I think other characters like Goku and Piccolo deserve to have some more phases.

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:22 pm

DNA wrote:SSj Kaboom, people are discussing GT Goku xD

Anyway, we have 5 or 6 Vegetas and a bunch of Gohans, I think other characters like Goku and Piccolo deserve to have some more phases.
Or simply different outfits.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:33 pm

DNA wrote:Anyway, we have 5 or 6 Vegetas and a bunch of Gohans, I think other characters like Goku and Piccolo deserve to have some more phases.
5 (Scouter, Android, Buu, Majin, SSJ4) which is stupid as well. We only need 2 (Saiyan and Android+). And we only need 3 Gokus. DB Kid, Adult, and GT Kid.
I still think that having more than one version of adult Goku is entirely redundant. To fix the problem, there should be something like the capsule system in the Budokai games so you can give Goku all of his old attacks. Then we wouldn't have to have a second adult Goku take up a space for an actual "new" character.
I know. The BT games prove that the capsule system of the Budokai games was an excellent idea. Then you'd only need one of even Vegeta to get the Vegeta you want based on a time-period.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:36 pm

We only need
By we I suppose you mean you, right?

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:09 pm

DNA wrote:By we I suppose you mean you, right?
Him, me, and I'm guessing Jerseymilk. :)

I think the capsule system, especially in Budokai 3, worked to give the characters much more unique traits when preparing them for battle than just selecting a costume and a certain form. We got to differentiate between moves, certain modes accessed by specific characters (Majin Vegeta, the spaceships for Freeza and Coola, etc.), and many more open opportunities on in-battle power-ups, defenses, fun named energy boosting potions, and so fourth. In NEO, everything's always gonna be the same move-wise for every character, you can't be original with them anywhere outside the "leveling". Some of us are gonna love the capsule system from the Budokai series, some of us are gonna love the system the Sparking! games have come up with even more. In the end, I'll prefer Budokai 3.

I will say that for the exception of "Mid Goku", I couldn't be happier for METEOR getting that version of Goku. It's basically the start of his adult era (18-24 years old), while the regular Z Goku will be the major chunk of the rest of his life up to Kid Buu and Hildegarn, and of course a GT Chibi Goku w/t SSJ4 would be a perfect last version. In comparison to the 6 Vegetas spread out on one series (DBZ), we only need 4 Gokus that are spread out across the entire anime trilogy IMO.
14 years later

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:16 pm

You could have about 6 phases of Goku:

Kid Goku (Beggining)
Teen Goku (Piccolo Saga)
Adult Goku 1 (Piccolo Jr. and Raditz)
Adult Goku 2 (Namek)
Adult Goku 3 (Cell until the beggining of GT)
GT Goku (Chibi)

And as for Piccolo:

Piccolo Jr. (23rd Tournament)
Piccolo (Beggining of Z until Namek)
Piccolo/Nail and Piccolo/Kami could be transformations of the latter.

Each is a diferent character on is own, with diferent moves, fighting styles, attitudes, attacks and even transformations. So I think each of them deserve a spot. But, and I want to make this clear, I would prefer really new characters, like Rild for starters.

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:29 pm

only 3 vegeta's are needed (Saiyan, Android, and buu through to GT).

Make Majin Vegeta an alternate transformation between SSJ2 and SSJ4 in Buu saga Vegeta.
(kinda like choosing the different fusions in battle Vegetto or Gogeta)

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:33 pm

I agree with you with Majin Vegeta, but disagree with SS4, I think GT Vegeta is diferent from Vegeta Buu Saga.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:56 pm

DNA wrote:I agree with you with Majin Vegeta, but disagree with SS4, I think GT Vegeta is diferent from Vegeta Buu Saga.
But probably not different enough to be seperate characters. I think GT Vegeta should be an alternate skin, and have the Final Shine be an SSj4-exclusive move.
deviantART
[thread]

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:26 pm

DNA wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F70f4UHhuf4

Here's a treat. Now play nice.
:shock: WOOT!

I can't believe it! The form that I have always wanted to play him in has been confirmed! :D I am one happy fan...

If this is what Broly will look like as a Super Saiyan in his 2nd outfit, I wonder what he will look like in his Legendary Super Saiyan form with this outfit on... :?
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:29 pm

SuperSaiyan3Goku wrote:If this is what Broly will look like as a Super Saiyan in his 2nd outfit, I wonder what he will look like in his Legendary Super Saiyan form with this outfit on... :?
Um...

The same way he did when he went LSSj in movie 10?
deviantART
[thread]

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:48 pm

I suppose android vegeta and Buu Vegeta are not that different but there different enough with the USSJ form (Which is my fave form of vegeta).

I also think Buu saga Vegeta alternate costume should be GT Vegeta even if he looks like crap, and give his SSJ4 form a different costume rather than different coloured body hair (perhaps Buu saga SSJ4 Costume would be interesting).

It always bothered me in Budokai 3 when transforming Goku from SSJ3 to SSJ4 because of the costume change and the same with Vegeta.

btw what was up with the alternate costume with SSJ4 Gogeta???. Looked like something out of Dragonball AF or something.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:55 pm

Just popping in to once again remind people that you are expected to type properly on this forum. It may be a good time to re-read the forum rules. Thanks!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:01 pm

Welcome back VegettoEX, I've been missing you. Maybe now this topic will be in order.