Complete BT3 Info and Discussion Thread [UPDATED 10/02/07]

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:40 am

so can these items be removed from the characters to be equiped to others?

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:30 am

Sshadow5001 wrote:so can these items be removed from the characters to be equiped to others?
Oooo, good idea. If so, you could just take the items off, put them on different characters and then delete the custom character, input the password for him again, take off the items again and continue like that until you've got enough items to build up all your fave characters.
Check out our home made films!
Lots of martial arts action and comedy.
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=HumpskiProductions

kaioken12
Beyond Newbie

Post by kaioken12 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:00 am

Humpski wrote:
Sshadow5001 wrote:so can these items be removed from the characters to be equiped to others?
Oooo, good idea. If so, you could just take the items off, put them on different characters and then delete the custom character, input the password for him again, take off the items again and continue like that until you've got enough items to build up all your fave characters.
Well, if that actually worked (I didn't have a chance to try yet), then you would just have to do this once, as any item in this game has only to be collected once and then can be equipped to any characters you want (only restriction: 1 item-type[example: attack+1,2 or 3]/character)

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:53 am

kaioken12 wrote:
Humpski wrote:
Well, if that actually worked (I didn't have a chance to try yet), then you would just have to do this once, as any item in this game has only to be collected once and then can be equipped to any characters you want (only restriction: 1 item-type[example: attack+1,2 or 3]/character)
Oh, ok that's pretty sweet then!

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:49 pm

Has anyone confirmed if this works yet?

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:44 pm

caejones wrote:Final Bout had passwords? For what... buildup mode? :?
Come to think of it... what are the passwords used for in the ps2 games? :?
Hey guys, I was not really sure, but I just cheked in Gamefaqs and it seems it really had a Build-Up Mode (called just that) with passwords and shit. It also had retro-compatibility with Ultimate Battle 22, at least that's what it says in one of the faq's.

Futabatei Shimei

Post by Futabatei Shimei » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:32 pm

Sshadow5001 wrote:Has anyone confirmed if this works yet?
I tried to remove those items and equip them on other characters, but I couldn't do it. You don't have access to the password characters in the Evolution Z mode, so you can't remove the items from them. I also tried to remove the items at the character select screen, but you can't remove them there either.
二葉亭四迷でした。

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:18 am

Futabatei Shimei wrote:
Sshadow5001 wrote:Has anyone confirmed if this works yet?
I tried to remove those items and equip them on other characters, but I couldn't do it. You don't have access to the password characters in the Evolution Z mode, so you can't remove the items from them. I also tried to remove the items at the character select screen, but you can't remove them there either.
D'oh. Oh well. Now we know. Thanks!

Foxfang

Post by Foxfang » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:11 pm

really excited about this. I'm disapointed that they didn't add more GT characters though, I was interested in how these game companies would made sense of their power level increases or decreases since DBZ (since it's all up for speculation thanks to Toei xD )

But I am looking forward to see how strong they made GT Kid Goku compared to his adult counterpart or compared to Goten/Trunks in "Z".
It's just too bad they messed up his SSJ3 transformation by giving him a brown tail (his tail was gold in the Bebi saga, which I thought was awesome :) )

Iyouboushi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Iyouboushi » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:59 pm

I have a stupid (maybe?) question: how do you actually play as the characters you get with those three passwords from the official site? Is it possible to use them in modes like the Dragon World Tour? Also, what do those items let the char do??

I'm just now starting to mess around and learn the Evolution Z mode. Up until now I've just been playing story mode trying to beat it (still stuck on DB X_x).

I really hope you can use them for the tournaments. I keep getting stuck trying to beat Cell Game level 3. Having an uuber powered character would be great.
"Words! I need more words! My grasp of the language is not sufficient to describe the violent-wretching nausia your singing is causing me to experience!"
[url=http://iyou.cyberbotx.com]My Website[/url] :: [url=http://iyouboushi.netfirms.com/rk/kenshinfaq.html]The Ultimate RK FAQ[/url]

kaioken12
Beyond Newbie

Post by kaioken12 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:01 pm

Iyouboushi wrote:I have a stupid (maybe?) question: how do you actually play as the characters you get with those three passwords from the official site? Is it possible to use them in modes like the Dragon World Tour? Also, what do those items let the char do??

I'm just now starting to mess around and learn the Evolution Z mode. Up until now I've just been playing story mode trying to beat it (still stuck on DB X_x).

I really hope you can use them for the tournaments. I keep getting stuck trying to beat Cell Game level 3. Having an uuber powered character would be great.
Well, as far as I have seen, you can use them in VS. - about Dragon World Tour I have no idea, but it definitely doesn't work in Tournament mode as you can't use password characters here.

As for Cell Games Level 3 (I know this isn't the help thread but a little hint can't be wrong):
You can beat it pretty easily by using some character as Goku (Late) and make rushes on an on or shoot very often.
The only hard thing is the "survival" part in this tournament.
You mustn't lose too much health during a battle or it will not recover completely for the next one.

With a character "Kaio's training", "attack+1" and "ki+2" or something it also should work pretty fine.

At least it worked good for me - but I guess, if there's more to that, it can be discussed further on in the help thread.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:45 pm

Okay I have a question, are the earrings more lush now? That is to say are they plentiful and unique like the capsules in Budokai 3?
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

maydaysos

Post by maydaysos » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:37 pm

so how exactly do you use them in vs. mode
?

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:05 am

Has there been any confirmation for the music in the US and European releases yet?

I remember the interview with Donny Clay or whoever claimed that they had the instrumentals..

If we don't get the Japanese music, it's pretty pathetic, I mean half of the comments on Donny Clay's blog say something about the music, but then again the guy claims to be the "producer" of the game, which pretty much guarantees he's incompetent.

kaioken12
Beyond Newbie

Post by kaioken12 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:52 am

NeptuneKai wrote:Okay I have a question, are the earrings more lush now? That is to say are they plentiful and unique like the capsules in Budokai 3?
Well, they are... different.
You have more simple potaras now, not attack+1 - attack+19 or something, just attack+1,2,3 - they all take a number of slots which involve the powerup given (attack+2 = 2 slots and so on).
Speed or slots+X have been deleted from the game, instead of the slots you can now give your character Z-Points (= money) to have them get all 7 slots available.

As for health or regeneration and so on, there now is a single bar for everything ELSE besides attack, defense, ki, blast which is called "special".

Some items have been altered, like Halo or Majin seal which halve your blast2-ki consumption - now at the cost of taking away one health bar and one attack level.

Or Kiss of #18 now just gives you +2 vanishing moves and +2 dragon homing taking all 7 slots.

Some customization items are changing the aura color (not during charge, just dragon dash, standing...) which looks pretty neat.

Plus, there are AI-capsules now (they have an extra slot that doesn't count to the 7 slots) which make it possible to alter a CPU-character's fighting style (example: Vegeta uses much Ki attacks - you could equip Goku, who fights "balanced" with it to have him fight like Vegeta and so on).

Any item has just to be bought once and then can be equipped to every character - in exchange, you can only equip things like attack+1 OR attack+2 OR attack+3 and not like in BT2 attack+1 three times for example.

For further information about all capsules, take a look here:
http://anime.geocities.jp/dbzsmjpng/zitem.html
maydaysos wrote:so how exactly do you use them in vs. mode
?
Does this refer to the items or to the password characters?

If to the items, you have to go to the potara in main menu, then equip your characters there and later use the "custom1,2,3" (whichever you created) in VS. You cannot edit them directly in character select screen anymore.

If it referred to the passwords: You have to type the passwords in main menu (ABC-screen) and then you can choose the ABC-screen in VS. mode - it will open up a submenu which shows these password-characters.
Note that "password-generated Goku (late)" counts as Goku (Late), so you can't have a team with the "normal" Goku (late) and the password-generated one at once for instance.

Captain Awesome wrote:Has there been any confirmation for the music in the US and European releases yet?
I second that question, I didn't get any information about this for the european release from Atari yet, they just talk a lot, but don't give ANY hint or clue about that.
That makes me think that it MIGHT not be the original soundtrack and they hope that we customers buy it before we notice ^^"

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:20 am

I've got some questions to the guys who are helping create that page:

Will you also refer to the items from the extra passwords characters?
Will you do all the costumes, colors and battle damages from all characters?
Does Halo still alters Goku (Late)'s and Vegeta (Late)'s skin?
Are there more skin altering items?
Does the Aura Change (SSJ4) change to that red/yellow mix or is it the black aura from when Goku charges up to maximum during the Baby fight?

That's all I think

Edit:
I'll also ask right now about the battle damages of these characters:
Ultimate and Future Gohan; Uub; Gynew; Zarbon and Dodoria; Appule; Kaioshin; Freeza 2nd and 3rd Form; Dr. Gero, Android 19; Dabura;
Lord Slug; Salza; Paikuhan; Piccolo Daimao

Do they alter the skin? Or is it just some scratches?

maydaysos

Post by maydaysos » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:52 pm

i dont see a password thingy in vs mode. is it something you have to unlock.
i have goku vegeta and brolly unlocked in the abc password thing. but when i go to vs there is no place for me to select the password characters all i have is base custom1 2 3
Last edited by maydaysos on Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:20 pm

As a reminder to everyone, you are expected to type properly on this forum, as you agreed to in the forum rules. Thank you.
Last edited by VegettoEX on Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:10 pm

VegettoEX wrote:As as reminder to everyone, you are expected to type properly on this forum, as you agreed to in the forum rules. Thank you.
You've got a typing error, VegettoEX.
The world is your's.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:22 pm

maydaysos wrote:i dont see a password thingy in vs mode. is it something you have to unlock.
i have goku vegeta and brolly unlocked in the abc password thing. but when i go to vs there is no place for me to select the password characters all i have is base custom1 2 3
It sounds to me like you're picking the character and looking for it there. The password characters have their own unique box on the select screen (Well, sounds like they share a box this time) that you need to pick.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.