Complete BT3 Info and Discussion Thread [UPDATED 10/02/07]

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:52 pm

But the real thing, I hate (always in Tenkaichi-games) about tournaments is, that you cannot choose the stages as normal VS. stages like in Budokai - that would have been fun.
Does no one check the 1 on 1 duel mode? You CAN pick the World Tournament Stage in 1 on 1 matches in duel mode (at least in BT2, I've yet to play BT3 but see no reason why it'd be different), you just can't take it in tag or free battle because of the 1 person in the ring at a time rule.
Another thing, that doesn't fit, is that one character can be in a tournament in multiple forms.
Now you could say "But they are all different characters for the game".
But a game, which can restrict your access in VS. mode and that "notices" if someone wants to pick "Freeza (1st form)" and "Freeza (2nd form)" in one team, should be able to restrict this sort of things in tournaments as well....
Agreed.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

kaioken12
Beyond Newbie

Post by kaioken12 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:27 pm

Xyex wrote:
But the real thing, I hate (always in Tenkaichi-games) about tournaments is, that you cannot choose the stages as normal VS. stages like in Budokai - that would have been fun.
Does no one check the 1 on 1 duel mode? You CAN pick the World Tournament Stage in 1 on 1 matches in duel mode (at least in BT2, I've yet to play BT3 but see no reason why it'd be different), you just can't take it in tag or free battle because of the 1 person in the ring at a time rule.
O_o

LoL, now that you mention it, I really never checked this ^^
I always ignored these 1 on 1 things anyway as they were over too quick for my taste...

Well, I have got to check this, but if you're right, then it's one thing less on my "bad things" list, thanks for the clue anyways ;)

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:50 pm

Looks like somebody's found a way to Mod BT3: http://uk.youtube.com/user/magicpar This guy has 3 modded BT3 videos. Make sure to see the Vegeta one! :P
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:58 pm

SuperSaiyan3Goku wrote:Looks like somebody's found a way to Mod BT3: http://uk.youtube.com/user/magicpar This guy has 3 modded BT3 videos. Make sure to see the Vegeta one! :P
//Watches the Nappa one//

///Dies laughing//
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")

We Gotta Power >>>>> Cha-La Head Cha-La. Fight me.
If Super wanted to be "canon," then it should have been good.
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:03 pm

b
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Sun May 01, 2011 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:11 pm

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uN7woIGXaR8

Oh my God, I died laughing!! :lol:
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:18 pm

WTF!! I just nearly fell out looking at Nappa shoot out his beams! That was too much.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:16 am

That's so hilariously wrong. XD
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:05 am

http://www.youtube.com/user/ProjectSnowblind80

So this dude here has uploaded all the music from the American/European version.
So guys what do you think? I personally really like a lot of this music, its got more of a happy beat, (Shine for example).
Also, songs like The Meteor (reference? who knows) sound MUCH more Budokai esque than the music of Neo (All out rock).

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:25 am

b
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Sun May 01, 2011 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

gohanku
OMG CRAZY REG

Post by gohanku » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:30 am

SuperSaiyan3Goku wrote:Looks like somebody's found a way to Mod BT3: http://uk.youtube.com/user/magicpar This guy has 3 modded BT3 videos. Make sure to see the Vegeta one! :P
Oh man, that is so hilarious, this gay sure like to make Vegeta gay... And Nappa's attacks.... Can't breathing. Laughing too much.
Rory wrote:http://www.youtube.com/user/ProjectSnowblind80

So this dude here has uploaded all the music from the American/European version.
So guys what do you think? I personally really like a lot of this music, its got more of a happy beat, (Shine for example).
Also, songs like The Meteor (reference? who knows) sound MUCH more Budokai esque than the music of Neo (All out rock).
They are all pretty good. Sound like some nice tunes to play with when I create my own what-ifs.
[quote="SSj Kaboom talking about Future Gohan in BT3"]I feel sorry for Future Gohan.

Everyone's like, "What?! What are you doing with [b][i]two[/i][/b] arms?! You tear that off right now, mister!"

Poor guy.[/quote]
Lol'ed.

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:59 am

b
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Sun May 01, 2011 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:01 am

Kunzait: Agreed about the nice 80's feel. I really like "After The Fire."

I just wish they had left the best track from Sparking Neo, "Dark Half." That had a nice Chrono Trigger, "end of all things" feel to it.

And if you're talking about gay, how could you forget the obvious ones? ;)
Trunks & Goten forever

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:21 am

gohanku wrote:
Rory wrote:http://www.youtube.com/user/ProjectSnowblind80

They are all pretty good. Sound like some nice tunes to play with when I create my own what-ifs.
..I'm NOT the only one who does that??
Yay!!

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:26 am

The Akkuman What-If is up in English.

Incredibly, it makes LESS sense now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mmqwmWSkD8

(And what the hell is up with his voice?)
Trunks & Goten forever

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:33 am

Thanos6 wrote:The Akkuman What-If is up in English.

His just flat out terifies me.

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:34 am

He sounds like Zarbon, with a cold, imitating a werewolf.
Trunks & Goten forever

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:38 am

Thanos6 wrote:The Akkuman What-If is up in English.

Oh man I can't stop laughing, Devil sounds like he swallowed Zarbon. This is a prime example of why I won't be playing this game in English.It sounds like they can’t keep the voices straight either, Aupple sounded like Devil in one scene. I fear what they did to Arale,8 and Namu if this is what they did to Devil.

Edit: Using Viz names here
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

GizmoKSX
Beyond Newbie

Post by GizmoKSX » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:49 am

Dude...that soundtrack's awesome! I'm a guitarist, so I'm a sucker for shredding over fast, heavy, and/or just plain catchy grooves. Nice synth work, too. It makes me want to pull out my Black Mages albums. :D
I can see their parachutes.

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:04 pm

b
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Sun May 01, 2011 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread