Complete BT3 Info and Discussion Thread [UPDATED 10/02/07]

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kaioken12
Beyond Newbie

Post by kaioken12 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:26 am

Adey wrote: Yeah, but in this game it's a bit better, but since Tullece got erased from existance it's weird to see him just pop up again and fall to his knees then flat on his face :)

They could have just not put him in there and Goku could have still give his speech that he did at the end without Tullece lying dead in front of him.
Yeah, but I think this is just the result of them being a bit "lazy" as they just seem to use the script von BT2 for this cutscene and didn't rewrite it to count in the vaporized Turles.

But hey, he GOT vaporized and this alone is great.

Demi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Demi » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:48 am

kaioken12
Beyond Newbie

Post by kaioken12 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:11 am

I was just wondering:
In Movie 13, when Gohan fights the lower half of Hirudegarn, he is "Mystic Gohan".
So why is there no mystic gohan "saiyaman" costume in BT (2/3)?
(of course not the "saiyaman" transformation, just the clothes like Gohan adult had as second costume)

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:32 am

Demi wrote:Image
They even made him only wearing one glove. Great attention to detail.
Check out our home made films!
Lots of martial arts action and comedy.
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=HumpskiProductions

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:52 am

I kinda wish i never saw any of this because i really wanna get this now and i gotta wait till november.

Oh well I suppose phantom hourglass and worms open warfare 2 will keep me busy

BTW is that the 17 from GT and does it mean that the 2 17's can fuse in free battle mode

Prince Vegeta
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Prince Vegeta » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:39 am

We have ssj 3 Goku in Saiyan armor. :o
Last edited by Prince Vegeta on Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
I think everybody should know that the Internet is serious business.
-Duo

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:31 am

Sshadow5001 wrote:I kinda wish i never saw any of this because i really wanna get this now and i gotta wait till november.

BTW is that the 17 from GT and does it mean that the 2 17's can fuse in free battle mode
Nah, that's normal 17 alternate. Same as the Budokai games did it. Finally. The stupid brown pallete swap in BT1/2 was annoying.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:47 am

All I can say is AWESOME.

This series truely improves with each installment.

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:46 pm

Xyex wrote:
Sshadow5001 wrote:I kinda wish i never saw any of this because i really wanna get this now and i gotta wait till november.

Nah, that's normal 17 alternate. Same as the Budokai games did it. Finally. The stupid brown pallete swap in BT1/2 was annoying.
I didn't think they would make a seperate character for the 2nd 17. I was just wondering if in free battle mode if you picked 2 17's could you combine them (Probably not though)

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:56 pm

Highly doubtful. He's not even a transformation for 17 like Super 13 is.

Anyway, the intro is now on YouTube. Sucky filmed off TV quality but it's up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt3ZXk0R3xw
Last edited by Xyex on Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Good point.

kaioken12
Beyond Newbie

Post by kaioken12 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:59 pm

Is #17's ultimate always the attack with #18?
I was wondering, I read on some sites about the game and it was stated that the teams would be important.
Like having King Cold AND Freeza for the dual combo or #17 AND #18.

But now I saw a video in one of the links above that shows #17 using this ultimate without #18 as a partner.

So, was this "team combo" thing false information?
Do these characters always have their "helpers" as ultimate?

Another thing I am wondering about: I heard in early news that tag team should be removed as Free Mode would be a good substitute.
Is there recent information whether this has happened or not?

kvon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kvon » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:09 pm

Hey, fans of man-humping, sorry to disappoint you. Looks like Bardock advanced to the next level of politeness. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y2RU2kEaU8

And check out Cell's transformations as well. Very little comment, because in my opinion, the only impressive transformation is the one going to Super Perfect. The other transformations can only be appreciated in the story mode, because doing it several times in vs. mode is just annoying.

Edit: And looks like PPATOC's at it again. :)

Edit 2: Ugh, there's a lot of delayed audio with PPATOC's videos. I REALLY hope that he's/she's playing the bootleg (not that I support it) because the horrendously delayed speech in story mode will basically kill the whole game for me.
kvon is an alternative name to Kevin

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:15 pm

Here's a video of all the characters and stages available by default.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AB2F0eI ... er&search=

Here's a video showcasing some menus. They look really nice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-dLJBju17U

Also, I saw a video of the "Dragon Points" mode. Looked kind of interesting. You've got 20 points to spend on your team of characters and each one is alotted a certain number depending on the strength of the character.
Check out our home made films!
Lots of martial arts action and comedy.
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=HumpskiProductions

Adey
Beyond Newbie

Post by Adey » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:13 pm

As far as the videos show, the sagas themselves look pretty short so you won't spend ages on one saga with every single fight, but..the fact that so many people are unlocked already, it's a nice change but..eh, that takes away a lot of the incentive to play.

I dunno.

Also music appears to be unlockable as do stages, cool

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:39 pm

If not being forced to play a million fights is the opposite of insentive to play, the actual gameplay must not be worth normal battle mode.
Which, I hope to be not true. :P
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Son_Gohan
Advanced Regular

Post by Son_Gohan » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:49 pm

The only way any DBZ games in the future will surpass this one, is if...

They gave every Saiyan character all the SSJ transformations, that would be awesome. 8)

Gaiash
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gaiash » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:04 pm

Looks like all I really wanted are acounted for.
Proud Advanceshipper (Ash+May)

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:08 pm

Hmm, I don't know. The story mode being shorter is kind of nice but... it needs to be decent enough length to properly cover the sagas. So hopefully they didn't cut too much of it. Though I can understand the reasons. It's a lot easier to mae a few seconds of dialogue and then a normal match (ala BT1 and 2) than the style they used for this new game for the story battles.

As for the already unlocked characters. Oi. That's another toss up. It's nice to have such a large variety of characters without having to spend hours playing the game first. It'll definately be a nice thing for the renters. XD But with less characters to unlock and a shorter story... the game wont last as long as the first two did I don't think.
<Xyex> Good point.

kaioken12
Beyond Newbie

Post by kaioken12 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:09 pm

Son_Gohan wrote:The only way any DBZ games in the future will surpass this one, is if...

They gave every Saiyan character all the SSJ transformations, that would be awesome. 8)
lol, yeah.
It was something fun with some custom characters in gm or mugen, so it would fit in 3d as well for whatif or just for fun ^^

But as great as BT3 already is, there are many things they can do in the future for fighting games like BT.

There are many more characters that haven't been used yet (lol, all those "I'll kill myself" about missing characters in BT3 should make this very very obvious :P ).
I'm currently not even thinking of GT Goten or something, but some minors like Kibito, Pui Pui (as seperate character) or other Piccolo Daimao demons.
And before they make "real" originals, then they can consider making something that could be "whatif" like SSJ for all saiyans or Vegeta SSJ3 and so on....

I think, there are many things in gameplay and mechanisms they can do.
Not to talk about more stages (or bigger stages - perhaps in 3d-games some effect like in B1 (Kami's Lookout) Hyper Dimension, where you could hit your opponent to another "level").

So, there are many things they can do in the future and I hope, they will continue creating DBZ fighting games. :)

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:13 pm

I have found the INTRO!!!!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt3ZXk0R3xw

And, I have GOT to say, I love Goku and Gohan's armor, 17's outfit from the end of Z, and SSJ3 Goku in Armor!! 8)

Enjoy the intro! I did!
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku