"Sparking! METEOR" Help Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Iyouboushi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Iyouboushi » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:19 pm

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece wrote:
Strongbad456 wrote:What's the easiest way to get the DragonBalls? Like, I know I have to crash through buildings, rocks, and stuff to get them but I want a certain stage that I can just go through, get the DB, and complete the scenario. Also can I get them in the tournament mode? Because I actually did get one once for completing one of the tournament tours.
Doesn't the Lookout thing work anymore? Since there are only 4 or 5 buildings there, just fight there in story mode, and break everything on the easiest difficulty.
I was never able to find any DBs in that stage. However, I found a stage where a DB appears every time and it's fairly easy to win. Play the movie 13 stage (Gokuu vs Hildegarn). Since the first portion of the battle you're unable to even hurt Hildegarn, use that time to dragon dash through the buildings and you'll find it guaranteed. I've done this three times in a row (before I got bored of trying to get DBs and moved onto other story portions I haven't beaten yet) and it's appeared every time. Since the rest of the battle is a bit of survival/hit R3 when it appears, it's not hard to win.
"Words! I need more words! My grasp of the language is not sufficient to describe the violent-wretching nausia your singing is causing me to experience!"
[url=http://iyou.cyberbotx.com]My Website[/url] :: [url=http://iyouboushi.netfirms.com/rk/kenshinfaq.html]The Ultimate RK FAQ[/url]

kaioken12
Beyond Newbie

Post by kaioken12 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:31 am

The normal world tournament (with Roshi or Videl as bosses) worked very often for me.
I (and/or the friend of mine who owns the game) nearly everytime got a dragon ball there by winning (no matter which difficulty).

In the other tournaments it was "mixed", sometimes there was a dragon ball, sometimes not.

Don't know if this (world tournament) was just really great "luck" till now.

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:51 pm

Does anyone have a visual guide on how to do this disc swapping thing?
I've made 2 attempts and I still don't get it.
The world is your's.

the1payday
Beyond Newbie

Post by the1payday » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:19 pm

Can anyone who has played the Wii version give a comprehensive list of ALL of the controls and give some information on how exactly the special attacks work with the Wii remote? If someone has already posted then please, point me in the right direction....but I'm pretty sure I haven't really seen anything regarding the Wii version yet.

Ginyu Taiko
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ginyu Taiko » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:34 pm

Anyone know how to beat Cell Games level 3? I'm having quite a bit of trouble trying to get through all the battles while losing health in each round.

kaioken12
Beyond Newbie

Post by kaioken12 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:07 pm

Ginyu Taiko wrote:Anyone know how to beat Cell Games level 3? I'm having quite a bit of trouble trying to get through all the battles while losing health in each round.
You can win it by fighting without losing too much health in a battle.
It requires a little bit of learning to use BT3's techniques and abilities though. You don't have to be perfect, just learn how to do combos and try to master some of them a little bit.
Then it really isn't too hard to win.

If you can't or don't want to fight "honest" or "attractive", there are four ways left I can think of.

1.) Use a strong character like Kid Buu or something.

2.) Update your character with potaras to strengthen him.
I never had real problems in Cell Games 3, but now I set down and messed around a little bit to see what could help you and I think I found a good combination in
- "Kaio's training" (2 slots)
- "Ki+2" (2 slots)
- "Attack+1" (or "Defense +1"/"Blast +1" if you prefer) (1 slot)

This gives you 2 more health bars, faster Ki charge and a slight boost in whatever you prefer (atk, def, blast).

3.) Use spam attacks like Goku SSJ2's "meteor crush" rush and so on.
This may seem pretty idiotic, but if you just want to win this tournament, it is a pretty simple way.
Fly away - then charge and rush. Fly away, charge rush.... and so on....
Of course you still have to avoid enemy attacks.

4.) Use 1.), 2.) and/or 3.) together :P

All this maybe doesn't sound like much help, but these are the only things apart from cheats that you could do I think - Cell Games level 3 are thought to be a bit hard, so yeah... I hope it helps you out somehow.

Smooth Criminal
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smooth Criminal » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:24 am

I need help with this game.

They've changed the gameplay a lot and I have no idea what the hell I'm doing- AKA, the comp keeps handing my ass to me.

Firstly, I have no idea how to ping pong my opponent around the screen like it has been continuously doing to me. I can do ONE ping pong hit by hitting triangle after knocking him away, but no more than that. I want to be able to do the cool stuff like I've seen in youtube vids. As of right now, all I can do is get owned and shoot triangle blasts to defend myself.

Second, what's up with the Z-Lock in this game? I know that it's automatic, but it sometimes acts like I'm not locked on at all. For example, if my opponent is farther away on the screen, and I want to do a normal dash at him with the X button like in the previous BT games, I have to be looking DIRECTLY at him, otherwise my character will dash in the wrong direction. What's the point of a Z-Lock if you aren't LOCKED? I continuously keep dashing away from my opponent by accident because a simple touch of the D-pad will have you looking the wrong way. Also, if my opponent is above me, doing a normal X dash will NOT bring me up to that person's level-- I'll only dash in the direction I'm facing, not up or down. This is confusing and I don't know why they would change that. Doing a CHARGED X dash will send you directly to your opponent, but not a normal x-dash, unless you are standing close. This has been screwing me up more than ANYTHING else, and I want to know what the deal is.

Third, what does that clock mean in the Tenkaichi Budokai selection screen? (The one with Mr. Satan)

kaioken12
Beyond Newbie

Post by kaioken12 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:54 pm

Smooth Criminal wrote:I need help with this game.

They've changed the gameplay a lot and I have no idea what the hell I'm doing- AKA, the comp keeps handing my ass to me.

Firstly, I have no idea how to ping pong my opponent around the screen like it has been continuously doing to me. I can do ONE ping pong hit by hitting triangle after knocking him away, but no more than that. I want to be able to do the cool stuff like I've seen in youtube vids. As of right now, all I can do is get owned and shoot triangle blasts to defend myself.

Second, what's up with the Z-Lock in this game? I know that it's automatic, but it sometimes acts like I'm not locked on at all. For example, if my opponent is farther away on the screen, and I want to do a normal dash at him with the X button like in the previous BT games, I have to be looking DIRECTLY at him, otherwise my character will dash in the wrong direction. What's the point of a Z-Lock if you aren't LOCKED? I continuously keep dashing away from my opponent by accident because a simple touch of the D-pad will have you looking the wrong way. Also, if my opponent is above me, doing a normal X dash will NOT bring me up to that person's level-- I'll only dash in the direction I'm facing, not up or down. This is confusing and I don't know why they would change that. Doing a CHARGED X dash will send you directly to your opponent, but not a normal x-dash, unless you are standing close. This has been screwing me up more than ANYTHING else, and I want to know what the deal is.

Third, what does that clock mean in the Tenkaichi Budokai selection screen? (The one with Mr. Satan)
Your answer is directly on page one ;)

http://anime.geocities.jp/dbzsmjpng/index.html

There you find everything you need :D

Drunken Master
Regular

Post by Drunken Master » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:05 pm

Ugh...I've been trying to unlock King Cold ALL damn day. Cell level 3 hasn't appeared ONCE! It's pissing me off so bad...

Yep, right after I posted this, it came up. Owned it fully with a custom Omega Shenron.

CAN'T TOUCH THIS!
Last edited by Drunken Master on Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AKA [b]Pope Blitzkrieg XVI[/b], [b]Mr. Shades-Internet McCool[/b]

kaioken12
Beyond Newbie

Post by kaioken12 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:11 pm

Drunken Master wrote:Ugh...I've been trying to unlock King Kold ALL damn day. Cell level 3 hasn't appeared ONCE! It's pissing me off so bad...
The only thing you can do there is: Enter the tournament selection and exit again and again until Cell Games Level 3 appear.
Perhaps you can save just before the Cell Games appear, then try and if it's not level 3, reset your console to try again....

Sounds stupid, and it is, really.
You have to try again and again until it appears. Only "good" thing is that you don't have to beat the "wrong" tournaments and can just enter/exit/enter....

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:19 pm

Drunken Master wrote:Ugh...I've been trying to unlock King Kold ALL damn day. Cell level 3 hasn't appeared ONCE! It's pissing me off so bad...
I know it's very annoying but once it’s done its done and you never have to do it again. Though you still need allot of Z Points to unlock all the items in the shop and Max out all the characters. :roll:

In the end I cheated for Z points because it was gonna a very long time to max everyone out.

In fact it will take about the maximum amount of Z points plus half to buy all items and upgrade everyone. :shock:

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:04 am

How do I get more items in the store, specifically the aura modifiers?

I've been playing for two days, and the only stories I haven't beaten ar movies 6,7,9,12, and 13.

And how do I fuse? I keep trying to fuse but I just end up going Super Saiyan for some reason, almost like I don't actually have Vegetto yet.

Gaiash
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gaiash » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:15 pm

I've been having trouble against the final battle of the Android/Cell Saga. Its those blasted beam struggles, ever since the last game I've never been able to succed with them. I keep being overpowered and now I actually have to use a beam struggle to win against freaking Cell.

How am I supposed to do anything? I toggle the control sticks like it says to but its useless.
Proud Advanceshipper (Ash+May)

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:22 pm

I rearrange my hands during beam struggles, where I kinda throw my right palm on top of both analogue sticks, and just slam the shit out of the controller all sorts of ways back and forth to Hell. Hasn't failed me yet.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:27 pm

Yeah as Mr.EX said just throw your palm on both of the control sticks and move it back and fourth really quick. A lot of people learned how to do this in the first Budokai game when you had to charge up Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon. (Excuse the dubbified attack name but there was no way I am spelling the Japanese name correctly.)
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

Gaiash
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gaiash » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:35 pm

Thanks, my hand hurts now but it worked. Well back to the game.
Proud Advanceshipper (Ash+May)

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:43 am

You think unlocking King Cold is hard?
Friggin Seripa... it's a pain in the neck. Random characters suck. It keeps giving me horrible ones.

I beat Cell games level 3 fairly easily.
Usually I use either Yajirobe, absorbtion type androids or Freeza. They can all get their health back fairly easily.
Check out our home made films!
Lots of martial arts action and comedy.
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=HumpskiProductions

Strongbad456
Beyond Newbie

Post by Strongbad456 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:57 pm

I usually use either SSJ4 Gogeta or Arale but I'm finding the lvl 3 tournaments pretty hard with them. What are good potaras to equip them with?

Orochi_Rockman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Orochi_Rockman » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:50 pm

I used Final Form Freeza for my Cell Game tournaments. Not only does he charge ki exceptionally fast on his own, but Death Beam Barrage is only 2 Ki bars.

I threw Ki+3, Super+3, and Light Body (Triangle Ki Blasts don't stun you) Potaras on him and just dashed around the arena spamming Death Beams and Planet Breakers.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:30 pm

Orochi_Rockman wrote:I used Final Form Freeza for my Cell Game tournaments. Not only does he charge ki exceptionally fast on his own, but Death Beam Barrage is only 2 Ki bars.

I threw Ki+3, Super+3, and Light Body (Triangle Ki Blasts don't stun you) Potaras on him and just dashed around the arena spamming Death Beams and Planet Breakers.
Good suggestions on that. Cell Game is one of the last ones I have to take care of... I've been fine with no items what-so-ever thus far, but I see that one being an annoyance when I decide to finally tackle it.

On a side note... doing the Yamcha game on difficulty 3 being stuck with Dodoria is just mean.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::