"Sparking! METEOR" Help Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

"Sparking! METEOR" Help Thread

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:44 am

Heya:

This thread's sole purpose is to help out with the game (primarily the Japanese version, since there is a language barrier for most people). This is not a thread for discussing the game in general; any posts of this sort will simply be deleted.

Please feel free to ask (very specific) questions, share (very specific) links to articles and guides you have found helpful, gameplay mechanics, unlocks, etc.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

kaioken12
Beyond Newbie

Post by kaioken12 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:56 am

I have seen many people asking for basics and changes and I had the chance to find some of it out, so I hope posting it here is okay.

There is a very good guide that I found recently and that should explain many things:

http://anime.geocities.jp/dbzsmjpng/index.html

It helped me a lot :)

Iyouboushi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Iyouboushi » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:55 am

Actually, I have a question that maybe someone can answer.

This is the first Sparking!/BT game that I've played, so I don't know if it's the same in the others or not, but what exactly is that number under the health/next to the ki bars? I know that techniques can be done when it reaches a certain number, but is there a way to speed up how fast it counts?

The manual calls it ブラストストっク (Blast Stock) but I don't know enough Japanese to read the rest of it.
"Words! I need more words! My grasp of the language is not sufficient to describe the violent-wretching nausia your singing is causing me to experience!"
[url=http://iyou.cyberbotx.com]My Website[/url] :: [url=http://iyouboushi.netfirms.com/rk/kenshinfaq.html]The Ultimate RK FAQ[/url]

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:00 am

"Blast Stock" allows you to transform to higher levels or use your "Blast 1" techniques. These aren't usually offensive abilities but rather abilities used for defense or as a power up. For example, many forms of Vegeta have a Blast 1 called "Explosive Wave." To use it, you must have 1 blast stock. Also, if you want to go SSJ, you would have to have 1 blast stock, then push R3.

Futabatei Shimei

Post by Futabatei Shimei » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:22 pm

The Blast Gauge fills up slowly by itself, but you can speed it up a little by deflecting weak ki blasts (rush kidan). In the PS2 version, you deflect weak ki blasts by holding the circle button and pressing left and right. I think there might also be some items you can equip that cause it to fill up quicker.
二葉亭四迷でした。

kaioken12
Beyond Newbie

Post by kaioken12 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:38 am

Futabatei Shimei wrote:The Blast Gauge fills up slowly by itself, but you can speed it up a little by deflecting weak ki blasts (rush kidan). In the PS2 version, you deflect weak ki blasts by holding the circle button and pressing left and right. I think there might also be some items you can equip that cause it to fill up quicker.
There are.
But some of them have weaknesses.
As from I have seen, "Dragon Heart" lets you recover one full gauge just by dodging a blast 2 (via teleport, press circle just before the attack hits you), but on the downside your general normal blast 1 charging will decrease in speed.

I think, there might be a better item, but that's the one I have already seen.
If I remember correctly, jipang has a list with all items on the website I posted above, you can check there for further information if you want. :)

Teclo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Teclo » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:52 am

kaioken12 wrote:I have seen many people asking for basics and changes and I had the chance to find some of it out, so I hope posting it here is okay.

There is a very good guide that I found recently and that should explain many things:

Thanks for that link. It's answered most of my questions about BT3.

One thing I'd like to know: can I use a save from the Japanese version of BT3 with the PAL version of BT3 when I get that? If not, what about a North American version save being used with a PAL copy of the game?

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:30 am

kaioken12 wrote:I have seen many people asking for basics and changes and I had the chance to find some of it out, so I hope posting it here is okay.

Looks useful, except that all the buttons are images with no alts...
Looking at the source code I can figure out a fair majority of them (s, t, x, o seem pretty obvious...), but then there are those with numbers in their filenames...

Though, I decided to close it before posting. -.- I think I'll try to give better examples of what I mean if I can't find anything better...
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:06 pm

How do you deflect blasts in this version? Also, when you do a blast attack what is this "boost" thing I am seeing? I understand you push up and square, does it just increase damage?

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:10 pm

SonEric84 wrote:How do you deflect blasts in this version? Also, when you do a blast attack what is this "boost" thing I am seeing? I understand you push up and square, does it just increase damage?
I think you hold block and go left and right or make circles with the analogue stick. Pretty sure the "boost" thing just increases damage.
Check out our home made films!
Lots of martial arts action and comedy.
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=HumpskiProductions

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:16 pm

Humpski wrote:
SonEric84 wrote:How do you deflect blasts in this version? Also, when you do a blast attack what is this "boost" thing I am seeing? I understand you push up and square, does it just increase damage?
I think you hold block and go left and right or make circles with the analogue stick. Pretty sure the "boost" thing just increases damage.

Oh okay, thanks a lot.

Another thing, how do you do the sonic sway? I'm so mad cause I only just got the game and I got to play for a total of like 20 minutes because I had to go to work. lol :twisted:

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:57 pm

SonEric84 wrote:
Humpski wrote:

Oh okay, thanks a lot.

Another thing, how do you do the sonic sway? I'm so mad cause I only just got the game and I got to play for a total of like 20 minutes because I had to go to work. lol :twisted:
I think you hold Square and Triangle. There's a guide somewhere with all the new techniques. I'm sure someone posted it on the Sparking Meteor news thread.
Check out our home made films!
Lots of martial arts action and comedy.
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=HumpskiProductions

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:02 pm

Humpski wrote:
SonEric84 wrote:
Humpski wrote: I think you hold block and go left and right or make circles with the analogue stick. Pretty sure the "boost" thing just increases damage.

Oh okay, thanks a lot.

I think you hold Square and Triangle. There's a guide somewhere with all the new techniques. I'm sure someone posted it on the Sparking Meteor news thread.

Actually, it's triangle and circle. I figured it out. Thanks though, I will look for that. Someone should post the link in this thread.

Katalyst

Post by Katalyst » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:55 pm

Is there a widescreen and/or 480p mode in the options? (ps2 version)

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:03 pm

Katalyst wrote:Is there a widescreen and/or 480p mode in the options? (ps2 version)
Oh yeah, that is something I also have really wanted to know. 480p doesn't mean so much to me since my PS3 will bump it up even higher to my TV's 1080i setting, but widescreen would definitely be a nice addition from BT (PS2)

kaioken12
Beyond Newbie

Post by kaioken12 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:14 pm

SonEric84 wrote:
Humpski wrote:
SonEric84 wrote:
Oh okay, thanks a lot.

Actually, it's triangle and circle. I figured it out. Thanks though, I will look for that. Someone should post the link in this thread.
Well, actually, it's already here. Second post. And somewhere later, too ^^""
But just for reference here it is again, I hope it helps: http://anime.geocities.jp/dbzsmjpng/index.html

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:23 pm

kaioken12 wrote:
SonEric84 wrote:
Humpski wrote: I think you hold Square and Triangle. There's a guide somewhere with all the new techniques. I'm sure someone posted it on the Sparking Meteor news thread.

Well, actually, it's already here. Second post. And somewhere later, too ^^""
But just for reference here it is again, I hope it helps: http://anime.geocities.jp/dbzsmjpng/index.html

Oh wow, I feel stupid...no clue how I missed that. Thanks and sorry!

Strongbad456
Beyond Newbie

Post by Strongbad456 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:53 pm

What's the easiest way to get the DragonBalls? Like, I know I have to crash through buildings, rocks, and stuff to get them but I want a certain stage that I can just go through, get the DB, and complete the scenario. Also can I get them in the tournament mode? Because I actually did get one once for completing one of the tournament tours.

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:56 am

Strongbad456 wrote:What's the easiest way to get the DragonBalls? Like, I know I have to crash through buildings, rocks, and stuff to get them but I want a certain stage that I can just go through, get the DB, and complete the scenario. Also can I get them in the tournament mode? Because I actually did get one once for completing one of the tournament tours.
Doesn't the Lookout thing work anymore? Since there are only 4 or 5 buildings there, just fight there in story mode, and break everything on the easiest difficulty.

Strongbad456
Beyond Newbie

Post by Strongbad456 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:01 pm

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece wrote:
Strongbad456 wrote:What's the easiest way to get the DragonBalls? Like, I know I have to crash through buildings, rocks, and stuff to get them but I want a certain stage that I can just go through, get the DB, and complete the scenario. Also can I get them in the tournament mode? Because I actually did get one once for completing one of the tournament tours.
Doesn't the Lookout thing work anymore? Since there are only 4 or 5 buildings there, just fight there in story mode, and break everything on the easiest difficulty.
There's like 1 fight there in the story mode(Garlic Jr) and I found it sort of hard the first time around. Anyway, I don't really need to collect them anymore because I got the characters you have to wish for. Now I'd just need stages but I only want one of those.