Dragonball and others to appear on Second Life.

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Magica
Regular

Dragonball and others to appear on Second Life.

Post by Magica » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:16 am

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... econd-life

Dragon Ball, Naruto, One Piece to Enter Second Life
posted on 2007-12-21 04:31 EST
Son Goku, Naruto, Luffy to make two-day appearance in online virtual world

The lead characters of the Dragon Ball, Naruto, and One Piece manga will be making a special two-day appearance within Linden Lab's Second Life online virtual world to coincide with the Jump Festa event this weekend. Official avatars (virtual representations of real or fictional persons) of Dragon Ball's Son Goku, Naruto's titular character, and One Piece's Luffy will stop by Impress Group's virtual Impress Island for the "Jumpland@Second Life" festivities on December 22 and December 23. (Impress owns the Impress Comic Engine software that publishers use for electronic comic distribution.) On those same two days, Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine will be holding Jump Festa 2008 at the real Makuhari Messe convention center outside Tokyo.

Not only will the characters appear in Second Life, but each will display his signature special attack: Kamehame-ha for Goku, Rasengan ("Spiral Chakra Sphere") for Naruto, and the gatling gun for Luffy. Second Life will also host "Jumpland Capsule," a prize game in which players can win exclusive Jumpland t-shirts and blouses. If a user finds and gathers seven Dragon Balls during those days, he or she can summon the Shenlong dragon god.

Source: animeanime.jp
I dunno. I don't like Second Life at all. This looks interesting, though. Too bad their isn't a way to make your own Dragonball related skins (Official ones. Not custom made user ones).

EDIT: Fixed image link.
Last edited by Magica on Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:18 am

Stupid question, what is second life? Sounds familiar but I don't know anything about it. Also, those character models look pretty terrible.
Trans rights, now!

DominatorLost
Beyond Newbie

Post by DominatorLost » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:27 am

I'm going to stereotype its players as basement-dwellers whose lives exist on Second Life; it's something like The Sims meets an MMORPG. I don't know. I've never really cared. Yes, all the models in the game are terrible. It's also full of furries and 3D sex.

Magica
Regular

Post by Magica » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:51 am

SonEric84 wrote:Stupid question, what is second life? Sounds familiar but I don't know anything about it. Also, those character models look pretty terrible.
Here you go. The stereotype's already mentioned of course. :P http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Life (There's also Encyclopedia Dramatica's version too, but it's highly NSFW)

(Wouldn't anime fans, Trekkies, and WOW players be stereotyped as basement dwellers, too? XD)

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:39 pm

I'm definitely going to join, just so I can find the dragonballs. XD
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:59 pm

Magica wrote:
SonEric84 wrote:Stupid question, what is second life? Sounds familiar but I don't know anything about it. Also, those character models look pretty terrible.
Here you go. The stereotype's already mentioned of course. :P http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Life (There's also Encyclopedia Dramatica's version too, but it's highly NSFW)

(Wouldn't anime fans, Trekkies, and WOW players be stereotyped as basement dwellers, too? XD)

DominatorLost wrote:I'm going to stereotype its players as basement-dwellers whose lives exist on Second Life; it's something like The Sims meets an MMORPG. I don't know. I've never really cared. Yes, all the models in the game are terrible. It's also full of furries and 3D sex.

Ah, I know I've heard about this somewhere, I just don't remember where.
Trans rights, now!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:11 pm

I don't play MMORPGs, but I'm sure someone will put clips up on YouTube eventually.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:56 pm

I tried Second Life for some time. It didn't completely interest me, and I realized my First Life (as in the real one) was more engaging.
It's also full of furries...
You say that like that's a bad thing? :?
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Magica
Regular

Post by Magica » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:30 pm

The S wrote:
It's also full of furries...
You say that like that's a bad thing? :?
Being apart of the fandom, I'm not surprised. :P

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:47 pm

What's a furry?
Trans rights, now!

Magica
Regular

Post by Magica » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:52 pm

SonEric84 wrote:What's a furry?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furry_fandom
http://furry.wikia.com/wiki/Furry

It's the sexuality aspect and poor reactions to trolls that make them get trolled and stereotyped so much, in my opinion.

---

Now, back topic on DB on Second Life!
Last edited by Magica on Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:00 am, edited 3 times in total.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:53 pm

A furry is an individual who identifies themselves with an animal in an anthropomorphic nature. They are commonly, for whatever reason, seen as disturbing freaks - more so than most other sorts of fandom. And it sickens me when people insult furries based on ignorance.

.....ANNNNNNYWAY, back on topic... Second Life seems to be the new advertisement whore for events and characters and such. MySpace has some competition in that regard, I guess.
Last edited by The S on Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:54 pm

haha Sorry about that, thanks guys. Guess I should just use google/wiki more often. :P
Trans rights, now!

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:08 pm

I've played it for a year, I kinda hate it now since it's full of same old same old crap.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:35 pm

Is this like a free online game, or is it like WoW where you have to pay monthly fees?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:41 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Is this like a free online game, or is it like WoW where you have to pay monthly fees?
It's free, hence why it's swarmed by such a large percentage of the internet's idiots.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:46 pm

Ah. Is there ANY intelligent life on it, cuz if there is this looks like something I might check out.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:48 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Ah. Is there ANY intelligent life on it, cuz if there is this looks like something I might check out.
There will be when I join :wink:

..and then there won't be when I leave after this anime thing.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:22 pm

In order to obtain anything in the game, however, you need to pay real monetary units for their fictional ones.

Haseowolf
Patreon Supporter

Post by Haseowolf » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:50 pm

The S wrote:A furry is an individual who identifies themselves with an animal in an anthropomorphic nature. They are commonly, for whatever reason, seen as disturbing freaks - more so than most other sorts of fandom. And it sickens me when people insult furries based on ignorance.

.....ANNNNNNYWAY, back on topic... Second Life seems to be the new advertisement whore for events and characters and such. MySpace has some competition in that regard, I guess.
Thanks for that, The S. I too am sick of the stereotype.

On topic, yeah the models do look poopy, but Naruto doesn't look THAT bad.
[[ Saber_Breaker ]]
Want even MORE Dragon Ball podcast goodness? Check out We Gotta Podcast on Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere else you get your podcasts.