Alternate costumes (or attacks, or potara) you wanted?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

worldmonsters
Patreon Supporter

Post by worldmonsters » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:27 am

The best thing ever of course (now that we're also talking about other powerups) is to actually have potarra earrings that you can fuse any two characters with (well I guess the fusion dance'd be more specific in height and stuff, but DAMN that'd be SO awesome).

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:53 am

With regards to potara/capsules, I like how they have been moving forward in how they are used. Budokai 3's system was good and all but I hated how many slots some took. Budokai Tenkaichi 2 took it to a better place with the leveling up of certain ones. Then BT3 allowed you to purchace more slots but took to many steps back with having some use more than one slot and you still only ended up with only seven slots. And I kinda didn't like the negative effects on certain ones but I understand that they added to the strategic aspects of asigning items. I really loved that you could have more than one customication to characters at one time. But the fact that you can't make changes right before battle cut it at it's knees. They gave you a more varied item setup for different fighter/level setups but you needed to already be prepared for such. What good is a potara setup that favored team matches if you're in a one on one match (and why only have single fights online). I hope this isn't a decided change and is more of a overlooked issue.

I would like them (the developers of future titles whoever they would be) to go back to the leveling up but open it to all capsules/potaras. I noticed that a lot of the potaras from BT3 were upgrades of others. I want to be able to upgrade stat items, effect items and the amount of slots you have(really upgrade them not just up to seven but if you put enough time you could have twenty or even thirty slots or more). Give me a reason to keep playing single player more than a few weeks. This would be more in the spirit of the series than the small amount of option currently available.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

finnishjuoppo
Beyond Newbie

Post by finnishjuoppo » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:30 pm

I would like too see Goku (mid) with ussj stages, that would be awsome!
I mean that ESF has super Goku -.-
-"this is madness"
-"madness? no.. this..is.. dragonball!"

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Re: Alternate costumes you wanted?

Post by SSJmole » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:58 pm

Rocketman wrote:
SSJmole wrote:Woah weird glitch. how did my I get red in above message?
It's not a glitch. VegettoEX sometimes swoops through and fixes up posts with small grammatical mistakes. He's like Superman (Suppaman?) or something.
Oh, :oops: Can we forget I said that?

On topic. I would like a create your own fusion. If we have the earings we should be able to put them on anyone. Imagine Frieza and Cell fusing to become Cellza. Or Vegeta and Buu making Buugeta. It could be an cool feature with limitless possibilities.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Re: Alternate costumes you wanted?

Post by Rocketman » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:34 pm

SSJmole wrote:If we have the earings we should be able to put them on anyone. Imagine Freeza and Cell fusing to become Cellza. Or Vegeta and Buu making Buugeta. It could be an cool feature with limitless possibilities.
Freeza, Cell, and Buu don't have ears. And Buu doesn't need the Potara to fuse anyway.

Actually, on that note, I would like Super Buu (no absorbtions) to have a Budokai 3-type absorption attack, maybe like Gohan's alternate transformations (press R3 for Gotenks-Buu, R3Left for Gohan-Buu, R3Right for Random Absorption), and have characters like Freeza (Final), Cell (Perfect), Vegeta (End), Tien/Yamcha (for laughs), and a couple others.

Bringing in Tiencha would be cool, too, though I'm against getting stupid with the number of fusions. Every variation of fusions will need a seperate model, plus transformations, plus new moves. Tenkaichi has what, nearly a hundred characters? That's a almost a thousand models they'd have to program in just for what-if characters. Bleh.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:56 pm

Conceivably, a system could be designed such that fusion models and skins are somehow generated from their components rather than pre-made (... based on their components... Whatever... :P ). And the way attacks work in BT... it'd be easy to give fusions movelists (they just wouldn't be as ... ahem... interesting as those of the canon fusions).
.. but I don't see that happening... if they do that, they'd pretty much have everything necessary for a create-a-character mode.
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:23 pm

Potara:

Goku + Gohan = Gokhan

Goku + Tenshinhan = Tenku

Transformations:

Goku-

USSJ
USSJ2
FPSSJ

Vegeta-

USSJ

Trunks-

USSJ
USSJ2

Other Characters:

Gohan, had he been training after the Cell Games.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:35 pm

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece wrote:Goku-
FPSSJ
He...already has that. Just select his Super Saiyan form to start with and don't power down.
Vegeta-

USSJ
Has it.
Trunks-

USSJ2
Has it.
Since any character can beat any other character (ie. power levels not really matter), what would be the difference?

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:11 pm

caejones wrote:Conceivably, a system could be designed such that fusion models and skins are somehow generated from their components rather than pre-made (... based on their components... Whatever... :P ). And the way attacks work in BT... it'd be easy to give fusions movelists (they just wouldn't be as ... ahem... interesting as those of the canon fusions).
.. but I don't see that happening... if they do that, they'd pretty much have everything necessary for a create-a-character mode.

That's what I was thinking. Like say :

Goku and Future Trunks = Trunku.

Trunku is created by the following

Trunks lower body , Goku's upper body , Trunks hair but black , Goku's eyes , Trunks mouth. Either nose.

Costume colour = black

Moves : Half goku's Half trunks.

Both can reach SSJ so the fusion has SSJ too.

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:49 am

Rocketman wrote:
Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece wrote:Goku-
FPSSJ
He...already has that. Just select his Super Saiyan form to start with and don't power down.

As some costume, maybe? 'Cause there's so much they could have done with this, such as Super Kaioken, and some other form of Super Saiyan in place of his normal Super Saiyan.
Vegeta-

USSJ
Has it.

Not in a Dimps game, which is what I really want, but I guess I should have actually said that. Could have helped.
Trunks-

USSJ2
Has it.

See above.
Since any character can beat any other character (ie. power levels not really matter), what would be the difference?

I guess you're right, but I figure he would have like a completely different move set, or something.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:43 pm

Ooh, Super Kaioken, yeah, that would be nice to see.

So, Goku (Mid) SSJ - Moves he used versus Freeza and Androids, USSJ - Moves...I dunno, all he did was stand in one spot. FPSSJ - Moves he used vs Cell like Warp Kamehameha, a physical attack based on vs Pikkon, and whichever one it is that he shoots lots of energy blasts. Then Kaioken as a powerup.

finnishjuoppo
Beyond Newbie

Post by finnishjuoppo » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:46 am

Goku fpssj attacks:

1.kamehameha
2. super kaio-ken
3.warp kamehameha or super saiyan genki-dama from playdia games
-"this is madness"
-"madness? no.. this..is.. dragonball!"

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:32 am

Somehow this feels awkward, but I thought about it too much yesterday, so I guess I'll go ahead and post it. :?

... Bulma, Sparking-style (or possibly Budokai3-style with proper portage?):

Blasts: I have an idea here that is... pretty dumb... but I'll mention it anyway: I got the image of a slingshot with a rod attached, with a capsule stuck in the sling, and swinging it around causes like, grenades or something to fly out. Yeah... probably not.
Charged blast: Well, obviously this would have to be a capsule. What better to come out of it when it lands than... an exploding ball of needles? (Use your imagination to determine what said needles carry.).
Throw: ... No idea.
Charge: ... well, ... capsule house? Pleeease? It could be... cute and involve questionable noises and could explode when people blast it and might float in midair or something stupid like that...
Melee: I guess she could slap people, but ... that seems kinda lame. Though her charged strike would have to involve something like... a frying pan or something. :cry:.

(I don't like the terms 'blast1' and 'blast2', so naturally I don't remember which is which. :oops: . So until someone corrects me, I'll treat blast1 as the ps2's (l2+circle) moves, and blast2's as the only attacks that make a difference in how the fight turns out...).

Blast1:
- Piggy Piggy! (what's the Japanese on that pill she used on Oolong?). The general idea is something of an unblockable stun (that might have like, a distance restriction or something), and it probably causes people in midair to descend... the catch is that the victim would have to have received the curse in the first place (How? Another move, or perhaps with her projectiles somehow? Or perhaps as part of her throw?). And if we want to add some fun-ness, if the opponent is unaffectable... perhaps we could get some random comment from Oolong or something...?
- I have an idea that I don't like, but I'm putting it out there anyway. Instead of just having one of the heroes jump out and fight, or whipping out a mecha as an ultimate, perhaps she could use the dragon radar mid-battle and gather DBs that way? (yeah, didn't think so. Umm, we could have... someone else fly in with them and be capable of being shot down (Oolong?)). Upon getting all seven, she could summon Shenron and... what? Be healed? Summon "a boyfriend" (Yamcha or Vegeta picked at random?), or... I dunno. It could be awesome, but it still strikes me as pushing the limits of not-dumb.
- Tinyness? Using the device she gave Roshi to shrink herself temporarily, making her harder to hit (and also less capable of doing anything, other than maybe riding around on a tiny plane that can blow up...). Since Sparking/BT has a strong "Get the heck out of there to prepare an attack" element, such a technique might still be useful if it is handled well... though I have my doubts.

Blast2+Ultimate (not sure which should be which):
- Ninja PepperBomb. She'd simultaneously throw out two capsules in two different directions: one toward her opponent, and one off screen somewhere. Both would release a cloud of smoke of some kind, the connecting of which with the opponent is probably what allows the attack to continue (stunning and all that). The second cloud could randomly hit Lunch, who would sneeze into her blond form and come running in with guns blazing, probably sneezing again upon reaching the remains of the cloud around the opponent. Nevertheless, I see it being on the weak-and-useless side for obvious reasons (though the diversion factor could be apreciated?).
- Magazine Kamikaze: The attack I mentioned before, where she throws a capsule that releases a magazine of some kind near the opponent, who would probably discard it after a quick glance (This would be way more interesting if each victim had specific dialogue in response, but that's a bit muuch to ask for...), then charges at Bulma... only to find that while offscreen, she replaced herself with an exploding doll.
- Another on the lame side, but... she could ... wack people with a little scout plane or something? (This could be a more basic style attack though, considering its relative uselessness; this kind of makes me think that using the DBs to heal and summon an ally might be a decent ultimate, but that still bothers me since we already have an in-game DB engine of sorts... and it'd make no sense in story mode (though, would you even bother playing as her there without doing a DB hunt?)).

... and that's that.
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

NECPS
Beyond Newbie

Post by NECPS » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:52 am

Tenkaichi 3 has lots of costumes but it has its owns flaws, too; overall I still prefer (the?) Budokai 3 list for costumes.

I wish (for?) Kid Gohan with (a? his?) red gi for crying out loud! Man, it is even on the opening sequence, dammit!

Goku with Saiyan armor and alien armor (just those of Tenkaichi 3), but still being able to go as high as Super Saiyan 3!

And blast it, Vegeta street style from GT!

Haseowolf
Patreon Supporter

Post by Haseowolf » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:40 pm

I'd want Kid Gohan in his Goku (Saiyuki) outfit you see at the end of "Tobikiri Zenkai POWER" ending. That outfit always looked boss. Then again, have Son Goku have that outfit as well!

For moves...I always wanted Early Vegeta to have a grab/rush attack of the combo he used on Recoom. Love that little bit :D .
[[ Saber_Breaker ]]
Want even MORE Dragon Ball podcast goodness? Check out We Gotta Podcast on Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere else you get your podcasts.

Vegeta Jr
Regular

Post by Vegeta Jr » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:46 pm

Forgive me if i note down previously said costumes:

Kid Trunks: Saiyan Armour, SSJ in front of Vegeta green and yellow clothes.

Mirai Trunks: Movie 9 no Jacket with long hair look, end of Z tournament clothing (technically Kid Trunks).

Goten: Saiyan Armour.

Vegeta: Bad man get up, end of Z leather jacket and end of Z tournament clothing, also a King Vegeta outfit would pwn.

Android 17: End of Z jacket (normal costume but with jacket same as alternate GT i believe).

Android 18: Cowgirl outfit, GT short hair.

Android 16: After Cell fight (missing bit of head).

Kid Gohan: Orange Gi with sword on back (not useable), that badass getup he has with the bandanna on his head (can't remember when this is shown but it is somewhere in one of the intro's/endings).

Teen Gohan: Pre Cell games (the white chinese styled outfit).

Adult Gohan: Z Sword training/Kai uniform, Orange Star High School uniform, Saiyan Armour end of Z geeky glasses.

Kuririn: Second Broly movie Piccolo get up with turban and cape (this would be awesome)

There are more but I can't remember them :)

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:15 pm

NECPS wrote:Goku with Saiyan armor and alien armor (just those of Tenkaichi 3), but still being able to go as high as Super Saiyan 3!
He has this - Goku (End) is the one with the Saiyan armor from the Hyberbolic Time Chamber.
Vegeta Jr wrote: Vegeta: also a King Vegeta outfit would pwn.
He kinda has this. Vegeta and Vegeta (second form) [Android-Buu Sagas] have a palette-swap alternate, but one that gives his spandex and armor King Vegeta colors.
Kid Gohan: that badass getup he has with the bandanna on his head (can't remember when this is shown but it is somewhere in one of the intro's/endings)

Is the outfit a Piccolo-style? If so, I believe he has this already.

Vegeta Jr
Regular

Post by Vegeta Jr » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:32 am

Rocketman wrote:
NECPS wrote:Goku with Saiyan armor and alien armor (just those of Tenkaichi 3), but still being able to go as high as Super Saiyan 3!
He has this - Goku (End) is the one with the Saiyan armor from the Hyberbolic Time Chamber.
Vegeta Jr wrote: Vegeta: also a King Vegeta outfit would pwn.
He kinda has this. Vegeta and Vegeta (second form) [Android-Buu Sagas] have a palette-swap alternate, but one that gives his spandex and armor King Vegeta colors.
Kid Gohan: that badass getup he has with the bandanna on his head (can't remember when this is shown but it is somewhere in one of the intro's/endings)

Is the outfit a Piccolo-style? If so, I believe he has this already.
This one, it's at the end of Zenkai Power.
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87/Mj ... ndanna.jpg

Also why doesn't he have his beginning of Dragonball Z outfit with his tail and the Dragonball on his hat?

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Thu May 15, 2008 11:29 pm

There is no excusing giving Trunks a Kame gi when he never trained under Kame or anyone who did, and when he already had an alternate costume (gravity room outfit).

Also, we need Mirai Trunks's Movie 9 outift.

Android Vegeta needs BADMAN, Buu Vegeta needs the leather jacket outfit.

(Wow, I'm original...)
Trunks & Goten forever