Budokai 2 - NGC

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Endishiki
Beyond Newbie

Post by Endishiki » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:36 pm

Mugenmidget wrote:
Endishiki wrote:My copy of Budokai 2 has a DVD-ROM logo on the back. So it appears to be a DVD. Wonder why it didn't show on the site?

Also, the PS2 received a number of Dreamcast ports, which would explain the reused covers.
Well, that's be fine if it weren't stretched vertically and advertised for Dreamcast accessories like the VGA box, Jump Pack, and Arcade Stick.

And about Budokai 2 not having the logo, I'm pretty sure they're using the Budokai 1 back cover.

Now I wonder why I even posted that site.
I checked just now, and you're quite correct on all counts...

What a bunch of lazy sods, eh?
"I am an Android from the future, destined to absorb 17 and 18. ~<3"

Mugenmidget
Regular

Post by Mugenmidget » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:39 pm

Endishiki wrote:
Mugenmidget wrote:
Endishiki wrote:My copy of Budokai 2 has a DVD-ROM logo on the back. So it appears to be a DVD. Wonder why it didn't show on the site?

Also, the PS2 received a number of Dreamcast ports, which would explain the reused covers.
Well, that's be fine if it weren't stretched vertically and advertised for Dreamcast accessories like the VGA box, Jump Pack, and Arcade Stick.

And about Budokai 2 not having the logo, I'm pretty sure they're using the Budokai 1 back cover.

Now I wonder why I even posted that site.
I checked just now, and you're quite correct on all counts...

What a bunch of lazy sods, eh?
Indeed.

I hope we aren't getting too off-topic with this, but I guess we understand there are more than just DVD-ROM games for PS2 now. That said however, I'd still like to hear any contradictions to know my impressions aren't wrong.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:29 pm

I've just had a look at all the PS2 games in my house, and every single one of them is a DVD. So while I'm not going to argue that some might be on CD (like the aformentioned Marvel vs Capcom), I've never seen one.

And it's fairly pointless anyway. It's not like it affects the person buying the game whether they're using a CD or DVD.
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

Mugenmidget
Regular

Post by Mugenmidget » Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:31 pm

PsyLiam wrote:I've just had a look at all the PS2 games in my house, and every single one of them is a DVD. So while I'm not going to argue that some might be on CD (like the aformentioned Marvel vs Capcom), I've never seen one.

And it's fairly pointless anyway. It's not like it affects the person buying the game whether they're using a CD or DVD.
But it would affect the production costs.