DragonBall Symphonic Adventure (2017)

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Re: DragonBall Symphonic Adventure (2017)

Post by TheRed259 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:12 pm

https://www.facebook.com/DBSymphonicAdv ... 4701950097
Dragon Ball Symphonic Adventure Kicks Off North American Tour With Premiere Performance In Chicago!

ON SALE FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 15 @ 10AM CST

For the first time in the U.S., Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z fans will be able to experience the beloved franchise like never before! Dragon Ball Symphonic Adventure is a fully immersive concert performed live by the 60-piece World Festival Orchestra, led by acclaimed conductor Eric Roth, and featuring renowned singer 高橋洋樹 Hiroki Takahashi, original vocalist on the Dragon Ball series theme song!

https://www.facebook.com/events/484967795437684
Dragon Ball Symphonic Adventure kicks off north american tour with premiere performance in Chicago!

An Overlook Events Original Production
Presented by AWR Music Production

Tickets for the premiere performance of “Dragon Ball Symphonic Adventure” will go on sale at 10am CST on November 15, 2019 at https://www.ticketmaster.com/event/04005761CBF35313

As part of the year-long 30th anniversary celebration of “Dragon Ball Z,” Toei Animation Inc. and Sony Pictures Television’s Funimation announced today that the “Dragon Ball Symphonic Adventure,” a one-of-a-kind concert experience, is coming to North America. Produced by Overlook Events and presented by AWR Music Productions, the “Dragon Ball Symphonic Adventure” combines scenes and sounds of Dragon Ball together with live vocals, a 60-piece orchestra and the music of legendary Japanese composer Shunsuke Kikuchi to create an immersive multimedia event for fans. The North American tour of the “Dragon Ball Symphonic Adventure” kicks-off on Friday, March 27, 2020 with its premiere performance in Chicago, IL at the Rosemont Theatre featuring the World Festival Symphony Orchestra conducted by Eric Roth. Additional dates and locations to be announced.

Based on its Narrative Symphonic Experience concept, Overlook Events mixes a symphony orchestra with rock instruments, live vocals, sound effects and light synchronized to a compilation of Dragon Ball video excerpts projected on giant screens, following a strict narrative – to create the “Dragon Ball Symphonic Adventure.” The result is a concert experience that achieves a musical and technical mastery still very rare in an industry dominated by cinema-concerts.

Overlook describes their creative process: “As great enthusiasts of Akira Toriyama's saga, we spent long months carefully selecting and analyzing each scene to draw out the essence of the Dragon Ball story. While reconstructing each arc, each scene was thoughtfully set to new orchestrations of the classic music, to align with our Narrative Symphonic Experience concept. Nothing was left to chance. Now, we invite you to enjoy every minute of this concert experience, from the opening trumpet notes heralding the first transformation of Son Goku, ready to unleash his uncontrollable fury against the mighty Frieza.

G1Ravage
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by G1Ravage » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:47 am

WOW! Hope they come to New York!

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:44 pm

I almost don't wanna go to this out of fear of having to deal with the inevitable people who will be pissed it isn't the Faulconer score.
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Tournament of Power 8. 21st Budōkai 9. Broly 10. Battle of Gods 11. Boo 12. U6 Tournament 13. Freeza 14. Red Ribbon Army 15. Artificial Humans/Cell 16.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

RoarkVegeta
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by RoarkVegeta » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:12 pm

Wrote about this on Twitter but wanted to sound off here and gather some thoughts:

Do you guys think this will succeed? Is the audience big enough for more of this in the future?

Trust me, I know here and across the country people love the Kikuchi score, and really adore it. I'm absolutely one of these people. Some of those pieces by heart and they make certain scenes only feel a certain way because of the arrangement.

But we have to be the minority, yes?

I haven't been around DB fandom the past few years, but is the main audience here in the States still "DBZ was a cool show I watched on TV as a kid"? That audience knows the Falcouner score, or maybe even Kenji Yamamoto more as crazy it may sound. Hell, the Sumitomo music is probably more memorable in their mind! If you grew up in that time frame, like I did, your only outlet watching the series on TV was through the original series retaining the Kikuchi score, which is how I got hooked originally.

Did the insertion of the Kikuchi score into Kai build that much of a new audience that I'm just completely unfamiliar with?

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE that they're doing this. If they come to Texas or New York, I will drop however much they want for tickets. I'm just really shocked they did this, considering it was so much easier for them to bring it to Spain or France when they didn't have a soundtrack replacement. Just wanted to toss it out and see how you guys felt.
You can find me in the IRC chat and Discord!

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:42 pm

Whoa, boy! Finally! I hope this comes to the Pacific Northwest. I wish I had a Dragon Ball friend in real life to go with. Or a roommate or boyfriend to introduce the series to. It's otherwise too long of a series to get most people into. And with only half a year till the concert...
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

Dbzfan94
I Live Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:30 pm

PremiumSalt wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:44 pm
I almost don't wanna go to this out of fear of having to deal with the inevitable people who will be pissed it isn't the Faulconer score.
They'd be pretty stupid to not take the 5 seconds to read what they're paying for before buying tickets.