Dragon Ball Music Franchise Info.

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super 17
Regular

Dragon Ball Music Franchise Info.

Post by Super 17 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:29 am

If this isn't allowed, I understand, even though it is not illegal what I am sharing.

I am so busy, I don't have time to be doing this, but many years ago, I would have. Anyways...

As technology becomes better and better, we have more resources and more navigation. All the music recorded for anything is stored, copyrighted, reserved, etc. etc. etc. Music that is released, of course, you pay for it, you get it. Great. Amazing. Unreleased music? It all depends on the composer/publisher. If one of them is cool about it, you can get the files for free. If both say no, then we are screwed (again).

I've been in private forums, where it is possible to get all the information on where the music work is saved.

Example: Dragon Ball GT. All music work is there. The BGM. The opening and ending themes. See link below:

https://repertoire.bmi.com/Search/Searc ... h_Type=all

For BGM as an example. The first line. As you expand: You can see more info. Akihito Tokunaga's assigned artist number (IPI#) is listed and his location for DBGT (work ID #) is listed. Same with the publisher/s. Same information, but instead of calling it assigned artist, it's assigned publisher. The work ID # is the exact location of the work to be found by either Tokunaga or the publishers. In some cases, there is an international work # (ISWC #), which further helps with exact location of music between countries.

Also he has additional or the same under "DORAGON BOORU GT"

You can do the same with Dragon Ball / Z. Shunsuke Kikuchi.

A lot of unreleased music has come from the help of this. Television background music for channels like ABC, History, Nickelodeon, etc. etc. Obscured movies with awesome OST. Etc. Etc. Of course if the music is released, then no need for this because it's accessible. If the music is unreleased, you have tools to contact people by either email or telephone.

I will definitely give this a try once I have some free time (I used my only free time I had to share this). But yeah, dragon ball music fans, have at it and may we get all the unreleased music in clean recordings.

BladeXRG

Re: Dragon Ball Music Franchise Info.

Post by BladeXRG » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:53 am

Sadly that's not possible. People have been trying to contact Norihito Sumitomo to get him to release all of the Dragon Ball Kai The Final Chapters BGM, however he (just like the rest of composers would) stated that he doesn't have the rights of the tracks, and therefore he can't just give them to someone on the internet. I'm sorry but until there's an official release of the GT BGM we aren't getting those songs in their original quality.