"ShenLong is Summoned"

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ssj3Engels
Beyond Newbie

"ShenLong is Summoned"

Post by Ssj3Engels » Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:47 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7ctTQ0RQt ... 7E&index=2

Is there an alternate version of this bgm? Because I seem to recall that there was.

Any info?

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "ShenLong is Summoned"

Post by PurestEvil » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:21 pm

That track features the second ShenLong leitmotif, which was used in DB Movie 3, DBZ Movie 4, and DBZ Movie 12
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:02 pm

PurestEvil wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:21 pm That track features the second ShenLong leitmotif, which was used in DB Movie 3, DBZ Movie 4, and DBZ Movie 12
Used in DBZ Movie 11 and DBZ Movie 13 too. This is probably a variation of the first leitmotif of the Dragon Balls, so I guess this is not for Shen Long, but it became a little ambiguous as the series went on.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:37 pm

If you're talking about a alternate version of the specific track, no, at least I think, all the uses of this track in the TV Series, and the one in the movie, all sound exactly the same.

Now if you're talking about the theme, well that's Shenlong's/Dragon Ball's "second" theme as PurestEvil and Kei17 said, it's present in M656, M805, M1003 as well, M1109, M2012 and in M2104
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:43 pm

kei17 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:02 pm Used in DBZ Movie 11 and DBZ Movie 13 too. This is probably a variation of the first leitmotif of the Dragon Balls, so I guess this is not for Shen Long, but it became a little ambiguous as the series went on.
Damn thanks for the note about M1811! Never noticed it, it will help me in my huge analysis about the Kikuchi scores, I thought of just hearing a variation of it at the 2:44-3:40 mark of M1822
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

Ssj3Engels
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssj3Engels » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:04 am

Rafa Fast wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:37 pm If you're talking about a alternate version of the specific track, no, at least I think, all the uses of this track in the TV Series, and the one in the movie, all sound exactly the same.
Yes, I meant that. My memory goes a long way for certain stuff, and I remember somebody posted this BGM a decade ago in YouTube video format, and I made a comment that the version he/she posted was actually an alternate version. I can't find this video now (maybe it got deleted), but I could have sworn I posted this.

So I thought ''why not check with the Kanzenshuu guys?'' and here we are. :lol:

Ssj3Engels
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssj3Engels » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:06 am

kei17 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:02 pm
PurestEvil wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:21 pm That track features the second ShenLong leitmotif, which was used in DB Movie 3, DBZ Movie 4, and DBZ Movie 12
Used in DBZ Movie 11 and DBZ Movie 13 too. This is probably a variation of the first leitmotif of the Dragon Balls, so I guess this is not for Shen Long, but it became a little ambiguous as the series went on.
Kei, since we are here, didn't some guy steal your videos several years ago? Is his channel still up?

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:59 pm

Ssj3Engels wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:04 am
Rafa Fast wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:37 pm If you're talking about a alternate version of the specific track, no, at least I think, all the uses of this track in the TV Series, and the one in the movie, all sound exactly the same.
Yes, I meant that. My memory goes a long way for certain stuff, and I remember somebody posted this BGM a decade ago in YouTube video format, and I made a comment that the version he/she posted was actually an alternate version. I can't find this video now (maybe it got deleted), but I could have sworn I posted this.

got it, well, as I said, there are 0 evidences of this track having a alternate, not even BladeBGM (who is pretty much nowadays, the best source for the Kikuchi scores, at least imo) said anything about it, at least not yet, and now I'm curious what made you think that this track has a alternate? Back in the past I also assumed that certain tracks had alternates, like M1710, which I thought the version used in the anime was actually a alternate due to the audio quality, but it wasn't. Also, the video you referred to was probably a upload by Large/webbylarge/Poppalarge, his channel got deleted 4 years ago.

Ssj3Engels
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssj3Engels » Mon May 02, 2022 2:38 pm

Rafa Fast wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:59 pm

got it, well, as I said, there are 0 evidences of this track having a alternate, not even BladeBGM (who is pretty much nowadays, the best source for the Kikuchi scores, at least imo) said anything about it, at least not yet, and now I'm curious what made you think that this track has a alternate? Back in the past I also assumed that certain tracks had alternates, like M1710, which I thought the version used in the anime was actually a alternate due to the audio quality, but it wasn't. Also, the video you referred to was probably a upload by Large/webbylarge/Poppalarge, his channel got deleted 4 years ago.
Is that the guy who stole some videos from Kei17?

BladeXRG

Post by BladeXRG » Tue May 03, 2022 9:05 am

Ssj3Engels wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 2:38 pm

I have never stolen anything from anyone, let alone something from Kei. Now, if you were talking about Large, well I have no idea, but it's not likely.

Ssj3Engels
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssj3Engels » Wed May 18, 2022 1:42 am

BladeXRG wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 9:05 am
Ssj3Engels wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 2:38 pm

I have never stolen anything from anyone, let alone something from Kei. Now, if you were talking about Large, well I have no idea, but it's not likely.
I was not accusing anybody specifically, but I had Large in mind when I made this post/question.