General Yamamoto Rip off thread

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kei17
I Live Here

Re: General Yamamoto Rip off thread

Post by kei17 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:40 pm

matt0044 wrote:Why is this such a common thing in Japan?
Yamamoto is obivoulsy a special case, which is why he got banned from musical composition.

matt0044
Advanced Regular

Post by matt0044 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:31 am

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:38 am

Huh, interesting. I mean, that song is such a classic, how could he not have been caught for so long?
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

ThunderPX
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ThunderPX » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:56 am

I don't think you can really be "caught" in that case, as it's a traditional folk song that nobody quite knows the origin of. In other words, it isn't copyrighted. :P
I'm Rosie (she/her). My username is a chuuni holdover from nearly two decades ago :shock:

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:22 pm

Thanos before Thanos was cool.

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheAldella » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:30 am

Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Zack Snyder's Justice League
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.

damn
Beyond Newbie

Post by damn » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:09 pm

kei17 wrote:A similar thing happened with Mother 2 aka EarthBound on SNES, too. Its music had a lot of pieces inspired by the Beatles and such, which probably is the reason why it took long to be re-released in the Western market though it have been ported and re-released for several times without any problems in Japan.
Hmmm...I really don't think so
Mother 2/Earthbound(as well as the other Mother games) sampled the music...like seconds of it or so(which is very different to what Yamamoto does where most of the time he steals a huge part of the song or the whole song itself)
The Mother games got ported once before the Wii U release in Japan I believe(which was the Mother 1+2 Release for the GBA)
And I don't think that's the reason Nintendo didn't re-release it to the west earlier cuz Mother 2 not being on the Japanese Wii Virtual Console is pretty weird

Personally IMO the reason Nintendo doesn't bring the other games out of Japan is cause they just want to kill the series for some reason...and the only reason they even finally re-released Earthbound was cause the Wii U was failing pretty hard

And there's been lots of games which have sampled(or stolen) music in them that were released in the past....so I dunno
I'm not sure why Nintendo hasn't released Mother 1 and 3 outside of Japan...considering it would cost them nothing to put them in the Virtual Console...and I very much doubt it's music rights....considering the clowns that are running Nintendo right now(Iwata and Reggie) I'm not surprised though

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:39 pm

Your analysis of Nintendo is not only grossly off-base (in no rational world does Nintendo release a Virtual Console port of Earthbound with the sole purpose/hope of saving the system's sales), but is mostly irrelevant to the greater conversation here.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

TheOverlyMadHatter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOverlyMadHatter » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:04 pm

This might be a bit of a stretch, but...

Dynasty Warriors 3, The Men of Intelligence

Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit, Final Decisive Battle

Also, does anyone know what Yamamoto is up to these days? Is he still in composition?

garnetjester
Beyond Newbie

Post by garnetjester » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:13 pm

I think he's still arranging music but he doesn't compose anymore.
"Giving up is something we can do anytime, so let's head on, even if it's just a little bit!"

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:10 am

And now in the irony of ironies, a song from the Xenoverse soundtrack clearly borrows certain parts from Yamamoto's "An Elegant Early Afternoon" from the Kai soundtrack. For comparison's sake:

Xenoverse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... j5F4#t=509
Kai: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqrhS26 ... C07831FD6A
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:59 am

jjgp1112 wrote:And now in the irony of ironies, a song from the Xenoverse soundtrack clearly borrows certain parts from Yamamoto's "An Elegant Early Afternoon" from the Kai soundtrack. For comparison's sake:

Xenoverse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... j5F4#t=509
Kai: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqrhS26 ... C07831FD6A
That was in Burst Limit, which came out about a year before Kai.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

ShinGaijin
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShinGaijin » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:59 am

One month...is it necroposting ? :think:

Fuji TV aired some Kai footage with Yamamoto's music two days ago http://youtu.be/eWTMQXN-A1U?t=20s
i'm inclined to agree with Fuji TV, Kai is nothing without James Horner Kenji Yamamoto score. 8) :FANBOY:

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:44 pm

I miss Yamamoto myself. Atleast during these days Toei "cared" about Kai.

On the other note, why does Xenoverse still have some of his BGMs here and there? Seems strange.

dropper

Post by dropper » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:10 am

Did they remove Kenji's music from J Legend Biography for Nintendo 3DS? I know Super Butouden 2 for SFC was in there, not sure if he did music for any other titles included.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:07 pm

dropper wrote:Did they remove Kenji's music from J Legend Biography for Nintendo 3DS? I know Super Butouden 2 for SFC was in there, not sure if he did music for any other titles included.
It was left as-is. It's probably because the game is a domestic release.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:38 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote:
Krax wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSeldKAqM-w Toto - Stranger in Town

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al2cVwk0sv8 Cell Games Theme from Budokai
Nice find. That's so weird.
They sound almost nothing to me. But then I'm biased since it's my favorite song in Budokai so that makes me and Krax natural enemies now.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Krax

Post by Krax » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:33 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
DarkPrince_92 wrote:
Krax wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSeldKAqM-w Toto - Stranger in Town

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al2cVwk0sv8 Cell Games Theme from Budokai
Nice find. That's so weird.
They sound almost nothing to me. But then I'm biased since it's my favorite song in Budokai so that makes me and Krax natural enemies now.
It was my favorite song too :(

SuperSaiyanHedgehog
Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperSaiyanHedgehog » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:15 pm

Known as Hiltonium everywhere else.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Dragon Ball Z Kai: Yamamoto Revival (Now Completed!)
----------------------------------------------------------------
YouTube//Twitter//Ask.fm//PSN: Hiltonium//Nintendo Network: BoomBomb712//3DS Friend Code: 3652-0542-0595//Skype: PM me if you're interested

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:28 pm

Eh... I don't know about this one. Vague similarities, but both tracks sounds like a lot of things I might have heard.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92