Raging Blast 2 BGM (Synthetized Kikuchi Score)

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kei17
I Live Here

Re: Raging Blast 2 BGM (Synthetized Kikuchi Score) Download

Post by kei17 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:14 pm

linkdude20002001 wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:Did I really just hear a new version of "Battle Point Unlimited"...? The first one ever...?
Didn't Sparking! Meteor have Battle Points Unlimited??

Maybe I'm thinking of Solid State Scouter...
No, it didn't.

By the way, I noticed there are some tracks Raging Blast had but Raging Blast 2 doesn't, like M723, Gohan's training theme. In addition, some pieces are out of tune. Listen to Track 26. There is a miss at 0:37.

dbgtFO wrote:
Did I just hear Goku say "zenkai" at 0:09?
Or is it just because it means, that he has to go full throttle, which would be the same meaning like in that song?
He says "Yooshi, hana kkara zenkai de tobasa nee to na.", which means "Well, I gotta go at full throttle from the start."

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:16 pm

linkdude20002001 wrote:That's the only meaning.
Really?
I took a look at Julian's translation for the infamous song: http://www.daizex.com/multimedia/lyrics ... power.html where his wording make it sound like that "zenkai" does have different meanings...
kei17 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:
Did I just hear Goku say "zenkai" at 0:09?
Or is it just because it means, that he has to go full throttle, which would be the same meaning like in that song?
He says "Yooshi, hana kkara zenkai de tobasa nee to na.", which means "Well, I gotta go at full throttle from the start."
I'd figure as much, since it seems to be just like the scene in the manga(only difference being in the manga he says the line while in regular SSJ).

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:22 pm

So the original Raging Blast came out in 2009, it's now 2011. I'm surprised this was overlooked for such a long time.

You'd think Namdai would release the Japanese tracks as DLC instead of just customized character packs. :roll:
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:29 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
linkdude20002001 wrote:That's the only meaning.
Really?
I took a look at Julian's translation for the infamous song: http://www.daizex.com/multimedia/lyrics ... power.html where his wording make it sound like that "zenkai" does have different meanings...
zenkai (全開, ぜんかい) means fully open, full blast, and full throttle. There are some homonyms such as 前回 (last time), 全快 (complete cure), 全壊 (total collapse), 全階 (all floors), et cetera.

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:33 pm

dbgtFO wrote:Really?
[Full-force and Full throttle have the same meaning.
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:04 pm

kei17 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Really?
zenkai (全開, ぜんかい) means fully open, full blast, and full throttle. There are some homonyms such as 前回 (last time), 全快 (complete cure), 全壊 (total collapse), 全階 (all floors), et cetera.
Thanks.
linkdude20002001 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:Really?
[Full-force and Full throttle have the same meaning.
I was referring to this line:
“Zenkai,” for the purposes of this song,"

Son Wukong
Regular

Post by Son Wukong » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:05 pm

AgitoZ wrote:So the original Raging Blast came out in 2009, it's now 2011. I'm surprised this was overlooked for such a long time.

You'd think Namdai would release the Japanese tracks as DLC instead of just customized character packs. :roll:
Now I'm really confused. These BGM are from RB2 only right? Cause the cover of RB1 is shown during playback (which is the source of my confusion).

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:13 pm

Known about these/had these on my iPod for months.
Thought everyone knew about this? I even mentioned it in the Raging Blast 2 thread at one point. :?

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:07 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Wooooooooow. What a huge difference it makes. Sad Mike.

Hmmm... I wonder if the Asian English-language version has the replacement or original score...? Not willing to spend $50 to find out :P.
I have that version! And no, I don't think so....

Flamzeron
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Flamzeron » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:13 am

I'm literally listening to the new Solid State Scouter as I'm posting this. Epic.

By the way, what track is Battle Point Unlimited?

EDIT - Nevermind, found it.

theoriginalbilis
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by theoriginalbilis » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:23 pm

I like the fact that the Japanese release does retain the Sparking!-ized Kikuchi music, but it's not enough for me to buy a Japanese copy of a game. Luckily, I have my own customized Kikuchi playlist just for my Xbox 360. The actual music to the show really does help the experience of the game, even though the new music composed for the games isn't half bad either.

It really will be interesting to see what the upcoming RB2 soundtrack will contain... maybe music from Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans?
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

PuppetDoctor
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PuppetDoctor » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:44 pm

Wow, the new Solid State Scouter sounds freaking awesome. I just wish it was a bit longer.

ThunderPX
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ThunderPX » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:29 am

Solid State Scouter sounds pretty great, but some of the orchestral tracks haven't come out so great, if you ask me. If they really had to use synthesizers instead of a real orchestra, they should've taken the chance to do a more outright electronic take on the score instead of trying to imitate the original instruments. Granted, some tracks make the transition a little better than others, but still... ehhh.

EDIT: Damn, I just watched that video of gameplay footage with this BGM. Wow, it makes such a huge difference it's not even funny.
I'm Rosie (she/her). My username is a chuuni holdover from nearly two decades ago :shock:

AoiKageNoChikara
Beyond Newbie

Post by AoiKageNoChikara » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:00 pm

Wozers Lotsa comments!! :shock:
VegettoEX wrote:I guess it was because we actually got it a week earlier... but... I never bothered to do any research into the Japanese release of the game.

I... just... I don't... what...

Did I really just hear a new version of "Battle Point Unlimited"...? The first one ever...? Am I about to import the Japanese version of the game and play through it again...?

Did anyone pick up the JP release and wanna confirm this stuff for us? God, I feel lame...

(Makes me really psyched for the OST release, though...)
Well, there's nothing to blame! most of us didn't even know! I guess the fact that we finally got Japanese Intros Since Sparking Meteor and Burst Limit Fooled us completely :roll:

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:10 pm

And near as I can tell, Burst Limit didn't have a replaced soundtrack, either (since I did indeed recognize the stuff on the soundtrack from playing the American release of the game).

So since this also happened back with the Sparking! games, there's one of two situations I see going on here: (1) Namco-Bandai really has no fucking faith in non-Japanese audiences for accepting the score that most of the world got for the series anyway, or (2) there's some kind of licensing issue with that score, which is why it's replaced outside Japan... but why would there be issues in a game when there isn't with the TV series, itself?

Blargh.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:31 am

VegettoEX wrote:So since this also happened back with the Sparking! games, there's one of two situations I see going on here: (1) Namco-Bandai really has no fucking faith in non-Japanese audiences for accepting the score that most of the world got for the series anyway, or (2) there's some kind of licensing issue with that score, which is why it's replaced outside Japan... but why would there be issues in a game when there isn't with the TV series, itself?

Blargh.
Both are the very reasons, and the second one is the biggest cause. In Japan, there is a crazy association named JASRAC, which is called "copyright yakuza".

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:43 am

This game becomes a lot more appetizing with the Kikuchi score. O_O

That clip with ssj3 Goku vs Buu was really nice! I liked having Vegeta's "Number #1" speech in there.
Also really makes me want to see Kai do the Buu arc.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:54 am

I just love the jazziness of this version of "Saikyo no Fusion"(DBZ Movie 12 ending theme) and "Unmei no hi"(Gohan's "SSJ 2 theme"). Really well done!

SsjRavi

Post by SsjRavi » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:03 pm

UNMEI NO HI... SOUNDS SOOO DAMN GOOOD!!!!

I might buy raging blast 2 as soon as my finals are over, i just wanted to ask does the game offer custom songs like in raging blast 1?
If that's the case i can buy the PAL version and listen to Kikuchi's score from my PS3 :D
"No. A sword is a weapon. Kenjutsu is the art of killing. Whatever pretty words you use to speak of it, this is its true nature. What Miss Kaoru says are the words of one who has never dirtied her hands. An idealistic joke. But, I like Miss Kaoru's idealism better than its true nature. If one can ask so much, I want the world to accept this joke as its true nature."
- Himura Kenshin

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:22 pm

SsjRavi wrote:UNMEI NO HI... SOUNDS SOOO DAMN GOOOD!!!!

I might buy raging blast 2 as soon as my finals are over, i just wanted to ask does the game offer custom songs like in raging blast 1?
If that's the case i can buy the PAL version and listen to Kikuchi's score from my PS3 :D
But, the "Kikuchi" score is only available in the Japanese version.