US SSJ 3 Theme

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

US SSJ 3 Theme

Post by songohan619 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:07 am

Shnuki
Beyond Newbie

Re: US SSJ 3 Theme

Post by Shnuki » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:09 am

Most people seems to like this track. I've seen some opinions from folks who doesn't really like Faulconer's score, that this was actually good, so I've looked up the clip, where Goku goes Super Saiyan 3. And... I really don't know what's so special about this. I think this track is overrated.

cRookie_Monster
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by cRookie_Monster » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:05 pm

Good theme. If you like it, you owe Julius Dobos a visit to his website:
http://www.juliusdobos.com/

(if only Mike had a site I could point people to =\ )
- Scott
http://morganstudios.com

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:28 pm

I liked it a lot more when I was a dubbie.
For some reason, I started looking at the show differently when I became accustomed to the original, and the effect of the track just wore off on me.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:42 am

Superb track. Incomparably better than what was played in the original IMO. It really exemplifies why the Boo saga had the best music.

Codarik
Advanced Regular

Post by Codarik » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:28 pm

I think the Super Saiyan 3 theme is the most popular of all Faulconer Productions music. Julius Dobos deserves more recognition from the fanbase.

CatouttaHell
Advanced Regular

Post by CatouttaHell » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:09 am

Rory wrote:I liked it a lot more when I was a dubbie.
For some reason, I started looking at the show differently when I became accustomed to the original, and the effect of the track just wore off on me.
Same here. I like the original BGM that played way more personally.

It's just way more fitting for the situation. A cheerful song doesn't fit that well for a crazy new transformation that is breaking the whole planet apart and forcing Kaio-sama to yell at Goku for him to stop it immediately.

It's the same with the Faulconer original SSjin transformation theme which I personally still like. It's a great track it just doesn't fit where it's used.
Rocketman wrote:Where you born unable to understand jokes or is this the result of years of hard training?

cRookie_Monster
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by cRookie_Monster » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:05 pm

Yeah I remember watching the final version of SSJ1 and thinking...man...no anger? The hair hits (sound effect) are nice though. When he's fully transformed, the synth guitar thing gave a nice power sound, but I know that's a problem a lot of you have with the music saying it's superficial.

That's one scene I've actually considered rescoring just for the hell of it. Would sound a lot different. The Japanese score goes dark there, but meh, didn't really like the way they did it. It just left me flat.
- Scott

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:58 pm

No anger? What do you mean? I thought the guitars were supposed to represent anger. That's why that pure gentle sound is playing throughout the song, to represent Goku's purity, then when the guitars come in, it's being contrasted to the pure sound to represent the anger and corruption that fills the heart of a Super Saiyan. Therefore, it represents the struggle between Goku's good nature, and the violent nature that the Super Saiyan transformation imposes on someone (Goku: "Go now! Before I lose all sense of reason!"). At least, that was the theory of one Youtube commentor on the song, which I've always really liked. I suppose the guitar isn't integral enough to the song for that theory to really go unchallenged, but, that's the way I've always liked to think of it.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

cRookie_Monster
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by cRookie_Monster » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:02 am

I meant during the build up section when he's going through all that torment. The music there is a bit peaceful. The guitar doesn't really get strong until he's practically transformed, which to me is after he's already been through the rage struggle and actually reached more of an inner peace. I probably would have gone angrier\tenser from the beginning of the scene building up rage(using strings and piano) until it explodes on the shot of him engulfed in Ki. And at the point I probably would have relaxed the anger into something more resolved and noble sounding. Probably actually ending up in a similar mood to Mike's arrangement at the end of the sequence where he's telling Gohan to leave.
- Scott

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:10 pm

One place in the series that signs, seals, and stamps the opinion that Kikuchi's score works better in Dragonball. Having heard the Falconer track first, there were a few scenes I knew I would have to give the original score a pass simply because Kikuchi's music would never seem intense enough- (EDIT: Not because of putting the Falconer score on a particular pedestal, as it usually had placement issues, but for the scene's own value). I can't give that grace here, and I probably won't whenever I buy DBox 6, either.
Last edited by BlazingFiddlesticks on Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

Coycoy88
Beyond Newbie

Post by Coycoy88 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:51 am

I actually liked the SSJ3 theme. Though, it would of been interesting to of heard it played using a real guitar instead of synthesized one. Same for the Super Buu theme.
My Youtube account (Coycoy88)

I primarily rip and upload unreleased Faulconer Productions music, as well as some other American dub music.

Akumaito Beam
Regular

Post by Akumaito Beam » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:53 pm

I think it's pretty cool. I feel the dub music is strongest during intense scenes like this.

Satan-Sama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Satan-Sama » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:46 pm

I really do love this track and especially when it is played Goku is killing Kid Buu with the Spirit Bomb.
KRILLIN'S IN DA HOUSE!
AND HE IS LOOKING MONDO COOL!
SO DON'T BE CRAMPIN' HIS STYLE!