ZARD & FIELD OF VIEW - "DAN DAN Kokoro Hikareteku" (Live)

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZfan29
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

ZARD & FIELD OF VIEW - "DAN DAN Kokoro Hikareteku" (Live)

Post by DBZfan29 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:12 pm

As you may know, Izumi Sakai died in 2007 and since then, a live band has toured parts of Japan performing some of her biggest hits as ZARD. Her presence is felt with her mic and chair being set up on the center of the stage, as well as her original vocals and footage of her being played during each song. The final show was held on May 29 this year and celebrated ZARD's twentieth anniversary. The concert was just released on DVD on Wednesday. I was lucky enough to receive mine yesterday and absolutely love every minute of the show. It's truly a "beautiful memory."

You're probably thinking to yourself, what's this really got to do with Dragon Ball? Well, many guests appeared during the show, including FIELD OF VIEW vocalist Yuuya Asaoka and doa member Akihito Tokunaga. DEEN's Shuuichi Ikemori even joined the band in 2009 to perform a bit of his band's single, "Hitomi Sorasanaide." These names are familiar, right? They're all involved in GT. Asaoka jumped on stage (well, not really, but he was jumping up and down; he seems like a very energetic person) to sing "Kimi ga Ita Kara," "Totsuzen," and "DAN DAN Kokoro Hikareteku." He only sang lead in the first song, but it's still great to see so many Dragon Ball names in one night. Here's the audio from the "DAN DAN" performance. Enjoy!

"Don't you see!" was also performed later in the show and if anyone's interested, I'd be happy to post a link for that, as well, if it's allowed.
An interviewer asks, "The soundtrack in Sonic 3 has become legendary. Is it true that you worked with Michael Jackson on it?" Takashi Iizuka kills all of our hopes and dreams by replying, "You know, those are just rumors, and SEGA does not want to say anything about them. So they will forever be just rumors..." WHY!?

Dan Corson

Re: ZARD & FIELD OF VIEW - "DAN DAN Kokoro Hikareteku" (Live

Post by Dan Corson » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:08 am

Thank you very much for that! Christ, the GT songs were wonderful. :D

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:29 pm

Thanks a lot, that's really cool. I love these artists. Do you think you could post Don't You See! and Kimi ga Ita Kara? If that is okay, of course.
Trans rights, now!

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:38 pm

That's really neat and I'd really enjoy if you posted other related songs. And if it's not too much trouble could you possibly post some clips of it?
If you're not here soon... GET ON!