New Interview with Mark Menza - Composer of Dragon Ball GT

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DerekPadula
Regular

Re: New Interview with Mark Menza - Composer of Dragon Ball

Post by DerekPadula » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:00 pm

Thanks, I'm glad you liked the interview.

It certainly does seem silly that they haven't capitalized on their original scores. It doesn't take much effort to submit it to the iTunes store, the Amazon store, and wherever else downloadable music can be sold.
Author of Dragon Ball Culture and the It's Over 9,000! book: https://thedaoofdragonball.com/books and The Dao of Dragon Ball website: https://thedaoofdragonball.com/blog

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:27 am

I wish I could say something nice about the American GT score but I really can't. I like some of his work on the films though.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

cRookie_Monster
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by cRookie_Monster » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:02 pm

DerekPadula wrote:Thanks, I'm glad you liked the interview.

It certainly does seem silly that they haven't capitalized on their original scores. It doesn't take much effort to submit it to the iTunes store, the Amazon store, and wherever else downloadable music can be sold.
Submitting to iTunes is easy, it's the licensing mess with Funimation that's a *&^#$ to work out. I watched Bruce go through it, it about drove him nuts. And that was before the lawsuit stuff...I missed all that completely.
- Scott
http://morganstudios.com

MuffinButton

Post by MuffinButton » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:50 pm

cRookie_Monster wrote:

Submitting to iTunes is easy, it's the licensing mess with Funimation that's a *&^#$ to work out. I watched Bruce go through it, it about drove him nuts. And that was before the lawsuit stuff...I missed all that completely.
Interesting. Is there a preferred email address or other method to contact FUNimation to express appreciation for Menza's work on the movies and request some sort of digital release?

GS7X7
Advanced Regular

Post by GS7X7 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:59 pm

cRookie_Monster wrote:

What was the deal with Bruce and lawsuits anyway? I heard something about that way back in the day (like 2003 or 2004) but was never sure what it was all about.
Sean Schemmel is THE MAN! :)

Me- "Also, before anyone mentions it, Schemmel's interview was from nearly 15 years ago. He paid a brief visit to Kanzenshuu's forums a few years back and earned legendary respect that cancels out anything he said from that long ago. :D"

VenomSymbiote
Patreon Supporter

Post by VenomSymbiote » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:22 pm

MuffinButton wrote:
cRookie_Monster wrote:

Interesting. Is there a preferred email address or other method to contact FUNimation to express appreciation for Menza's work on the movies and request some sort of digital release?
I'd be on board with this. A lot of the dub music is worth releasing, I think- but we need FUNimation to know that we would be willing to buy it. From somewhere.

GS7X7
Advanced Regular

Post by GS7X7 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:28 pm

When Gods comes out, that'd be a good time to push new merchandise and cash in on nostalgia.
Sean Schemmel is THE MAN! :)

Me- "Also, before anyone mentions it, Schemmel's interview was from nearly 15 years ago. He paid a brief visit to Kanzenshuu's forums a few years back and earned legendary respect that cancels out anything he said from that long ago. :D"