My review of Cha-La-Head-Cha-La 2005

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

My review of Cha-La-Head-Cha-La 2005

Post by Sun_Wukong » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:37 am

Well I got this yesterday, through um, other means, so I figured I should do a review.

CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA (2005 ver.)
-This version sounds a lot like the instrumental version used in the Budokai games. I'm not sure if its the exact song, but its almost identical. Now Hironobu Kageyama is by no means terrible in any of the songs, but the backup chorus he uses I found to be pretty damn annoying. This was probably my least favorite of the songs. It just doesnt have that same hook that the original did.

WE GOTTA POWER (2005 ver.)
This was definately the better of the two 2005 versions. But again, the backup chorus singers ruined it for me. But all in all everything fit together better in this one. The guitar riffs just sounded more appropriate for this one. Couldve done without the solos in both of em.

CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA (DJ Dr.Knob Remix)
Now this is a techno remix of the song. A bad remix I might add. This is probably the worst song on the CD. It could be that I just dont like techno. I dont know, I just think it was a poor attempt at remixing the song.

WE GOTTA POWER (Yuki Nakano Remix)
Now this remix is slightly better. It reminds me a lot of the group Two-Mix. For some reason, the techno didnt bother me as much on this song.

CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA (mobi[le-re]make version)
This song I liked. Its pretty much a dead on remake of the original song. It could be the same song, who knows. Towards the end it does get a bit different though. It ends up being a pretty good attempt of remixing the song. All in all it actually works for me better than the DJ Dr.Knob version.

-WE GOTTA POWER (2005 ver. Instrumental)
-CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA (2005 ver. Instrumental)
The next two are a combined review because well, they're instrumentals. So since i liked the WE GOTTA POWER 2005 version better, I obviously liked the instrumental version better. There's nothing really more I can say about these two.

All in all this is a fun CD. Id say pick this up if youre a fan of the original songs or just a fan of Hironobu Kageyama

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:54 pm

:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::