Found what I think is a DB song, but lyrics aren't listed

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

tealsmith
Beyond Newbie

Found what I think is a DB song, but lyrics aren't listed

Post by tealsmith » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:00 pm

When I was surfing the net earlier, I came across a song that was labelled a Japanese DBZ song called 'Fight Oh Fighting Road'. Naturally, I downloaded it and listened. It certainly sounds like a song from the series, and the singer is, as far as I can tell, Hironobu Kageyama (that's the guy who sings most of the DBZ songs, right?). However, when I look through the Lyrics guide on the site, I can't seem to find the song listed anywhere.

Anybody have any idea what I'm talking about?
"My heart, it ceases. My breath, undrawn. My eyes forever focussed - on the sanguine metal dawn." - Caduca, Thief II: The Metal Age

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:22 pm

Yep that's a DBZ song. More specifically, it's one of the image songs on DBZ Hits Collection 16. And you can now get it also on DBZ Complete Song Collection Volume 4. It is indeed sung by Hironobu Kageyama who is the singer of the majority of the songs, though not the only one. There is also Shin'ichi Ishihara, KUKO, and YUKA(Yuka Sato), who sing quite a number of them too.

And there are many songs you won't find on the lyrics page since DB has had tons and tons of songs made! Poor Julian doesn't have time to do them all! :P You'll have better luck with that sort of thing in the site's Music Database where Mike and Julian have all the CDs and their tracks listed in Japanese and English. Pretty snazzy I know! :D

http://www.daizex.com/multimedia/music/
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

tealsmith
Beyond Newbie

Post by tealsmith » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:59 pm

Jerseymilk wrote:Yep that's a DBZ song. More specifically, it's one of the image songs on DBZ Hits Collection 16. And you can now get it also on DBZ Complete Song Collection Volume 4. It is indeed sung by Hironobu Kageyama who is the singer of the majority of the songs, though not the only one. There is also Shin'ichi Ishihara, KUKO, and YUKA(Yuka Sato), who sing quite a number of them too.

And there are many songs you won't find on the lyrics page since DB has had tons and tons of songs made! Poor Julian doesn't have time to do them all! :P You'll have better luck with that sort of thing in the site's Music Database where Mike and Julian have all the CDs and their tracks listed in Japanese and English. Pretty snazzy I know! :D

http://www.daizex.com/multimedia/music/
I know he's the singer of the majority of the songs. I still remember the first time I heard his voice. Scared the crap out of me, it was so weird compared to most other anime singing I'd heard :P

Anyways, I've never known exactly how many vocal songs were made for DB and DBZ. I certainly knew all the songs weren't on there (I know some Canadian dub songs that aren't ther for example).

I also knew about the music database, and it IS quite snazzy :P
"My heart, it ceases. My breath, undrawn. My eyes forever focussed - on the sanguine metal dawn." - Caduca, Thief II: The Metal Age

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:22 pm

tealsmith wrote:Anyways, I've never known exactly how many vocal songs were made for DB and DBZ.
There's this that we never finished... should answer your questions.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Son Goku
Regular

Post by Son Goku » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:25 pm

Sorry this is offtopic, but I've just been wondering. What was movie 13's opening theme song?

You know, just wondering.
I also go by "veemonjosh".

tealsmith
Beyond Newbie

Post by tealsmith » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:21 pm

Son Goku wrote:Sorry this is offtopic, but I've just been wondering. What was movie 13's opening theme song?

As far as I remember, Movie 13 didn't even have an opening, did it?

I just remembering going from the Toei opening the Gohan stopping the robbers.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:39 pm

Ya, it just played the credits during the opening scene.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Tenka-Ichi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tenka-Ichi » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:06 pm

tealsmith wrote:
Son Goku wrote:Sorry this is offtopic, but I've just been wondering. What was movie 13's opening theme song?

Nope it starts with the Toei opening, then the scene where tapion's little brother gets killed, Then the title, then the scene where Gohan stops the robbers with the credits on top.

tealsmith
Beyond Newbie

Post by tealsmith » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:28 pm

Tenka-Ichi wrote:
tealsmith wrote:

Nope it starts with the Toei opening, then the scene where tapion's little brother gets killed, Then the title, then the scene where Gohan stops the robbers with the credits on top.
Oh yeah, forgot about Tapion's little brother.

"Oh no giant Hildegarn foot, please don't step on me!"