Image Songs as Opening Songs...?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Milton
Patreon Supporter

Image Songs as Opening Songs...?

Post by Milton » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:08 pm

The other day I was listening to some of the early image songs (Moero! Dragon Soldiers and Aitsu wa Son Goku) and had a thought. Given that both of these songs were on the first Hit Song Collection CD, do you guys think it's possible that these songs (and maybe a few more from it) were, at the time, in the running to be the opening theme to Dragon Ball Z? They both have a feeling and sound to them that sort of goes with the theme of the series (particularly Dragon Soldiers). It's a scary thing to imagine, I know, given how great Hironobu Kageyama is, but I've often wondered about how it would be if Kageyama-sama never became a part of the series if Cha-La was never chosen as the opening.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Re: Image Songs as Opening Songs...?

Post by SSj_Rambo » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:51 am

Ya, I could see Aitsu wa Son Goku having been used, almost as an ending as well. I guess it would have just resulted in a different song getting countless covers for decades to come. But I do feel that Cha-La does lend itself to a better dramatic live performance, and that is what makes it the best in my opinion.

Super 17
Regular

Post by Super 17 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:07 am

SSj_Rambo wrote:Ya, I could see Aitsu wa Son Goku having been used, almost as an ending as well.
Aitsu wa Son Goku is a great song. I really wish they would of put this song as an insert song somewhere in the series, probably just as he's about to fight Androids 19 and 20, but this song has more of a more early DBZ feel. It could of also worked good as an ending song. I'd be epic, BUT, the song is about Goku, and since Gohan is a new character in DBZ and a very important one, I feel like that's why Zenkai Power was chosen to fit the ending better, but Aitsu was Son Goku is the better song in my opinion.

Commander_Red
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Commander_Red » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:10 am

Space People DBZ as a Namek saga opening.

.... :lol: