What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Want to identify a music cue from the anime? Go here!

Post by B » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:45 pm

Thanks, that helped. Not sure what I was doing last night. It was late.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

cRookie_Monster
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by cRookie_Monster » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:23 pm

Ack, someone mentioned the Faulconer score and I got confused. Deleting my post. This is about the Japanese score :)
- Scott
http://morganstudios.com

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:52 am

Dude, I have to say that this site of yours has been an effing godsend for the project I'm currently working on. Over eight thousand internets now belong to you!
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

DonZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DonZ » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:03 pm

The page doesn't work anymore :(
i need to know a soundtrack title ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7zGoCcaA8E
0:00-0:20

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:24 pm

DonZ wrote:The page doesn't work anymore :(

That's odd, I just checked and it works just fine for me. Try it again. (Though unfortunately I don't have a documentation for Kikuchi-Kai. Just the original stuff and all but the last couple of episodes of Yamamoto-Kai.)

Anyway, what you're looking for is M1623, the cue from Movie 9 where Gohan goes Super Saiyan 2 after Goku leaves. It can be found either on the 5-disc Daizenshuu set (disc 5, track 15, part F) or the BGM Collection (disc 2, track 14, part F).
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

Storm
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Storm » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:37 pm

I've been waiting to hear this tune again in my rewatch so I could pop the question:

Near the end of episode 66 of DBZ (around the 21:30 mark), when Vegeta talks about Goku's attack on Reacoom while it's shown again in slow-motion flashback, a song plays until the credits roll.

DonZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DonZ » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:09 pm

kenisu3000 wrote:
DonZ wrote:The page doesn't work anymore :(

That's odd, I just checked and it works just fine for me. Try it again. (Though unfortunately I don't have a documentation for Kikuchi-Kai. Just the original stuff and all but the last couple of episodes of Yamamoto-Kai.)

Anyway, what you're looking for is M1623, the cue from Movie 9 where Gohan goes Super Saiyan 2 after Goku leaves. It can be found either on the 5-disc Daizenshuu set (disc 5, track 15, part F) or the BGM Collection (disc 2, track 14, part F).
I tried again, again and again, it's just won't work!
anyway, thanks for the help!

DonZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DonZ » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:09 pm

Storm wrote:I've been waiting to hear this tune again in my rewatch so I could pop the question:

Near the end of episode 66 of DBZ (around the 21:30 mark), when Vegeta talks about Goku's attack on Reacoom while it's shown again in slow-motion flashback, a song plays until the credits roll.
That Soundtrack was epic as hell!
my favorite Soundtrack in the series. i watched that scene like 50 times maybe :lol: i frogot it name, hope someone can help.

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:25 pm

Storm wrote:I've been waiting to hear this tune again in my rewatch so I could pop the question:

That's M922, from the second DBZ movie. It's on the 5-disc set (disc 5, track 8, part C) and the BGM Collection (disc 1, track 19, part C). For future reference, you can just check my site.
DonZ wrote:I tried again, again and again, it's just won't work!
Huh. That is weird, considering the site still works just fine for me.
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

DonZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DonZ » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:02 pm

Ok this may sound weird or hard to find, but i want you to give me some scenes where the M922 BGM was on, from any episode .. other than the one in Episode 66. if it was too hard for you, don't do it, it's up to you :)
i can find it by your website, which helped me a lot before two months. but it doesn't work for me anymore and it looks like the problem with my browser.

Storm
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Storm » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:23 pm

kenisu3000 wrote:That's M922, from the second DBZ movie. It's on the 5-disc set (disc 5, track 8, part C) and the BGM Collection (disc 1, track 19, part C). For future reference, you can just check my site.
Thanks! Added to bookmarks. Though I'm surprised it's from movie 2, I remember it distinctly originating on Namek.

DonZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DonZ » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:36 pm

Ok, i need a help with another BGM, what's the title of the soundtrack that played when Goku died (1st time) in the original Japanese dub in Dragon Ball Z episode 5 ? it played around the minute 19:16

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:50 pm

DonZ wrote:Ok, i need a help with another BGM, what's the title of the soundtrack that played when Goku died (1st time) in the original Japanese dub in Dragon Ball Z episode 5 ? it played around the minute 19:16
I'm guessing you mean the music when the gang realizes Goku's dead (before the scene with Nappa and Vegeta, not the scene after that, when his body disappears). That's the last few seconds of M201 (d5:2(a)), the opening cue from the first DragonBall movie.
DonZ wrote:Ok this may sound weird or hard to find, but i want you to give me some scenes where the M922 BGM was on, from any episode .. other than the one in Episode 66. if it was too hard for you, don't do it, it's up to you :)
i can find it by your website, which helped me a lot before two months. but it doesn't work for me anymore and it looks like the problem with my browser.
Well, a CTRL+F search of my site brought up a whole mess of episodes: 47, 48, 49, 50, 52, 58, 61, 65, 66, 70, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 88, 91, 96, 101, 102, 103, 118, 132, 175, and 232. Twenty-seven episodes! The scene descriptions sometimes aren't all that helpful out of context, but a few notable scenes are:
  • - Freeza threatening to kill the children in that Namek village in episode 47
    - Dodoria telling Vegeta what really caused the explosion of his home planet in episode 49
    - Freeza detecting three Namekians left on the planet (after realizing he has to wheedle the password out of someone) in episode 65
    - The filler scene in episode 70 where Ginyu loses his mind over Goku's power level being so high
    - Freeza starting to punch Vegeta in the back, toward the end of episode 85
    - Freeza trapping Goku inside a bubble in episode 88
    - Freeza holding Goku's head underwater with his foot (just before he passes out) in episode 91
    - The beginning of episode 96, where Freeza wonders what Goku's new Super Saiyan transformation is and what it means
    - Dr. Gero realizes that the heroes know where his laboratory is in episode 132
    - And of course the scene in Movie 2 it was written for, where Dr. Uiro emerges from the wall and Dr. Kochin falls down that shaft and "dies".
Storm wrote:Though I'm surprised it's from movie 2, I remember it distinctly originating on Namek.
Well, as you can see above, it's pretty much a staple cue during the Namek arc. Movie 2 came out a few weeks before Kuririn, Gohan and Bulma landed on the real Namek in the episodes, so it makes sense that they'd want to get as much use as they could out of the cue from the big turning-point scene in one of their latest movies.

DonZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DonZ » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:59 pm

kenisu3000 wrote:
DonZ wrote:Ok, i need a help with another BGM, what's the title of the soundtrack that played when Goku died (1st time) in the original Japanese dub in Dragon Ball Z episode 5 ? it played around the minute 19:16
I'm guessing you mean the music when the gang realizes Goku's dead (before the scene with Nappa and Vegeta, not the scene after that, when his body disappears). That's the last few seconds of M201 (d5:2(a)), the opening cue from the first DragonBall movie.
DonZ wrote:Ok this may sound weird or hard to find, but i want you to give me some scenes where the M922 BGM was on, from any episode .. other than the one in Episode 66. if it was too hard for you, don't do it, it's up to you :)
Well, a CTRL+F search of my site brought up a whole mess of episodes: 47, 48, 49, 50, 52, 58, 61, 65, 66, 70, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 88, 91, 96, 101, 102, 103, 118, 132, 175, and 232. Twenty-seven episodes! The scene descriptions sometimes aren't all that helpful out of context, but a few notable scenes are:
  • - Freeza threatening to kill the children in that Namek village in episode 47
    - Dodoria telling Vegeta what really caused the explosion of his home planet in episode 49
    - Freeza detecting three Namekians left on the planet (after realizing he has to wheedle the password out of someone) in episode 65
    - The filler scene in episode 70 where Ginyu loses his mind over Goku's power level being so high
    - Freeza starting to punch Vegeta in the back, toward the end of episode 85
    - Freeza trapping Goku inside a bubble in episode 88
    - Freeza holding Goku's head underwater with his foot (just before he passes out) in episode 91
    - The beginning of episode 96, where Freeza wonders what Goku's new Super Saiyan transformation is and what it means
    - Dr. Gero realizes that the heroes know where his laboratory is in episode 132
    - And of course the scene in Movie 2 it was written for, where Dr. Uiro emerges from the wall and Dr. Kochin falls down that shaft and "dies".
Storm wrote:Though I'm surprised it's from movie 2, I remember it distinctly originating on Namek.
Well, as you can see above, it's pretty much a staple cue during the Namek arc. Movie 2 came out a few weeks before Kuririn, Gohan and Bulma landed on the real Namek in the episodes, so it makes sense that they'd want to get as much use as they could out of the cue from the big turning-point scene in one of their latest movies.
Thanks!
your website is really really helpful.

but i actually meant the scene AFTER Vegeta and Nappa scene. when his body dissapear. it's a sad theme.

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:54 pm

DonZ wrote:i actually meant the scene AFTER Vegeta and Nappa scene. when his body dissapear. it's a sad theme.
In that case, you're after M512 (d2:22(c)), from the original DragonBall TV series.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:40 pm

DBZ Unreleased OST - Stand-off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTbbsx_Abww

Not sure if anyone posted it. But there you go

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:46 pm

I've already posted a better version.

http://yahoo.jp/box/x5nDjo

Kojiro Sasaki
Banned

Post by Kojiro Sasaki » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:22 pm

kei17 wrote:I've already posted a better version.

http://yahoo.jp/box/x5nDjo
From where did you get the M-number? (It's easy to find out that this is M300 series - I mean last two digits)

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:59 am

Yeah, YouTube user Mugiwalaarge made a rip of it a while back as well. kei17, your rip sounds great! I wonder how much more you have! :wink:

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:27 am

SSj_Rambo wrote:I wonder how much more you have! :wink:
*Removed*
Last edited by kei17 on Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.