What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5150
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:21 pm
Location: Munciana

Re: What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Post by Big Momma » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:02 pm

That site is incredibly helpful. I was wondering one thing about the GT tracks. And, sorry if this has been asked before, but how did you get the track titles? IIRC, (most? none?) of GT's soundtrack was officially released.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog
Want to join the (Un)Official Kanzenshuu Discord Server?~Click Here~

User avatar
kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 870
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 am
Location: Places and stuff...
Contact:

Re: What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Post by kenisu3000 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:43 pm

Big Momma wrote:That site is incredibly helpful. I was wondering one thing about the GT tracks. And, sorry if this has been asked before, but how did you get the track titles? IIRC, (most? none?) of GT's soundtrack was officially released.
Most of the cue titles on my site are unofficial. I just made them up to fill in the gap. In the case of GT, all the names except for those of the 10th-Anniversary Movie material are my own invention, and most of the Kikuchi cue titles from DB & DBZ are made up as well, where the "official" titles refer to collective suites and not individual cues.
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

User avatar
Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5150
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:21 pm
Location: Munciana

Re: What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Post by Big Momma » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:56 am

kenisu3000 wrote:
Big Momma wrote:That site is incredibly helpful. I was wondering one thing about the GT tracks. And, sorry if this has been asked before, but how did you get the track titles? IIRC, (most? none?) of GT's soundtrack was officially released.
Most of the cue titles on my site are unofficial. I just made them up to fill in the gap. In the case of GT, all the names except for those of the 10th-Anniversary Movie material are my own invention, and most of the Kikuchi cue titles from DB & DBZ are made up as well, where the "official" titles refer to collective suites and not individual cues.
Ah, I see. Well, great job on that. They definitely seem like legit titles, haha :thumbup:
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog
Want to join the (Un)Official Kanzenshuu Discord Server?~Click Here~

Silkman3003
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 490
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:54 pm

Re: What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Post by Silkman3003 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:50 pm

I'm looking for a particular GT Track from the Japanese version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrKNNUwYMNw

It plays at 3:03. When S17 starts to mount offense on SSJ Kid goku

It also plays when Goku turns SSJ4, and begins to head out to find Baby Vegeta(it ends when he breaks part of the castle)

I have like a bunch of GT tracks on my hard drive, but i dont seem to have this one. tried looking on YT, and couldn't find this particular one, either

User avatar
kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 870
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 am
Location: Places and stuff...
Contact:

Re: What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Post by kenisu3000 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:27 pm

Silkman3003 wrote:I'm looking for a particular GT Track from the Japanese version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrKNNUwYMNw

It plays at 3:03. When S17 starts to mount offense on SSJ Kid goku
Oh, that's Yamcha The Strong Foe ~Rogafufuken~ from the tenth anniversary movie. It's available on CD - track 12 on that movie's soundtrack.

Anyway, I'm guessing you didn't read the OP? 'Cause I have a site for identifying BGM cues, for future reference. ;)
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

User avatar
screamingtrees
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:30 am

Re: Want to identify a music cue from the anime? Go here!

Post by screamingtrees » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:12 pm

Zestanor wrote:I'm looking at the top two channels: yeah, that's about how it looks on the Dragon Boxes. From what I can tell, Funimation was still getting a handle on the whole 5.1 surround thing with the first "season" DVD, which corresponds to the the early episodes I was looking at. In the later episodes, they seem to have settled on a mixing method, which they kept for the Dragon Ball DVDs.
Well whether they may or may not be mixed differently channel-wise, there might be another difference in the season blu-ray 5.1 mix that could be beneficial for ripping---I think the Kikuchi score is at a slightly higher dB than it was in the DVDs. I don't have any source to support this besides the interview that Funi did with Kanzenshuu where they said they worked on the 5.1 track (vague, I know), and my own two ears which have compared the tracks side-by-side. To be clear I'm talking about the Season BD Sets' and the Funi Dragon Boxes' 5.1 audio tracks.

On another note, I wanted to point out something about the Saiyan saga's cues since you seem to be working on it right now. kenisu3000's cue titles call M723 "Apples for Gohan!", but there is another slowed-down version of this cue that he doesn't give a distinct M-number to (I've been calling it M723-A). It seems way more commonly used in the series, and I've always thought of it as the truer version. Any way you could rip a clean version of it?

User avatar
Doctor.
Banned
Posts: 10558
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:02 am
Location: Portugal

Re: What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Post by Doctor. » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:12 pm

How long has it took you to do this? This is amazing! :P

User avatar
kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 870
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 am
Location: Places and stuff...
Contact:

Re: Want to identify a music cue from the anime? Go here!

Post by kenisu3000 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:39 pm

screamingtrees wrote:kenisu3000's cue titles call M723 "Apples for Gohan!", but there is another slowed-down version of this cue that he doesn't give a distinct M-number to (I've been calling it M723-A). It seems way more commonly used in the series, and I've always thought of it as the truer version.
Yeah, that was before I recognized how alternates were used, and that the slower version of "Apples For Gohan!" is a completely separate recording. It's just another thing to save for the final draft!
Doctor. wrote:How long has it took you to do this? This is amazing! :P
It took me a few years, but I was working on it in an on-and-off fashion. Had I worked consistently it probably would've taken me no longer than a year and a half, and that's giving me loads of leeway.
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

User avatar
Super 17
Regular
Posts: 623
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:59 pm

Re: What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Post by Super 17 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:20 am

Does anyone have any of the unreleased DB bgm's that are floating around on youtube on mp3 or uploaded somewhere? I was listening to them and they sound great. Zestanor did a great job. I would love to add these to the released DB music I have in my ipod. I think I'd have about 2 hours and 30 minutes worth of just DB music with the released and unreleased combined added.

User avatar
screamingtrees
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:30 am

Re: What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Post by screamingtrees » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:40 am

Image

So what it's down til the 1st? kenisu do you accept donations? :D

Keikari86
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:26 pm

Re: What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Post by Keikari86 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:42 pm

Amazing work you have done! Thank you for the effort you went through to put this together!

User avatar
kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 870
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 am
Location: Places and stuff...
Contact:

Re: What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Post by kenisu3000 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:05 pm

Keikari86 wrote:Amazing work you have done! Thank you for the effort you went through to put this together!
You're welcome ;)
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

User avatar
SSJFutureTrunks
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:13 pm

Re: What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Post by SSJFutureTrunks » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:33 pm

Hey Kenisu, I've been looking for the track that plays when Trnks begin to transform in front of Frieza and Cold. The track name is --
Coola Disposes Of Piccolo (Movie 5)

Can't seem to find it anywhere, it has no m number either.
Btw, what's with all the unreleased tracks?

User avatar
kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 870
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 am
Location: Places and stuff...
Contact:

Re: What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Post by kenisu3000 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:06 pm

SSJFutureTrunks wrote:Hey Kenisu, I've been looking for the track that plays when Trnks begin to transform in front of Freeza and Cold. The track name is --
Coola Disposes Of Piccolo (Movie 5)
Here, try this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... _Id4#t=134
it has no m number either.
I currently don't have M-numbers listed for unreleased cues because we can't be absolutely sure what those numbers are - however, we can make educated guesses, and its position in the Movie 5 cue lineup suggests it's M1213.
Btw, what's with all the unreleased tracks?
I've been asking myself that for years. :crazy:
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5381
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:16 pm
Location: Mt. Paozu

Re: What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:43 pm

Apologies if this has been asked before, but does anyone know the name of the track in Kikuchi Z when the Ginyu Force does their introductions? I usually watch Z with Faulconer, but Z ep 1-67 is reaaallly good with Kikuchi :D

I've noticed the same track in multiple areas during my re-watch of Z, (currently just started the Namek saga) but that scene is the only specific scene I remember.

User avatar
kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 870
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 am
Location: Places and stuff...
Contact:

Re: What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Post by kenisu3000 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:38 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:does anyone know the name of the track in Kikuchi Z when the Ginyu Force does their introductions?
You mean in front of Freeza? That's the second half of "The Fearsome Ginyu Tokusentai" (or "special force" or "special corps" or however they're translating "tokusentai" these days). It's found on track 10 on disc 4 of the 5-CD set, or track 14 on Disc 1 of the BGM Collection.
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

User avatar
Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 931
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:08 pm
Location: Pilot Mountain Pinnacle

Re: What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Post by Naruto6583 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:28 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:Apologies if this has been asked before, but does anyone know the name of the track in Kikuchi Z when the Ginyu Force does their introductions? I usually watch Z with Faulconer, but Z ep 1-67 is reaaallly good with Kikuchi :D

I've noticed the same track in multiple areas during my re-watch of Z, (currently just started the Namek saga) but that scene is the only specific scene I remember.
It was also used for goku using kaioken times 3 against vegeta
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

User avatar
SSJ Electric Fury
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 144
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:20 am
Location: United States

Re: What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Post by SSJ Electric Fury » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:01 pm

What's this remix of We Were Angels: http://youtu.be/yjXlsYyuCwU?t=3m33s? Is it M1702?
"You can't make up for your mistakes when you're dead." - Irina Akulov, Xenoblade [Chronicles] X
ringworm128 wrote:

User avatar
Kojiro Sasaki
Banned
Posts: 543
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:38 am
Location: Poland

Re: What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Post by Kojiro Sasaki » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:57 pm

SSJ Electric Fury wrote:What's this remix of We Were Angels: http://youtu.be/yjXlsYyuCwU?t=3m33s? Is it M1702?
It's M1706.

User avatar
yugidmx5
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:32 am

Re: What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Post by yugidmx5 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:46 pm

Anyone knows where can I find this version of Dragon Soul? It's playing in 0:05-0:13 part of the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFDiB8OvNVQ

Post Reply