What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
GigaDrill
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:46 pm

Re: What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Post by GigaDrill » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:15 pm

kenisu3000 wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:24 pm
GigaDrill wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:56 pm
So while I was trying to edit Demon Battle into the version that plays during the Gokuu vs Chi Chi fight, I found that the song actually isn't a loop; there's a noticeably different melody here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ0bbhQHKno&t=43s
compared to
https://youtu.be/KT0ODz_To-M?t=15
Does anyone have access to the full version? I know it sounds small but it's been bugging me in the 10 minutes since I found this out.
I watched/listened to both videos you provided (the clip from Goku vs. Chichi and Zestanor's rip of the music cue).

From what my ears can tell:
It plays the cue straight through at first, without edits, but just before it gets to the very last note of the main melody, it loops back to 0:01 (removing the first three notes that serve as the intro), then plays it straight through again, this time cutting out 0:15-0:18 as Chichi catches up to Goku in the air (on the line: "Yakusoku tte... ora ga omee to?"/"Did I promise you something?").

Let me know if you're hearing something I'm not.
Thanks, I missed that part

User avatar
Trouser
Newbie
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:02 am
Location: Poland

Re: What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Post by Trouser » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:03 am

Hey guys! I've looked on youtube but I can't find the piece of music that plays when Goku fights Abocado. I think it comes from OG Dragon Ball or early Z.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhUXo0fPMJE
Hello!
I'm here to talk about Dragon Ball with other fans.
Also, I would like to get my english to get better, so please, don't kill me if I'll make some mistakes.

User avatar
Forte224
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1403
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:56 pm

Re: What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Post by Forte224 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:35 am

Trouser wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:03 am
Hey guys! I've looked on youtube but I can't find the piece of music that plays when Goku fights Abocado. I think it comes from OG Dragon Ball or early Z.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhUXo0fPMJE
It plays when Goku and Piccolo fight Garlic Jr. Specifically after they drop their weighted training gear. I don’t think it ever played again. It’s a shame because it’s one of my favorites.

About 2:55 is when it starts: https://youtu.be/wnQQ8TZoXk0

User avatar
Forte224
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1403
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:56 pm

Re: What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Post by Forte224 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:40 pm

Forte224 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:35 am
Trouser wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:03 am
Hey guys! I've looked on youtube but I can't find the piece of music that plays when Goku fights Abocado. I think it comes from OG Dragon Ball or early Z.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhUXo0fPMJE
It plays when Goku and Piccolo fight Garlic Jr. Specifically after they drop their weighted training gear. I don’t think it ever played again. It’s a shame because it’s one of my favorites.

About 2:55 is when it starts: https://youtu.be/wnQQ8TZoXk0
*sigh* I wish my ability to edit didn’t vanish so quickly. Anyway, here’s the link to the track without sound effects. https://youtu.be/e3JEv-z7nxw

User avatar
Trouser
Newbie
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:02 am
Location: Poland

Re: What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Post by Trouser » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:03 pm

Forte224 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:40 pm
Forte224 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:35 am
Trouser wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:03 am
Hey guys! I've looked on youtube but I can't find the piece of music that plays when Goku fights Abocado. I think it comes from OG Dragon Ball or early Z.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhUXo0fPMJE
It plays when Goku and Piccolo fight Garlic Jr. Specifically after they drop their weighted training gear. I don’t think it ever played again. It’s a shame because it’s one of my favorites.

About 2:55 is when it starts: https://youtu.be/wnQQ8TZoXk0
*sigh* I wish my ability to edit didn’t vanish so quickly. Anyway, here’s the link to the track without sound effects. https://youtu.be/e3JEv-z7nxw
Yes! Thank you!!!
Hello!
I'm here to talk about Dragon Ball with other fans.
Also, I would like to get my english to get better, so please, don't kill me if I'll make some mistakes.

User avatar
MarCas92
Regular
Posts: 654
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:22 pm
Location: U.S/Mexican Border
Contact:

Re: What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Post by MarCas92 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:53 pm

Did this instrumental of "We Were Angels" ever play in the show? I for the life of me can't remember.
If so what is the number/title?
If not where did it come from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcbGh3bj9wc
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

User avatar
Forte224
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1403
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:56 pm

Re: What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Post by Forte224 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:58 am

MarCas92 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:53 pm
Did this instrumental of "We Were Angels" ever play in the show? I for the life of me can't remember.
If so what is the number/title?
If not where did it come from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcbGh3bj9wc
This made me curious, so I did some digging (well, actually I just scrolled down into the comment section of that video :D), and it did play in the show! It's in episode 287 when Vegeta is convinced to not kill the good Majin Boo. I uploaded the whole scene. Unfortunately the subtitles can't be uploaded with it, but the voice acting is so good that you get the idea of what's happening. Anyway, enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJer6ag ... e=youtu.be

User avatar
MarCas92
Regular
Posts: 654
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:22 pm
Location: U.S/Mexican Border
Contact:

Re: What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Post by MarCas92 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:58 am

Thanks! Lol! Should’ve just scrolled down :shock:

Awesome M1710!

Looks like it was only used ONCE in the entire series. It’s an awesome piece but it’s odd it was only used once and for a scene that isn’t that important.
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

User avatar
Forte224
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1403
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:56 pm

Re: What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Post by Forte224 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:14 am

MarCas92 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:58 am
Thanks! Lol! Should’ve just scrolled down :shock:

Awesome M1710!

Looks like it was only used ONCE in the entire series. It’s an awesome piece but it’s odd it was only used once and for a scene that isn’t that important.
It fits the mood and the scene I think. This Boo is the last loose end to tie up before the arc can really be considered over. It’s kind of a warm, calm conclusion to the conflict. It’s also a somber reminder that the show is almost over. Hearing that song soon after Kid Boo is defeated and hearing Nozawa’s voice acting has a sad but hopeful feeling to it.

User avatar
SpiritBombTriumphant
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:07 pm

Re: What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Post by SpiritBombTriumphant » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:48 pm

MarCas92 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:53 pm
Did this instrumental of "We Were Angels" ever play in the show? I for the life of me can't remember.
If so what is the number/title?
If not where did it come from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcbGh3bj9wc
That is perfect quality. Where is it from?!

User avatar
Valerius Dover
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1924
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:47 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Post by Valerius Dover » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:26 pm

Anyone know which track is used in the Kikuchi version of Episode 19 of Kai when Bulma, Krillin, and Gohan land on Namek? Unlike most of the music, I think it was only used in this scene.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

Stridster
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:45 am

Re: What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Post by Stridster » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:03 pm

Valerius Dover wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:26 pm
Anyone know which track is used in the Kikuchi version of Episode 19 of Kai when Bulma, Krillin, and Gohan land on Namek? Unlike most of the music, I think it was only used in this scene.
Could you post a short clip of that scene? Cause I'd like to be able to help but I can't for the life of me find the kikuchi version of the earlier episodes.

User avatar
Broly深蓝
Newbie
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:39 am

Re: What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Post by Broly深蓝 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:00 am

Tracks played from 8:00 to 9:00 in Totally Not Mark’s video - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zQdZ1-RLpjM

Stridster
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:45 am

Re: What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Post by Stridster » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:33 pm

Broly深蓝 wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:00 am
Tracks played from 8:00 to 9:00 in Totally Not Mark’s video - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zQdZ1-RLpjM
Found it, it's "M2021/The Need To Fuse" from the 12th movie.

User avatar
Broly深蓝
Newbie
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:39 am

Re: What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Post by Broly深蓝 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:25 am

Stridster wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:33 pm
Broly深蓝 wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:00 am
Tracks played from 8:00 to 9:00 in Totally Not Mark’s video - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zQdZ1-RLpjM
Found it, it's "M2021/The Need To Fuse" from the 12th movie.
Thank you!

GhostEmperorX
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:53 pm

Re: What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Post by GhostEmperorX » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:12 pm

MarCas92 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:53 pm
Did this instrumental of "We Were Angels" ever play in the show? I for the life of me can't remember.
If so what is the number/title?
If not where did it come from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcbGh3bj9wc
It did. Some part of it would play over the episode title narration.

User avatar
TheRed259
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1219
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:26 am

Re: What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Post by TheRed259 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:24 am

Valerius Dover wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:26 pm
Anyone know which track is used in the Kikuchi version of Episode 19 of Kai when Bulma, Krillin, and Gohan land on Namek? Unlike most of the music, I think it was only used in this scene.
https://youtu.be/Ccrj5r-sYG0?t=236

Vhanos
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:04 am

Re: What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Post by Vhanos » Thu May 21, 2020 7:20 pm

I have an identification for a music score. The track is called Tied To A Tree. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvWxNGT_zeY

That's the music used on DB episode 18. It also played on the scene "Goku faces Devilman" in DB episode 73 and "Gohan decides to fly off on Haiya Dragon" in DBZ episode 125.

Touching again on what I posted in a page back. The music for Silver's Plea on DB episode 34 is actually the music piece Tracks. The BGM is one of those in the tv series that never played in its entirety, so that makes it hard to tell. That's the thing about it. I believe they're the same thing IMO.

Post Reply