What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

kei17
I Live Here
Posts: 4025
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:23 am

Re: Want to identify a music cue from the anime? Go here!

Post by kei17 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:35 pm

A DBZ-parody trailer of Ping Pong has been officially uploaded on YouTube as an April Fool's joke, and very surprisingly, they bothered to use the unreleased original version of the NEP music. I'm really relieved that the master tape still exists!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Nw9n4UQW6o

User avatar
TheRed259
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1219
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:26 am

Re: Want to identify a music cue from the anime? Go here!

Post by TheRed259 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:45 pm

I can't unblock the video. Could anybody reupload it somewhere else?


User avatar
TheRed259
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1219
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:26 am

Re: Want to identify a music cue from the anime? Go here!

Post by TheRed259 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:56 pm

Thanks. And of course they took the opportunity to promote DBZ Kai once again (with the ad in the end).

User avatar
Kojiro Sasaki
Banned
Posts: 543
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:38 am
Location: Poland

Re: Want to identify a music cue from the anime? Go here!

Post by Kojiro Sasaki » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:45 pm

I wonder why they used mono master... As we know, stereo master for M700 series was created.

User avatar
TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10591
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:19 pm
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Contact:

Re: Want to identify a music cue from the anime? Go here!

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:17 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN6JSXC-Ukk&hd=1

What's the track in the first 30 seconds I think with Son Goten and Trunks crying?
I DO NOT HAVE A TWITTER
Son Goten

User avatar
kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 870
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 am
Location: Places and stuff...
Contact:

Re: Want to identify a music cue from the anime? Go here!

Post by kenisu3000 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:08 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN6JSXC-Ukk&hd=1

What's the track in the first 30 seconds I think with Son Goten and Trunks crying?
Ah... that's from the dub. 'Fraid I can't help you there.

This isn't the first time in this thread people have asked about something in the Faulconer score... I keep wishing there were more characters allowed in the subject line so everyone knows right off the bat I'm talking about the Japanese version. I hate having to let people down.

But maybe someone else on the forum who's better versed in the Faulconer score can help you?
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1214
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:50 am
Location: Spain

Re: Want to identify a music cue from the anime? Go here!

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:09 am

kenisu3000 wrote:I keep wishing there were more characters allowed in the subject line so everyone knows right off the bat I'm talking about the Japanese version. I hate having to let people down.
How about "Want to identify a Kikuchi cue from the anime? Go here!"?
I'm a webcomic artist! Check out http://tapastic.com/series/Hearts

User avatar
TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10591
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:19 pm
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Contact:

Re: Want to identify a music cue from the anime? Go here!

Post by TheGmGoken » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:33 pm

UltimateHammerBro wrote:
kenisu3000 wrote:I keep wishing there were more characters allowed in the subject line so everyone knows right off the bat I'm talking about the Japanese version. I hate having to let people down.
How about "Want to identify a Kikuchi cue from the anime? Go here!"?
Title would be too long.
I DO NOT HAVE A TWITTER
Son Goten

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1214
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:50 am
Location: Spain

Re: Want to identify a music cue from the anime? Go here!

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:30 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
UltimateHammerBro wrote:
kenisu3000 wrote:I keep wishing there were more characters allowed in the subject line so everyone knows right off the bat I'm talking about the Japanese version. I hate having to let people down.
How about "Want to identify a Kikuchi cue from the anime? Go here!"?
Title would be too long.
I've just checked it and it wouldn't.
I'm a webcomic artist! Check out http://tapastic.com/series/Hearts

User avatar
kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 870
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 am
Location: Places and stuff...
Contact:

Re: Want to identify a music cue from the anime? Go here!

Post by kenisu3000 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:05 am

So... I've started documenting the currently-running Majin Boo arc of DragonBall Kai. So far, 9 episodes have aired, and I've got full documentation for each one up on my site.

A couple of interesting observations:

- The recap theme is taken from the prologue that kicks off the extended Battle of Gods. It's a little under two minutes in full length, but in Kai we've only heard about 29 seconds at a time. The adventurous theme that's played in most episodes so far is the first 25 seconds of the BOG cue, followed by a cut all the way ahead to the fade-out. The action-oriented recap theme that we've been hearing in the last couple of episodes is actually part of the same exact cue.

- Every time a cue from Battle of Gods has been used in Kai, it's always been the unreleased, extended version from the Special Edition that aired on TV a few months ago. Thus, every instance of "Bulma's Birthday Party", "Kaio In A Panic", and "The Pilaf Gang Arrives" has been the alternate recording made for the Special Edition, none of which is available on CD (yet?).
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

kei17
I Live Here
Posts: 4025
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:23 am

Re: Want to identify a music cue from the anime? Go here!

Post by kei17 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:53 pm

kenisu3000 wrote:- The recap theme is taken from the prologue that kicks off the extended Battle of Gods. It's a little under two minutes in full length, but in Kai we've only heard about 29 seconds at a time. The adventurous theme that's played in most episodes so far is the first 25 seconds of the BOG cue, followed by a cut all the way ahead to the fade-out. The action-oriented recap theme that we've been hearing in the last couple of episodes is actually part of the same exact cue.

- Every time a cue from Battle of Gods has been used in Kai, it's always been the unreleased, extended version from the Special Edition that aired on TV a few months ago. Thus, every instance of "Bulma's Birthday Party", "Kaio In A Panic", and "The Pilaf Gang Arrives" has been the alternate recording made for the Special Edition, none of which is available on CD (yet?).
I've been wondering why they're using the extended tracks from BoG Special Edition because it was produced much later than Buu Kai, and after knowing the existences of the two different versions of the Buu arc, now I get it; They're currently redoing the music placement for the condensed Japanese version and have access to the extended cues. In fact, recent episodes with slower pacing, considered to be untouched episodes from the international version, do not have any cues from BoG Special Edition. We'll hear the extended cues only on newly edited down episodes or several episodes at the end of the series, too. Maybe we won't even hear any original cues from the theatrical version of BoG on international version episodes until much later.

Also, I guess that the recap themes were originally composed for Kai and recycled in BoG Special Edition by extending and bringing them together considering that the latter was produced years later.

User avatar
Valerius Dover
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1924
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:47 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Want to identify a music cue from the anime? Go here!

Post by Valerius Dover » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:32 pm

kei17 wrote: I've been wondering why they're using the extended tracks from BoG Special Edition because it was produced much later than Buu Kai, and after knowing the existences of the two different versions of the Buu arc, now I get it; They're currently redoing the music placement for the condensed Japanese version and have access to the extended cues. In fact, recent episodes with slower pacing, considered to be untouched episodes from the international version, do not have any cues from BoG Special Edition. We'll hear the extended cues only on newly edited down episodes or several episodes at the end of the series, too. Maybe we won't even hear any original cues from the theatrical version of BoG on international version episodes until much later.

Also, I guess that the recap themes were originally composed for Kai and recycled in BoG Special Edition by extending and bringing them together considering that the latter was produced years later.
Could it possibly get any weirder? It would seem that the music placement is even more different than I thought. Do you think they maybe had instrumentals of Fight It Out and Never Give Up in the episodes?
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

User avatar
Son-Kun!!
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:56 pm

Re: Want to identify a music cue from the anime? Go here!

Post by Son-Kun!! » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:59 pm

I would just like to personally thank you!!, I've found so much lost music from the series thanks to you!

User avatar
SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1642
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:55 pm
Location: Mt. Paozu/East District

Re: Want to identify a music cue from the anime? Go here!

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:20 pm

Does anyone know the Bruce Faulconer theme for when Goku says "You think you know everything about me but really, youre not even close" when he encounters #20 just before he shows off Super Saiyan.
Last edited by SingleFringe&Sparks on Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1214
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:50 am
Location: Spain

Re: Want to identify a music cue from the anime? Go here!

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:31 pm

SingleFringe&Sparks wrote:Does anyone know the Bruce Faulconer theme for when Goku says "You think you know everything about me but really, youre not even close" when he encounters #20 just before he shows off Super Saiyan.
This thread is for Kikuchi.
I'm a webcomic artist! Check out http://tapastic.com/series/Hearts

User avatar
SuicidalZerg
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 325
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:01 am
Location: Utah, United States.
Contact:

Re: What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Post by SuicidalZerg » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:28 pm

So, the site seems to have gone down...

"This site is currently unavailable.
It has used up its monthly bandwidth.
Please try back another time."

Currently using Google cache for it right now, lol.
Nozawaberries commercial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mdqta3iB6ZM

Twitch stream: http://www.twitch.tv/suicidalzerg
Planet Minecraft skins: http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/son_gohan/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/SC2SuicidalZerg
NA Battle tag: SuicidalZerg.158
MC username: SuicidalZerg

User avatar
kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 870
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 am
Location: Places and stuff...
Contact:

Re: What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Post by kenisu3000 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:24 pm

Yeah. I always feel like my pants have dropped whenever my site goes over its bandwidth. That's a hazard of being constantly broke and unable to have a paid site.

I'm surprised it hasn't come back up yet, maybe that's because it's Sunday? Whatever the case, I'm pretty sure it'll be back tomorrow.

EDIT: August 5th and the site still isn't back?? Geez! Wonder what's keeping them/the system?
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

User avatar
SaiyanZ
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 814
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:04 pm

Re: What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Post by SaiyanZ » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:52 pm

Hope it comes back. Will be very sad if it doesn't :(
Tim Duncan is dope and forever.

My favorite anime and manga (characters included): https://myanimelist.net/profile/SaiyanZ?q=SaiyanZ

User avatar
kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 870
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 am
Location: Places and stuff...
Contact:

Re: What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Post by kenisu3000 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:45 pm

SaiyanZ wrote:Hope it comes back. Will be very sad if it doesn't :(
Yeah, I don't know what's going on. The bandwidth counter resets on the 3rd of the month, and that's happened and everything, but here it's been August for almost a whole week now and still my site's frozen.

I've looked around troubleshooting threads in Webs Support, and it looks like I'm not the only one who's had this problem in the past (and fortunately those threads always get replies saying "sorry for the inconvenience, I've just unfrozen your site"), so I've posted about this little issue, and it should be fixed very soon.
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

Post Reply