Dragonball Z (JP) - The Lost BGMs?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Vegito

Dragonball Z (JP) - The Lost BGMs?

Post by Vegito » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:45 am

1) http://www.rar.co.il/files/eMule-1131895644.mp3
2) http://www.rar.co.il/files/eMule-1131895702.mp3
3) http://www.rar.co.il/files/eMule-1131895751.mp3
4) http://www.rar.co.il/files/eMule-1131895796.mp3

1) Seems to be the main theme of Pikkoro
2) Appearing in episode 16 (JP Ver.)
3) There also similar BGM to this specific- kind of bells style
4) Hmm... maybe "The Last Hope" theme? ^^;

There's any CD which including these BGMs? or they really aren't and lost? ;-;
Thanks.
Last edited by Vegito on Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:18 am

Only link one worked for me. All I get with the other links is what looks like text for a website in kanji. Anyway for the first one, that piece can easily be found on the Dragonball & Dragonball Z 5-CD set on disc 2 I believe. So I don't know why it's referred to as "lost".
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Vegito

Post by Vegito » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:23 am

Jerseymilk wrote:Only link one worked for me. All I get with the other links is what looks like text for a website in kanji. Anyway for the first one, that piece can easily be found on the Dragonball & Dragonball Z 5-CD set on disc 2 I believe. So I don't know why it's referred to as "lost".
Yes I'm sorry, I will upload to another host.

About the BGM: There isn't like this specific (1), it's only similar...

Edit:
I hope it's OK now (Up).

Back to the BGM again: you might talking about the Track 09. (Ma Ni Ae!! Nanatsu no Doragonbaru) of Disc 4 in the set. Well, like I said, it's only similar... it's not exactly like the specific (1).
Last edited by Vegito on Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:34 am

Vegito wrote: About the BGM: There isn't like this specific (1), it's only similar...
Are you sure about that? I'm pretty certain it's the same version that's on the CD..... :/

Vegito

Post by Vegito » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:39 am

Jerseymilk wrote:
Vegito wrote: About the BGM: There isn't like this specific (1), it's only similar...
Are you sure about that? I'm pretty certain it's the same version that's on the CD..... :/
100% :\

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Dragonball Z (JP) - The Lost BGMs?

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 am

Vegito wrote:Pikkoro
You've *got* to be kidding me... :roll:

There's a good bunch of music that never made it to CD. There's no all-encompassing compilation that has everything, and there probably never will be.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:08 am

Vegito wrote:
Jerseymilk wrote:
100% :\
I guess my memory's going....I haven't listened to those CDs in a while which doesn't help.

I was able to listen to the other tracks now.
Link two, I remember, but ya it's probably not on any CDs.

Link three was always played during parts with Gohan when he was living in the wilderness, especially during sad moments or where he was missing home and crying.

The last link is available is available on volume one of the Ongakushu CD. It's part of a two volume set that contains selections of BGM from the movies. I think it's track 4. The ones I mentioned may not be the exact versions, but they're pretty close and as good as you'll likely ever get.
Last edited by Jerseymilk on Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vegito

Post by Vegito » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:09 am

VegettoEX wrote:You've *got* to be kidding me... :roll:
OK. Piccoro/Piccolo...
VegettoEX wrote:There's a good bunch of music that never made it to CD. There's no all-encompassing compilation that has everything, and there probably never will be.
How awful... :cry:
Oh well. Shunsuke Kikuchi thank you for all the legendary music to Dragonball, Z, GT.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:16 pm

Vegito wrote:
OK. Piccoro/Piccolo...
I think EX's point is that there's NO debating that it's something other than Piccolo, the reasons being are that spelling it phonetically sounds like your acting elitist and because the pun is on the musical instrument. Nobody says "Shinbaru" when referring to his demonic brother, so why call Piccolo "Pikkoro?" The only names I think you'll get away with spelling phonetically are Tullece ("Taresu"), since his name pun isn't agreed on by everybody, and arguable Cooler's ("Kuula"), but even then, I think people would at least want you to write "Coola" if you don't agree with "Cooler."
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:35 pm

Dayspring wrote:The only names I think you'll get away with spelling phonetically are Tullece ("Taresu"), since his name pun isn't agreed on by everybody...
Not agreed upon by you... :P

http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=2063

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:04 pm

desirecampbell wrote:
Dayspring wrote:The only names I think you'll get away with spelling phonetically are Tullece ("Taresu"), since his name pun isn't agreed on by everybody...
Not agreed upon by you... :P

http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=2063
But as I said in that thread, we represent an exceptionally small minority of non-officials. Even if the entire online community agreed, we'd still be a minority compared to the rest of the DB community at large. We made "Tullece" up here at the daizex boards. Though I agree it makes the most sense, since we're nobodies we don't have any right to enforce it as "the real name." EX understands that, which is why he hasn't arrogantly word-filtered every variation to say Tullece. It's just like Krillin's name. Obviously, you can't translate his name while leaving out the "kuri" from "Kuririn," or else it screws up the pun completely, yet we all agree upon saying "Krillin" instead of the phonetical "Kuririn" or a pun like "Kurilin." If we all agreed to say Kurilin here at the boards from now, since it makes much more sense than Krillin, nobody would know or give a damn and it certainly wouldn't make the name official.

I'm off-topic now. Drat upon your house for that! :P
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REG

Post by Leotaku » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:27 am

Dayspring wrote:
Vegito wrote:
OK. Piccoro/Piccolo...
I think EX's point is that there's NO debating that it's something other than Piccolo, the reasons being are that spelling it phonetically sounds like your acting elitist
What?? I didn't know THAT was an issue here too. :o
I think the only one you mentioned, that I use, is Kuririn. It's the way they spell it in the translated manga I have, so I just got used to spelling it like that.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:37 am

Kuririn also helps along the pun, so I don't see any problem with using it.

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:55 am

What about Kulilin?

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REG

Post by kenisu3000 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:01 pm

The leading authority on DBZ BGM to the rescue :) Okay, okay, I'm kidding, but I can identify these.

The first one isn't on CD... it is one of Piccolo's themes, though.
The second one isn't on CD either.
The third one is one of Gohan's themes from the first few episodes... also, not on CD.
The fourth one IS on CD... it's the "duh duh duh" theme that everyone can't shut up about and it's on the DBZ Ongakushu vol. 1 (track 4)
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REG

Post by Bejiita » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:26 pm

Not all BGM tracks are on a CD, some are lost sadly. It's not really a big deal though, it's not like I would have listened to those specific ones.

And the 4th one is on CD.
My DB Fan manga:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19169 [The new version]
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1942]Chapter 1
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2685]Chapter 2
Photo's I've taken of the nearby neighbourhoods where I live in South London: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8306850@N08/

Kantico

Post by Kantico » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:59 am

Cool, I remember :cry: